Images

Fun with your Drone

Great light for Drone photography this morning
    Stanley
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with your Drone

Am in the early days of my drone photography; I have a lot to learn about perspective from above...its a whole different thought process
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Trinity Church Steeple
    Very windy up there today..but the drone held steady
    Stanley

The Newport, Rhode Island congregation began to gather about 1698. When Richard Coote, 1st Earl of Bellomont was investigating charges of the infractions of the Navigation Acts in Rhode Island, he requested that the Board of Trade send a minister from England to Rhode Island. The first church structure was built in 1700.

The present church building was constructed in 1725–26, designed by local builder Richard Munday, who based his designs on those that he had seen that Sir Christopher Wren had used in London churches in the late 17th century. The church's design is very similar to that of Old North Church in Boston. Trinity, however, was built entirely of wood. It is believed to be the only church building with its three-tiered wineglass pulpit remaining in its original position in the center of the aisle, in front of the altar. The building was enlarged in 1764, but otherwise retains its original character with box pews.

In 1731, Dean George Berkeley donated the first organ, whose wooden case, decorated with the Crown of England and the mitres of the archbishops of Canterbury and York, survives in place. The first organist was Charles Theodore Pachelbel, son of the famous German Baroque composer Johann Pachelbel.

The church was used as a garrison church by the British Army in 1776–1778. Local oral tradition reports that George Washington attended services there in 1781. The Chevalier de Ternay, the French admiral who died in December 1780, is buried in the churchyard.

Also interred here is Dr. Sylvester Gardiner, who in 1753 purchased an immense tract of Maine wilderness where he founded what is now the city of Gardiner. Many members of the Vanderbilt family attended the church when summering in Newport.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice shots, I really like the lighthouse one. Lots of good drone shots are over water, LOL!

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Stanley,

Gorgeous shots ... the steeple in particular is very well exposed and framed.

Any ND filter or did you adjust aperture and shutter to control exposure and highlights?

I have to decide by tomorrow whether I will stay with the Mavic Pro or move to the P4P.

Your pictures are compelling but the size of the MP is so hard to give up ... it is about the
    volume of your P4P controller.

Ultimately I am convinced that I will keep an Inspire 2 in the garage ... for those trips out west
    in the car.

Nice historic presentation.

And you are correct that the perspective is hard to discern from the air ... I assume that multiple passes
    and a lot of discarded footage will be involved.

Regards,

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Bob,
    No need for ND filter with PP4; like a DSLR, I set the camera for Aperture priority and the exposure and shutter speed correctly follow.
    At the moment, while I am a beginner at this, I am at an ISO of 800; which is probably higher than I need because the shutter speed is usually above 1/2000 second.
    I'll refine this in time, when I get better at piloting.
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Stanley,

I use the ND filters to run a shutter speed close to 2x the FPS in video ... although the P4P still has
    an advantage of setting the aperture and gaining a better DOF.

The Mavic Pro was exchanged for a Phantom 4 Pro this morning ... batteries and remote on the charger.
    A new DJI refresh just taken out on the new drone.

Looking forward to the much better sensor and mechanical shutter in the camera.

Your photos helped my decision.

Thanks

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Looking forward to your images
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not many days with with good light this spring, but I caught a few hours early this afternoon to photograph Beavertail
    Stanley

Beavertail Lighthouse, built in 1856, was and still is the premier lighthouse in Rhode Island, United States, marking the entrance to Narragansett Bay. The 64-foot (20 m) lighthouse lies on the southernmost point of Conanicut Island in the town of Jamestown, Rhode Island in Beavertail State Park, on a site where beacons have stood since the early 18th century. The Whistle House and Garage were destroyed by the New England Hurricane of 1938. The light provides navigation for boats and ships entering Narragansett Bay in the East Passage between Conanicut Island and Newport, Rhode Island on Aquidneck Island. Other lighthouses, such as Castle Hill Lighthouse, Point Judith Light, and Rose Island Light are visible from Beavertail Lighthouse.

