The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with your Drone

Paul2660

[/url]Sunset Storm over PInnacle Valley by paul caldwell, on Flickr[/IMG]

Stormy Skies looking towards the Big Dam Bridge and Little Rock by paul caldwell, on Flickr

A couple from last night. Sadly, being land locked due to the current crisis, I have not been able to travel past my front yard. But the skies last night were amazing. All happened in about 20 minutes. Went from solid blue to a wonderful thunderstorm over the valley.

DJI Mavic 2 Pro, manual pano process, multiple AEB brackets to catch the full range of light. Longest exposure 1.6 seconds, which IMO suffered a bit from movement, but still caught the shot. Dropped to F 3.2 for these, normally at F 4.

Paul C

Michiel Schierbeek

Only way to capture some architectural details without distortion is to elevate your camera
Stanley
Nice example!
Is this one also taken with the DJI Mavic Air2? Thinking about buying it to try out drone photography for this kind of stuff.
Can one fly with these things in urban areas or does it cause problems with privacy etc.?
Could I pm you and ask for a RAW file to check if I like it?
I don't want to overwhelm you with questions.....

Greg Haag

So my daughter was rock climbing in near Moab, Utah, took a jump and fractured her L1 vertebra. I think she must be feeling better, she wanted to do something to document this time. Since she floats with the brace, she felt like the pool was a good spot and the drone seemed like the best way to capture it. I hope everyone is safe and well!

DJI_0081-Edit.jpg

stngoldberg

Nice example!
Is this one also taken with the DJI Mavic Air2? Thinking about buying it to try out drone photography for this kind of stuff.
Can one fly with these things in urban areas or does it cause problems with privacy etc.?
Could I pm you and ask for a RAW file to check if I like it?
I don't want to overwhelm you with questions.....
Yes, taken with the Mavis Air 2.
I fly it everywhere, although some cities prohibit drones; but I’m over 80 so what are they going to do with me.
Look at the image I just posted of Rose Island; can’t fly that low over water with a plane.
The drone is only 11 inches. I’m having a lot of fun with it
I try not to invade anyone’s privacy
Stanley

Paul2660