Site Sponsors

Thread: The successor to my E-1 is...

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The successor to my E-1 is...

... not here yet, but.

Since the dramatic demise of my beloved E-1 (motorbike accident), I've been hoping for a pro-spec camera around the same size or smaller, and with all the modern features like in-body IS, weather sealing etc. A silent shutter was high on the list too, but I didn't have high hopes for that.

Apparently, Pentax listens to my dreams. An excuse to buy some of the excellent Pentax Limited primes has also been on my "wanted" list. The K-7 has all this and more:

- In-body IS
    - Magnesium body
    - Weather sealing
    - The size of an E-620 plus a real grip
    - 100% viewfinder
    - 920,000 pixel LCD
    - Top LCD
    - Silent shutter
    - DNG

... and the list continues. This is a serious, little piece of camera

I'm keeping my Fujis and the best F-mount lenses, but my camera bin is due for a serious spring-cleaning to make room for my new plan "A":

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: The successor to my E-1 is...

The Online Photographer (TOP) has just written a first cut article on this very small, lightweight, and apparently capable camera. It is not only much smaller than competitors like the 5DII and the D700 but even smaller that the last Pentax leader, the K20D. Pentax is famous for their super primes so this combination could be a real winner. the link to TOP is http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...log_index.html

Woody

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I read the article, Woody. Very inspiring.

This makes me wonder what Olympus is thinking, like in why the E-3 is so big, and why the E-620 didn't get the full treatment.

Of course, we don't know what the new version of the 14MP sensor can do yet, but if they have improved DR and high-ISO just a tiny bit, I'm happy.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I played with the new Oly last weekend at B&H. Couldn't figure out how to hold it and not hit buttons. Felt like my G1 was easier to deal with. Could just be me as others seem to really like it. So, this does look quite interesting for prime shooters wanting a small body. I haven't read up on the camera but can you explainthe silent shutter bit. I thought the louder part of the noise wasn't shutter but the mirror up/down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    I haven't read up on the camera but can you explainthe silent shutter bit. I thought the louder part of the noise wasn't shutter but the mirror up/down.
    No, I can't explain it, and I agree that the mirror is usually making the most sound, but several testers have commented on it, including TOP. There's also a video that demonstrates it, compared to the K20D. It's in Spanish, but the shutter test is somewhere around half time:

http://www.quesabesde.com/camaras-di...,4324.html#346
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 20th May 2009 at 15:54.

Subscriber Member Jonathon Delacour's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I too was very happy to read Mike Johnston's article about the new K-7 this morning. It's great to see that Pentax are still in the game after all the gloomy predictions concerning the Hoya merger/takeover.

I've been thinking seriously about getting an Olympus E-620 or a Nikon D5000 as an always-with-me camera but am not sure that I could live with the pentamirror viewfinders on those cameras.

The K-7 together with a 31/1.8 Limited lens might be a nice combination, albeit heavier than an E-620 + 25/2.8 pancake. Plus the aperture and focusing rings on the Pentax lenses turn in the same direction as the Nikon lenses I'm used to.

Does anyone know when the K-7 is slated to ship?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Delacour View Post

Does anyone know when the K-7 is slated to ship?
    July

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the size comparisons. This could be a very nice body to use some adapted Leica R lenses on...in body IS, a decent viewfinder...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooooooooh <blink>

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Oooooooooh <blink>
    You can say that again. With two bodies and lots of traveling, this is a very easy choice for me. In addition, Pentax' lenses are relatively compact as well, and except for T/S and very long telephoto, all bases are covered. For tele, there's always Sigma. On a Pentax body, the excellent 100-300 f/4 gets IS, and so does the 120-300 f/2.8

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    Check out the size comparisons.
    I was able to guess most but not all of the cameras that were being compared to the K-7. The original Flickr page has tooltips identifying each camera.

To be honest, I was amazed to see the size difference between the D300 and the D700. I have both cameras and, although the D700 is obviously heavier than the D300, I'd never noticed that the D700 is so much (9mm) taller.

Sorry Lili, I had almost been seduced by the E-620, but now I'm not at all sure I can resist the siren call of the K-7. Unless Olympus announces something irresistible on June 15...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Jorgen, this body, along with the superb lineup of prime lenses makes Pentax very attractive indeed!
    Jonathon, the 620 is still roughly half the price
    Having said that you do realize I have two Oly Bodies (e410 and e510) and two K100 (regular and super)?
    Yes, my name is Lili and I have a Camera Problem.....
    Seriously the K7 is (esp with the 100% FOV OVF not to mention all the other features) is a game changer.
    Pentax just Stepped Up

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You are very right, Lili. For me, the K7 sent Olympus a long way down the list. The E-620 was impressive when it was launched, with most of the features from the E-30. But the K7, which is only marginally larger than the E-620, has all of the features of the E-30 and the E-3, except the twisted LCD.

And then there's the Pentax primes...

If I buy it with the 77mm Limited, I'll probably forget to use other lenses for months

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Looks great Jorgen - I can see why you want one.
    Me? I don't think so, the weather sealing is attractive, but it isn't on many lenses (including those nice primes), and whilst it's nearly as small as the E620 (which I don't want either by the way), it does weigh half as much again.