Its white light rotates counterclockwise and makes a full rotation in about six or seven seconds. The light is on 24 hours per day with a rotation every 6 seconds, unlike many lighthouses that are near it. It has a loud foghorn that blasts about every 30 seconds during the fog.

Contents [hide]
    1 History
    2 Keepers and assistants[3]
    3 See also
    4 Gallery
    5 References
    6 External links
    History[edit]
    Prior to the establishment of a lighthouse at Beavertail, local Native Americans would keep pitch fires burning, to warn sailors away from the rocky coastline. The earliest records of the town of Jamestown making reference to construction of a beacon date to 1712, and mention a watch house in 1705.[2] In 1749, a wooden tower was built, and the light (which was then known as "Newport Light") became the third lighthouse established in the colonies, preceded only by Boston Light in Boston Harbor, and Brant Point Light, Nantucket. A fire was lit at the top of the tower, as was common for the time. Four years later it burned down and was replaced by a stone tower.

In 1779, as British sailors retreating from Newport near the end of the American Revolutionary War, they left a trail of destruction behind them. This included burning the lighthouse and removing the optics, which left the light dark for the rest of the war.

In 1856, the tower was again replaced with what is now the current tower, made of granite which is 10 ft (3.0 m) square, and 64 feet (20 m) from ground to beacon. A 3rd order Fresnel lens was placed and over the next forty years it was the site of numerous fog-signal tests, under the supervision of the United State Lighthouse board. In 1898 quarters for an assistant keeper were added to the keeper's house, the assistant helped, among other things, with fog-signaling.

During the 1938 hurricane, the whistle house was destroyed, revealing the original base for the 1749 structure, which sits 100 feet (30 m) from the current tower. A few miles southwest of Beavertail point, Whale Rock can be seen, resembling a submarine attempting to surface. Whale Rock Lighthouse, and its keeper, Walter Eberle, were swept into the waters of Narragansett bay during the hurricane of 1938; Eberle's body was never recovered.

In 1939, the US Coast Guard took command of all lighthouses and navigational aids, and in 1989 Beavertail light was automated, as part of a program by the Coast Guard, which ended the job the keeper at all stations except for Boston Light, which to this day, remains the only manned lighthouse in America.

In 1989, following a joint effort by the US Coast Guard, Rhode Island Parks Management, the Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management, and the town of Jamestown, the building was restored and reopened to the public. In 1993, Beavertail Lighthouse Museum Association (BLMA) was established to oversee the operations of the Beavertail Lighthouse Museum, which is located in the assistant keeper's house. The museum includes a Fresnel lens, and the history of, models and photos of many Rhode Island lighthouses.

Keepers and assistants[3][edit]
    Keeper years Assistant years
    Abel Franklin 1749-1755
    Jerathmeel (John) Bowers 1770
    Josiah Arnold 1770-1783
    William Martin 1783-1803
    Phillip Caswell 1803-1818
    George Shearman 1816-1829
    Sylvester R. Hazard 1829-1844
    Robert H. Weeden 1844-1848
    Mrs. Demaris A. Weeden 1848-1857
    Joshua B. Rathburn 1857-1858 Henry Rathburn 1857-1859
    Silas G. Shaw 1858-1862
    E. E. Taylor 1859
    William B. Spooner 1859
    William H. Carr 1859-1861
    Benjamin W. Walker 1861-1862
    William D. Weeden 1862 Albert Caswell 1862-1863
    Peter J. Lee 1862-1863
    Silas G. Shaw 1863-1869 Christopher Austen 1863
    William Batchelder 1863-1864
    Ann N. Shaw 1864-1869
    Thomas King 1869-1873 Patrick McNamara 1869
    Andrew King 1869-1873
    William W. Wales 1873-1895 Alexander F. Fraser 1873-1875
    Charles H. Lake 1875
    George A. Brown 1875-1885
    John S. Wales 1885-1888
    George B. Wales 1888-1895
    John S. Wales 1895-1915
    George B. Wales 1895-1900
    Joshua A. Overton 1900-1915
    John S. Wales 1915-1919 George T. Manders 1915-1919
    George T. Manders 1919-1937 Stanley H. Roode 1919-1920
    Edward A. Donahue 1920-1948
    Carl. S. Chellis 1938-1948 1920-1948
    Edward A. Donahue 1948-1953 Dominic M Turillo 1951-1953
    Dominic M. Turillo 1953-1969 Ronald Bugenske 1962-1965
    Calvin Hirsch 1965-1969
    George Light 1969 Unknown 1969
    John Baxter 1970-1972 George Light 1970-1972
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looked to be a bit of a fresh breeze ...

