The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Ricoh GR III

anyone

Technically it's the wrong thread, as this is a Ricoh GR picture, but I thought I'd share it here in any case. I did own almost all the Ricoh GR cameras, and now also have the newest version. They are, together with the Fuji X100 series, the finest pocket cameras in my opinion. There is an ongoing battle between the X100 and the GR series, and possibly the solution is to own them both. In the end, it's like the film GR and Hexar. Almost similar in terms of lenses (28mm vs 35mm), the Hexar being a little larger but nicer to carry with a strap, the GR being better suited to fit into the pocket.

This picture is taken with the Ricoh GR.

Norway

R0014563_web.jpg

Last edited:

biglouis

I posted the photograph of this beautiful motorbike taken with my Fuji GFX50R in the appropriate thread but here is the version I took with the GRIII. The detail is amazing. If you go through to Flickr you can see the full sized jpeg and also see the full sized version with the GFX50R if you want to do a comparison.

biglouis

Technically it's the wrong thread, as this is a Ricoh GR picture, but I thought I'd share it here in any case. I did own almost all the Ricoh GR cameras, and now also have the newest version. They are, together with the Fuji X100 series, the finest pocket cameras in my opinion. There is an ongoing battle between the X100 and the GR series, and possibly the solution is to own them both. In the end, it's like the film GR and Hexar. Almost similar in terms of lenses (28mm vs 35mm), the Hexar being a little larger but nicer to carry with a strap, the GR being better suited to fit into the pocket.

Norway

View attachment 149492
That is a beautiful photograph. If the new Fuji 100? has a 28mm lens I might consider it. I think 28mm makes much more sense for a pocket camera.

LouisB

Gillymaru

Just got the GR111 on a whim, wanted something a little smaller than my micro 4/3 gear. Seems like a great camera, bit of a learning curve after 12 years of Olympus and Panasonic menus and settings. Took it with me on a 350km round trip through the mountains this weekend. Great driving roads and good weather, perfect in the new post pandemic world.

Attachments