The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GR with IBIS possible Hi-Res ?

Tim

I was wondering if the new 24Mp GR III with its 3 way IBIS could possibly be able to have a Hi-Res mode like the EM1.2 has ?
Is this just a matter of software which may mean licensing the patent but is there any reason why the GR III now could not have this.

The idea of 50 Mpixel in the size of a pack of cards is enticing.

V

Vivek

It is very much possible. Pentax/Ricoh have the technology as well. :)

jminor

Yes, that would be an exciting option to have on such a small camera. I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but "Pixel Shift" on the Pentax cameras, and "Hi-Res" on the Olympus utilize 5 axis stabilization while the GR III has 3 axis stabilization. So I don't know if that feature will work with 3 axis... Either way I will purchase the GR III as soon as its available.....