Very nice perspective.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Was 15 knots and a lot of drones there photographing
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

No shades of kite runner?

Hopefully not ...

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"The Ledges"...Newport RI
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Pics and RI is a fantastic area for scenics.... but for me the happiest day of my life was when I sold my drone. I had a DJI Vision 3 and the camera was horrible and the technology was far from reliable using Civilian GPS. I read everyday on drone forums of someones drone unexplainably flying off to parts unknown for no explainable reason. I was so concerned about this I even bought and installed a cellphone style cell tracker just in case. Luckily mine always came back but the worry was always if it wouldn't.

I could see this lil 4lb beauty with a litho battery and whirling meat chopping blades flying off and hitting a child or landing on a roof and the litho battery bursting into flames then getting sued for every penny I have saved in a liability lawsuit for what? Some lousy IQ pics from a DJI digital camera?

I reduced the money I had into it in half and only sold it to someone who I explained the possible issues they may experience and the possibilities of loss and they said I understand and accept those issues. Bam it went out the door... I heard he lost it 3 weeks later out over a tidewater marsh never to be seen again.......

If the technology and equipment redundancy ever get more advanced and reliable I may get backing one again but imo they have a very long way to go to get there at a reasonable price. Yeah they make 8 motored units that carry dslrs for a price but it would have to be nauseating to see a sun spot or a reset of the civilian GPS system set the units new "home" 3 miles out into a marsh rather where it took off and know %4k worth of drone attached to $6k worth of Dslr and lens just disappeared into the horizon. I am not that financially ready to risk that much money for a arial photograph.

Best of luck with your drone photography and I hope she comes back every time for you......
    Last edited by Jim DE; 23rd June 2017 at 19:50.

Vivek

omg!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This house is known as Hurricane Hut. Has been demolished by two hurricanes in my lifetime. Always wonder how the owner gets insurance
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DE View Post
    Nice Pics and RI is a fantastic area for scenics.... but for me the happiest day of my life was when I sold my drone. I had a DJI Vision 3 and the camera was horrible and the technology was far from reliable using Civilian GPS.

Best of luck with your drone photography and I hope she comes back every time for you......
    Jim,

As a young adult I built countless RC aircraft that did not survive 10 minutes in the air. Months of building over the winter for a very short flight that ended
    up tilling the ground.

Only recently tried a drone and found it unbelievably stable ... latest generation software is very good. 4K video borders on outstanding and it gives you a perspective that
    only comes from the air.

Imagine this ... 600K drones registered ... and I imagine a bunch of folks disappointed as they exceed the flying and software envelope of the craft.

I just passed the FAA commercial drone exam ... am a certified private pilot ... and the rules are pretty compelling ... line of sight not over people ... not in controlled
    airspace. Bust the rules and you may lose your craft ... stay within limits at least you can bring it back safely when it aborts a flight.

I remember a flight with a 83 year old flight instructor ... very spry woman who had been flying ... forever. Showed me that if the craft was trimmed correctly you could
    let go of the controls and it would find level flight. Most mishaps being pilot errors. Think the drone thing may become somewhat similar ... as the software improves and
    we stay within limits just let go of the controls and the things hover ... in place.

You are correct that the pilot in command is liable for any mishap. Behooves one to know the craft, software and law.

I only fly when I am in an area that has no other people ...

