The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with your Drone

stngoldberg

My drone is named "elevate"
Good light this morning on "the Breakers Mansion" and "Fairholme" on the left
Plus the Ida Lewis Yacht Club dock
Stanley

scho

I'm very tempted to get the Mavic Pro 2 now that it has a 1" sensor. :D
Ditto! I ordered the Mavic 2 Pro with the "Smart Controller" but I'm not sure if I'll even get much use with it given the new laws governing hobby drone use. I was hoping to use it primarily for landscape imaging (no video) in local areas where I can no longer hike long distances or even walk on rough trails because of neurological mobility issues. Hoping the FAA doesn't shut me out because of the new regulations.

scho

I received the Mavic 2 Pro drone a couple of days ago, but haven't done much with it yet other than testing and reading up on use. I did take a few test shots with it out on my deck, but only put it up about 10 ft. I live less than 5 miles from the Ithaca airport so I'll have to search around for less restrictive air space. The drone is easy to use and I am impressed with the image quality from the 20 MP sensor in the little Hassy camera on board. Does anyone know if this is the same Sony sensor used in the RX100?

scho

I received the Mavic 2 Pro drone a couple of days ago, but haven't done much with it yet other than testing and reading up on use. I did take a few test shots with it out on my deck, but only put it up about 10 ft. I live less than 5 miles from the Ithaca airport so I'll have to search around for less restrictive air space. The drone is easy to use and I am impressed with the image quality from the 20 MP sensor in the little Hassy camera on board. Does anyone know if this is the same Sony sensor used in the RX100?
A few more shots from this evening shooting into the setting sun. One single frame and two 3 shot panos.

scho

Sharpness at f/4 and on center looks pretty good. Two shot pano. Click for full size image.

scho

A couple of shots with the m2p in our garden just a few feet above the plants (the bees working the flowers didn't seem to mind the buzzing drone). Click for original. Still haven't decided where to go for first real flight and some landscape shooting. Ithaca proper is in a restricted flight zone and I'd have to travel to outlying areas to fly legally.

scho

Couple more garden shots taken in bright sun with the m2p in 5 shot AEB burst mode. Images composited in LR with Photomerge HDR.