The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bronica ETRS adapted

B L

Since I have P21 and P30 backs,I always wanted to put these backs behind ETRS body,and I plunged for a Silvestry made Bronica to V fit adapter.This adapter is more costly than Bronica ETRS body with 40mm,75mm,150mm and AEII finder!
I will use this set up purely as enthusiastic experiment and it is only recommended to "experiment" to go "Bronica digital way" if you already own digital back(s) and atleast a basic ETRS outfit.Than you will need the spacer adapter to be able to attach the back. All in all its possible.
I find this set up is more user friendly (in terms of operation) than say Hasselblad "V" 500 series bodies and lenses.
Please excuse me as I am not a good essay writer!

Attachments

bensonga

Since I have P21 and P30 backs,I always wanted to put these backs behind ETRS body....
I will use this set up purely as enthusiastic experiment....
BL - I personally think this and similar "enthusiastic experiment(s)" is very enjoyable and a great way to give a new life/use to older cameras and lenses, many of which can produce excellent digital images under certain conditions, in addition to still making great images on film.

Gary

B L

BL - I personally think this and similar "enthusiastic experiment(s)" is very enjoyable and a great way to give a new life/use to older cameras and lenses, many of which can produce excellent digital images under certain conditions, in addition to still making great images on film.

Gary
Thanks Gary,
I had been using "low cost" or now "low value" backs on 503CX which I still do,but for sometimes I have been trying to find ways to adapt Bronica (ETRS in this case) to do same. I started a thread a while ago and the response was not great I think purely beacuse it wasnt "worth it" as there are so many other alternatives already available.
You may have noticed that Bronica cameras and lenses are damn cheap. I am not advisnig anybody to start from scratch but if you own any V fit backs and also any Bronica gear then next thing to look for is an adapter plate. I learnt that Capture Group also made such plates but I coulnt see anywhere as available. Silvestry is the only company still makes plates fot Bronica range-ETRS,SQ and GS series of cameras.
The cost of the plate is more than ETRS,50mm,75mm,150mm,speed grip and AEII finder! Its possible but not economical and my approach is purely enthusiasm and not compare the results with anything modern. Sofar I am enjoying! :)
Regards.

B L

ETRS, Zenzanon 40mm, P21. Location Bradford. Point and shoot shots. Thanks for viewing.

ETRS1.jpgAlhamra.jpg