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"Breakers"...Newport, RI

Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

Doc I have no issue with anything you have said........ My DJI was a Vision 3 the one just before 4K but I didn't use it for video anyway (don't really care for the media). The issue we had with that model and the previous ones as well as the one that directly followed mine in release was civilian GPS is unreliable, my the versions I am referring to also had to beware of sun spot activity, and with only 4 motors and 4 sending units the unit had no redundancy so a oops with a motor or sending unit and she would make a hard cut off level flight and go full bore at a angle to where ever to impacts. Also the gps satellites and the software we had which mine was pre the limiting softwares for elevation of flight and no airport restrictions... in short it was fly anywhere and how far you dared.... I never dared it much as I did not want to risk $1500 worth of gear. I stayed way below the faa ceiling and always in line of sight. Mine never flew off on me but I did have a sensor go one time at takeoff and she powered to the ground from 3' or so so it was only the sensor and a blade change to get her going again, But that one instance made me realize how dangerous and costly no redundancy could be not even taking into account all the other GPS and user issues these DJI's had and their customer service was one of the worst I have ever seen.

As I said when and if the technology improves and the cameras, units, and Civilian GPS gets less unreliable I might take the plunge again but most likely as old as I am I probably won't see that day while I am still kicking and breathing

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jim,
    I am not having any of the issues you describe. Most of the images I have posted were taken while the drone was completely out of sight.
    Yesterday, my grandson, who like many boys of his age is a video game fanatic, used the drone for the first time and photographed images 2 miles away just watching the screen on the display. He used the two sticks on the controller like an accomplished piano player moving the drone left and right, forward and backward, up and down while doing 360 turns with the camera in an attempt to find sites to photograph.
    I have three batteries; he flew the drone for more than an hour only stopping to change batteries when they were running low.
    In the time, I have piloted my drone, I have never lost my GPS connection, and I always find a safe place to land and launch the drone away from people.
    When I employ the go to home bottom, the drone has always landed within a few feet of its launch position.
    As I understand the recent history, the technology available to drone customers has made huge leaps forward lately.
    The Sony sensor on the Phantom 4 pro is really good. The prints I get from the camera are not the quality that my Phase One 100 megapixel yields, but they are quite acceptable.
    I don't want anyone to think I am a drone expert...because I am still a novice, but I am getting images that would be impossible without a drone and enjoying the creativity allowed by this device
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DE View Post
    As I said when and if the technology improves and the cameras, units, and Civilian GPS gets less unreliable I might take the plunge again but most likely as old as I am I probably won't see that day while I am still kicking and breathing
    I never imagined that I would be flying a drone or RC craft at any point ... after all the disastrous experiences in my early 30's with RC planes.

I do a bit of flying that necessitates take off and landing under some high power lines ... up 4 feet out 40 then ascend as needed. There is so much magnetic interference it makes calibrating the compass of the unit
    impossible. But it is still able to hover and adjust ... now the units use both GPS and Glasnost signals and I usually have 8 - 10 synced in my area. After a severe rain storm with significant cloud cover and gust to 15 miles
    per hour I lost gps signal and while the craft was controllable ... it did not hover in position nor maintained altitude and was skitting around like a kite. However ... did not stall nor assume an uncontrollable attitude. My
    flying skills improved very quickly that morning.

I also started flying patterns within 30 then 50 feet and limited to 50 feet altitude. Figure of eights forward backward clockwise and counterclockwise ascending and descending. Got a bit of practice in the house ... with vision
    positioning only as no GPS signal available.

My real drive is the feeling of motion ... ascending and moving towards and away from objects of interest that allows them to be put in perspective both visually and geographically.

The new Phantom 4 has redundant sensors and compasses but I assume you would need a hexa- or octa- copter to deal with the loss of a motor. I am fairly confident that the failure rate of the motors would be low after initial
    startup ... should fail early or not likely unless the craft had been damaged in transit or crashed.

Things are moving very quickly and I think you may find in the not too distant future one that you trust enough to play with in safe areas.

The far limit is seen in this video .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uWlg5-6gWQ

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

I just went back to two of the forums I used to visit when I had my drone.... seems there is far less talk of flyaway than several years ago when the 3 was the tol. Seems they still are having servo issues causing downed units with the 4 pro and mavica's but DJI is covering this issue with their warranty. Obviously DJI has corrected most if not all of the unexplained fly away issues but seems slanted flight at takeoff causing rotor damage and cocked video images due to the gimbal not staying level without twisting the unit.

