The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which version of SPP?

eddystone

I've not used SPP for a while but I hope to get more chance to use my Merrills in the coming months. On Windows I've not updated beyond 5.5.3 and it's never been unstable - slow and annoying yes, but no crashes. Now I've got an iMac for photo editing (late 2014 but updated to Sierra); given i'm not interested in Quattro, is there any downside to installing the latest version of SPP, which i understand is reasonably stable on a mac? I have a link that enables me to download 5.5.3 to the iMac but then it seems to disappear!

xpatUSA

I've not used SPP for a while but I hope to get more chance to use my Merrills in the coming months. On Windows I've not updated beyond 5.5.3 and it's never been unstable - slow and annoying yes, but no crashes. Now I've got an iMac for photo editing (late 2014 but updated to Sierra); given i'm not interested in Quattro, is there any downside to installing the latest version of SPP, which i understand is reasonably stable on a mac? I have a link that enables me to download 5.5.3 to the iMac but then it seems to disappear!
Not having a Mac, I can't answer the question personally but I would suggest you go here and search:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/1027

Or sign up and post the question there. There a good few Mac users there.