The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Light L16

Norm N

28mm,1/25. is0 3200, SOOTC

Gtygrdexbt1080-00111.jpg

After using the camera for a month or so, a few things have become apparent to me: The color quality in this ISO 3200 file is outstanding. On my monitor, i can see no noise in the file. Therefore, I assume that AI techniques are being used for noise reduction.

scho

A few L16 street snaps taken at the annual Ithaca Festival on the commons. Everything from belly dancing, to beer, loud bands, and a memorial statue and table.

scho

The Rhody bloom is on (tail end) up here now so we visited the Cornell Arboretum gardens today. A few snaps below with the L16.

Also some Hostas

and showy Peonies

display with sliced tree trunk and dried grasses

scho

I call this our "Darth Vader" plant, because of the sinister looking dark purple and black leaves. It is a purple oxalis with pale pink blossoms that contradict the otherwise macabre look of the leaves.

scho

My wife took me over to Watkins Glen for my birthday lunch and we had a perfect June day on Seneca Lake.

scho

Wow! I haven't been to Watkins Glen since about 1975! Used to go there for the road racing...

G
They don't race through the town anymore, but that was long ago (1952) that they stopped after a tragic crash involving spectators watching along the route. All the action now is up on the hill above the village at the big NASCAR track.

scho

Alley in back of the Seneca wine company building (formerly a machine shop and tool factory) in Watkins Glen.

scho

Approaching the summer solstice with a half moon visible in the clear blue sky early in the afternoon of June 19, 2018.

scho

There is a new system upgrade available today for the L16. I did not get the auto update alert on the camera so used manual to update. You also need to update Lumen to work with the new camera firmware. Most of the new features relate to better detail and less noise in low light captures. Still no auto batch processing that I was hoping for.

Godfrey

I upgraded Lumen and installed the firmware update into the L16 yesterday. Some nice improvements once again! The L16 continues to become a more sophisticated, better camera as time goes on!

I've mostly been focusing on doing table-top and some light copy work with it the past few weeks. A discussion elsewhere about Minox subminiature equipment lead me to pulling out that collection and making a photo of it this morning:

The items are:

1. Minox Copy Stand - four legs unscrew for storage and are extensible with click stops in keeping with the focusing knob graduations (IIIS, B, and C)
  2. Minox Binocular Clamp - allows taking telephoto photos by attaching to one side of a pair of binoculars with center focusing wheel. (IIIS, B, and C)
  3. Minox Combo Case - holds EC camera and flash unit.
  4. Minox Right Angle Finder - allows you to look down into the viewfinder at near waist angle (IIIS)
  5. Minox EC camera
  6. Minox EC camera leather slip case
  7. Minox Film Magnifying Viewer and Cutter - to view negs and cut film strips precisely
  8. Minox Electronic Flash - for the EC but an adapter elsewhere in my cabinet adapts it to the IIIS, C, and B.
  9. Minox B and pocket leather case
  10. Minox Meter for IIIS - working, but needs a new cell and calibration to be accurate.
  11. Minox table-top tripod in case
  12. Minox table-top tripod assembled with IIIS, B, C holder and cable release. These little tripods are very sturdy and rigid. The legs unscrew and fit into one another so they take up very little space for carrying.
  13. Minox C (early, Complan lens) plus ever-ready leather case
  14. Honeywell Nikor Minox 9.5mm reel
  15. Honeywell Nikor box for Minox 9.5mm reel
  16. Minox IIIS camera and case

Full rez is here: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1783/41283490260_7b6f5ceb02_o.jpg
The Light L16 did quite a nice job of it, given that I was working in too confined a space to get the best perspective.

A walk down memory lane for me. I used all of the Minox gear quite a lot over the years in the 1990s up to the early 2000s. :D

G

scho

Just trying out the new firmware/software with the L16. Not sure if if this was from an image stack or just single. According to notes this should kick in automatically above ISO 2000 and in auto mode. No clues from camera what is happening. This was ISO 2400.

scho

Just trying out the new firmware/software with the L16. Not sure if if this was from an image stack or just single. According to notes this should kick in automatically above ISO 2000 and in auto mode. No clues from camera what is happening. This was ISO 2400.

Tried low light mode again. Auto mode, handheld, 35mm, ISO 3200, F15 1/25 sec. Should have been taken by stacking multiple images, but no clues from camera if that is what is happening.