Hope you guys have great luck with your DJI's ..... I read some of the same old firmware upgrade fears by users and some other DJI confidence issues that would still keep me from plunking down $2k with the chance of it dropping out of the sky and doing property or physical damage to a individual and getting my life's savings taken away from me in a liability lawsuit for a toy made by DJI that has proven to have flight and reliability issues. I was surprised B&H was selling DJI products with all the returns they were getting between the phantom 3 and 4 model releases for all the reliability issues. My drone was the first item I ever returned to B&H in 20 years of buying products from them. Fact is I had to twice return units one for the servo and the replacement units camera was a blur on the left side so it went back too .. third unit still had a oof region on the ft left corner but I just cropped that out on every pic rather than return yet another unit

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pell bridge which connects Newport, RI to Jamestown, RI
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

sent my drone up to get eye level perspective of these interesting shapes

Stanley

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ida Lewis Yacht Club from above
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not the best light today, but how does one get these images without a drone?

Stanley

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lot's of interesting cupolas in Newport
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Widows walk

Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

I really like some of your pictures here, and also have admired many videoclips shot from drones .... but ...
    when I look at them, and how they are probably shot, I have to admit that I wonder if this would all be legal in our country (Belgium) where the rules are (IMHO) very stringent : max alt 10m, only above (your ?) private terrain ...

How's that in your countries ? Are you all licensed drone-pilots ? With a flightplan for every flight ?????

C U,
    Rafael
    P1 645DF with P30+/E-M1/GH2/G1 Full Spectrum & lots of lenses
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/f6cvalk...th/9226689839/

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I registered my drone with the FAA as required here, but so far no requirement to get a permit to fly it
    There is a list of regulations mostly concerning proximity to airports and places where people congregate. There is a height restriction here, I think at 500 meters
    Stanley
    Last edited by stngoldberg; 13th July 2017 at 13:55.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    I registered my drone with the FAA as required here, but so far no requirement to get a permit to fly it
    There is a list of regulations mostly concerning proximity to airports and places where people congregate. There is a height restriction here, I think at 500 meters
    Stanley
    Might be 500ft not meters, Stan. As a private pilot long ago in UK, then USA, descent below 500ft above ground level was not allowed, IIRC.

Post Thanks / Like

It is 400 ft AGL and 400 ft above buildings as max ....

Bob

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, in the States limited to 400 ft or 120 m above ground, not over people, and not over restricted areas, such as National Parks, National Monuments, National Laboratories, security areas or within 5 nautical miles from airports without informing the airport manager first. One also has to stay away from hospitals with heliports, etc. It's also not a good idea to loiter over private property other than your own.

I use the free airmap software on my iPad to stay clear of all restricted areas.
    With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Castle Hill light is down there somewhere.
    This week my drone and I feel rejected. Security people see me as the enemy when I appear with my drone even if I try to fly it in a lawful area. My solution is to fly it early in the morning when no one is around.
    I purchased some copper shields that attach to my antenna on the Phantom 4 controller. I find the drone stays in contact over a 4,000 meter distance (almost three miles) with the copper attachment. Supposedly the drone returns to home (me) when it looses contact which gives me the courage to push the limit.
    Stanley
    Last edited by stngoldberg; 22nd July 2017 at 06:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Touro Synagogue, newport RI with Levi Gale house on the right
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Easton's Beach, Newport RI

Stanley

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pemaquid point light, near New Harbor, Me

Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

That one is nice .... love the surge deep blue and foreground.

Must have had a bit of wind to contend with?

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bob, it was kinda of windy there; but the next day, I brought the drone over to Nubble light in York, Maine where it was just too windy to put up the aircraft.
    The flag was straight out; it was blowing in excess of 25 knots
    Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know and not exceed the limits of your craft and your skill!

Old pilots and bold pilots but no old bold ....

