The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Who needs more than 6 MP?

Shashin

And yet you told us about all your different typewriters.
That makes no sense. The point is that the viewer does not care about the equipment the image was made with, but simply the inherent quality of that image. The artist/photographer still needs to make a compelling image. The choice of camera will influence that, even in practical ways--there are somethings I can get with my point and shoot that I can't get with my medium-format DSLR. But the viewer cares nothing about that choice, especially if the only notable aspect is the technical specifications.

No one is saying the camera does not matter. What is being expressed is there is more to making successful images than technical specifications. While my cameras, an X Pro2, XF10, and Pentax 645D, all have different technical specifications, it is what I do with them that counts more in the final analysis. The typewriter does not matter to the viewer.

rayyan

And yet you told us about all your different typewriters.
Screw typewriters...Pens and pencils.

I dabbled in calligraphy ( no Virginia, you can’t do that with the typewriters I once had ).
So I bought different pens...variety of them. I bought different nibs. I looked at Japanese calligraphy. I bought Japanese nibs of various sizes. I bought ink pots.

I have a most beautiful pen with a hand crafted nib ( no you don’t find it at Best Buy ).

I had to fill a form. No, they said I can’t complete it with my pen. Pencil? No.

They asked it to be filled with a ball point pen.

So I bought a ball point pen.

No, they said. Blue ball point.

Can I do it on a typewriter, I asked.

No!

Apple Pencil?

Do you understand ‘ English ‘?

Yes.

Then why did you fill it in Arabic?

Coz sweetheart, I understand English. I can’t think in English when using ball pens!

So I have a collection of pens, nibs, pencils and ball pens.

Each one had and has a role.

Just as my cameras and lenses.

Norm N

How fine the grain , do we need? Ah well.... thanks Pegelli.

Big Bend 10D-2.jpg

The bend in Big Bend. Fraturing the mighty Rio Grande.

Canon 10D

Shashin

4MP pixel SOOC jpegs.

From a Konica Minolta construction-site camera that was never sold in the US. Think big armored waterproof Dimage X.

Oren Grad

From a Konica Minolta construction-site camera that was never sold in the US. Think big armored waterproof Dimage X.
One of the "gembakantoku" series, no? I think Ricoh still offers a rugged-cam.

But it renders those flowers beautifully, and the dog is fun too!