The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Ricoh GR III

biglouis

Please don't show these photos taken with the GR III to my wife. She'll pressure me once more to sell my Fuji MF system :)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
GRIII.TREE.jpg

RICOH GR III . Springtime is late this year .
This is one of my first shots with that APSC dwarf .

biglouis

I love this little camera as much as the GR. So much photographic power in such a tiny form factor. As I've said a few times, they'll have to prise the GR from my cold dead hands...

Chancery Lane London, taken from the top of a number 8 bus. If you visit London, forget paying for a bus tour, just get the top-deck front seat of a number 8 and go from Oxford Circus to Bow Church for the price of normal bus journey.

Threadneedle Street, looking towards 422 Bishopsgate nearing completion, also from the top of the bus

Padlocks outside Shoreditch High Street Station, an example of the macro function on the lens.

Entrance to Pedley Street, off Brick Lane in Spitalfields

'Petticoat Lane' (Wentworth Street) looking towards the architecture of the financial district in the City of London

Bottom of Ghoulston Street and the entrance to Whitechapel

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I believe , that my colour perception currently varies quite a bit . I refer to my image in post #25 .
Therefore I would like to show the image , now processed on my iMAC2017 , which is more like what I saw yesterday .

ALGOVIA.iMAC copy.jpg

Also yesterday , after I returned home , I found that I had no SDHC card in the camera . That happened to me the first time ever .
But the images could be displayed . I was very much surprised .
The GRIII obviously has a 2GB internal storage and there is a function which allows you to load the images from that 2GB storage onto a now inserted SDHC card .

Who else experienced something like that ? ? ?

Shashin

Also yesterday , after I returned home , I found that I had no SDHC card in the camera .
I am not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, you get some images if you forget a card. On the other, why is the camera not giving you a "no card" warning so you can put a card in the camera?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I am not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, you get some images if you forget a card. On the other, why is the camera not giving you a "no card" warning so you can put a card in the camera?
That is exactly , what I was confused about as well . I will try to find something in the manual but I don't have much hope .

biglouis

Ricoh is so innovative but it is a bit of a shame they did not go the whole hog and include 32gb in the camera and use the external SD slot for backup or sequential storing. They are masters at firmware so I'm sure they could have done it and in this day and age a 32gb sd chip costs next to nothing.

LouisB

biglouis

A few from a walk with my wife near our house on the border of Camden Town and Kings Cross.
As she likes to say "You really know how to show a girl a good time!"
GRIII

Last edited:

Robert Campbell

A few from a walk with my wife near our house on the border of Camden Town and Kings Cross.
As she likes to say "You really know how to show a girl a good time!"
GRIII

Your wife is quite right!

Looks the sort of place you might take a wife (or husband), but hardly the sort of inspiring, romantic place to take a date. Specially when you see 'toxic' spelled out for you. ;)

biglouis

Your wife is quite right!

Looks the sort of place you might take a wife (or husband), but hardly the sort of inspiring, romantic place to take a date. Specially when you see 'toxic' spelled out for you. ;)
Haha! I have to confess it was the wife's idea. She is an expert on weeds and we often end up in all sorts of fly-blown places hunting for examples of them. This time I took my camera.

LouisB