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My friend Jim's house overlooking the 17th hole
    Stanley

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

I look all photos and some pic is just awesome with location, background and subjects, But other pics look average.

Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon!

Finally got my drone kit sorted out today with the arrival of the camera, first shoot just testing, it's not enough to be in the air, these things need work to get a decent composition in good light, none of which are in this shot! Quite impressed though.

http://matrichardson.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Morning

Day 2 with the drone and it's quite the steep learning curve. Went out at 5am with a view to capturing the amazing foggy mornings we have here at this time of the year but none to be seen, the sun came up and it was glorious light but the drone decided it needed a full update which took 20 minutes, used half a set of batteries and was exactly the amount of time it took for the light to disappear! Crap. Anyway, finally got 15 mins of flying in before the weather turned and it started to rain.

I am really trying to get some sort of graphic interpretation of the scene by flying, it will take some practice for sure but I took a selfie over this bridge, I really like the symmetry and the lines, also flew over the edge of the lake to practice shooting straight down.

http://matrichardson.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Mat , love the second shot . I tink these totally vertical shots show lovely geometric forms .
    What camera and lens was used ? ? ?
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jürgen

Yes, I really like the shapes from directly above, still very much feeling my way though, image quality will come as I get used to controlling the drone and the camera although amazed how well it stays in place.

Drone is a DJI Inspire 2 with the X5S camera, these shots with the standard DJI/Panasonic I think 15mm but I have an Olympus 45mm which arrived this morning so will be trying that too. Unfortunately it's raining heavily and forecast for the next 4 days so will have to wait, always happens when you have a new toy to play with!

Cheers

Mat

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Mat

I think , I should have better asked for the sensor format . Ok. I searched the net and found it . Very interesting
    gear and rather expensive , but not as expensive as a HASSELBLAD H6D and the drone which can carry that weight .
    Waiting for your next shots , when the rain has gone . Good luck .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's pretty expensive, I have resisted the temptation to get one before because I haven't liked the built in cameras, I am offering still photography more than anything to my clients and this is the first camera that can actually hold up to a decent sized print in my opinion. M4/3rds sensor and changeable lenses means I can stitch or shoot wide angles and have some flexibility, it's a very stable machine and extremely quick too. The risks with a H6D on a drone are just too high for me, insurance and licensing are expensive here and the bigger drone moves in to a whole new category for registration requiring special courses and stuff, just too much money, amazing though I'm sure!

If the rain ever stops I will hopefully learn to use it properly!

Mat

Post Thanks / Like

Mat

Perfect drone ... mechanical shutter and RAW capture ... even in video. I assume that with time you will up the battery count ... 6 at a minimum.

Expect to see a lot of updates from DJI ... about every other time I fly they have one awaiting me. May be worth getting on the night before to
    see if you need to update so that you can maximize the morning light ... and recharge batteries.

I think the interchangeable lens capabilities of the X5 are great ... and would highly recommend a series of ND filters so that you can control aperture
    for video ... not as important for stills.

Recommend using the DJI flight instruction manual ... find a good sized field and practice figure of eights, square patterns forward and back towards obstacles,
    in all directions. Also remember to set return to home at a decent altitude to ensure clearance as it will come straight back.

Best not to hover too close to the ground on landing ... stay our of ground effect. Just approach to 2 meters then bring it down without a lot of delay so that
    it does not surprise you with an aerobatic maneuver at ground level.

The Inspire 2 is a bit big for me ... but would love to have the camera and if I were doing any commercial work I would need it.

Keep the pictures coming ... love it.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bob

Yes, it's a great drone! Battery count will be 8 by Monday, the 6 extras were sent yesterday so very much looking forward to some serious time in the air!

I have a set of ND filters and step up rings, helps with balancing lenses as well which is a bonus.

Yes, practicing is taken care of, I have a great area and have plenty of experience with smaller drones but they were just for messing about, different controlling the camera when things get a little more serious and happy clients and paid invoices are involved, luckily the I2 is absolutely rock solid in the air.

Weather is completely rubbish here but looking forward to some more air time, will update when I have something worth looking at!

Have a nice weekend.

Mat