Added to which, although the Pentax primes are fab, the zooms don't have such a good reputation, and for a mid range camera I do like zooms (when I'm travelling light). If I'm not travelling light, I'll stick with my lovely A900 and Zeiss lenses.

Still, I'm just going to buy the perfect Olympus m4/3 body, which will solve all my 'travelling light' problems - It'll be perfect until they announce the specs!

Don't get me wrong - this looks like a splendid camera, and if I was wondering whether to buy it, or the E3 for my main camera, I wouldn't have to think for long!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Jono,
    Yes, it's a dilemma, and as you say, the zooms are the weak points, particularly the 16-50 f/2.8, which would be the obvious walk-around lens on a rainy day. The 50-135 and 12-24 are both good enough. The jury is still out on the 60-250, but since they've worked on it for so long, they've hopefully achieved something It very much looks like the equivalent of the Zuiko 50-200.

It has always puzzled me why Pentax, that makes some of the best primes available anywhere, has to go to Tokina to find zooms, but then there are many things I don't understand in this world

Some of their primes, the 55/1.4, 200/2.8 and 300/4.0, are weather sealed. Although expensive, the 55mm would probably be an obvious lens to buy. There have been critical voices, but mostly because people have compared it to the legendary 85mm f/1.4. Pentax also has one rather unique lens: a 14mm f/2.8 designed for the APS-C format. There are other 14mm/2.8 lenses around, but since they are designed for 35mm, they are bulky and expensive, and they cannot use filters.

The most important thing for me though, is portability with pro spec gear. I'm traveling a lot, and I have to take all my gear as carry-on luggage on airplanes. Airlines, particularly the low-cost ones, are increasingly strict with all kinds of things, and it's only a question of time before some check-in staff with a bad-hair-day will ask to check the weight of my camera bag One or two kilos can make a lot of difference in a situation like that, as can a bag that doesn't look like it's about to burst.

Olympus should have been the alternative, but unfortunately it isn't, at least not at the moment. It looks very nice as long as we stick with the zooms. 11-22 or 12-60 plus 50-200 would cover most areas for me, but except for the 50mm f/2.0, there are no primes, or at least none that satisfy my needs. Add to that the top-of-the line bodies, E-3 and E-30, that for some reason are bigger than the K-7. Much, much bigger.

30 or so years ago, I always had discussions with my Pentax friends about who made the best compact sized body. I still think it was Olympus then, and it even was Olympus when they launched the E-1. Unfortunately for Olympus, the K-7 is what the E-3 should have been. The E-3 is a great camera, but it's.... BIG.

Oh well... the K-7 isn't out until July, and here in Thailand, it may last another month or two. In the meantime, I'll stick with what I have, and who knows; maybe the camera fairy appears on the July evening sky with yet another sensation from Olympus or from Fuji or from Lofoten Sildesalgslag. You never know these days

Edit: Interesting new avatar you've got now, Jono. Colour and all, but you seem to be much thinner than before. Are you sure you get enough food
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 21st May 2009 at 17:30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Another little detail:
    I just bought a tiny, little laptop computer, an Acer Something, with a 10" monitor and a 120GB HDD. It's just one kilogram, and I carry it everywhere, using it to back up my photos when I'm on the go. How is this relevant to Pentax, you may ask...

It's relevant because the little wonder, which runs Windows Xp and Photoshop, has a slot on the side for SD cards. When I pop the cards from my D80 in there, the images are transferred to the HDD within a few minutes. However, when I connect a card reader for CF cards from my Fuji, the process takes ages, not to mention the fact that I have to remember to bring the card reader in the first place.

Pentax is the only camera manufacturer that has chosen to use SD cards in this class of cameras, and I think that's a very wise decision. It's a more modern concept than the CF cards, and with capacities now reaching 32GB and more, CF looks to me like the dinosaur of tomorrow.

I chose the little Acer over the smaller backup units because of the price (it's considerably cheaper than the Epson thingy), and because it gives me the possibility to review, edit and email photos when I'm out and about. I also carry a WD 2.5" 320GB backup disk, so that I have two copies of the files, and can re-use the cards if necessary.

nei1

If the pentax is quiet it could be that theyve whipped the carpet from beneath olympuses feet,looks like a digital om1 to me.The E3 looks to have room for a square sensor which might save it from the scrap heap of camera history.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It looks like a damn nice camera and it's making me look at my Olympus camera twice. Maybe I should sell off my Oly lenses and look back at the small and light camera market in a year or two when I really need one again.
    Charles - flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Jorgen,
    I do the same with my little Asus EEE PC except while traveling I upload directly to my flickr account. That way my images are stored on a server online.
    I am still not dropping my Oly as they have the small size market totally cornered (my e410 with the pancake lens) and they have a very good and affordable extreme tele zoom (my 70-300mm-140-600mm-e).
    Still, the ability to use, with IS and a huge viefinder, my exquisite film Pentax glass just rocks my world!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Another little detail:
    I just bought a tiny, little laptop computer, an Acer Something, with a 10" monitor and a 120GB HDD. It's just one kilogram, and I carry it everywhere, using it to back up my photos when I'm on the go. How is this relevant to Pentax, you may ask...

It's relevant because the little wonder, which runs Windows Xp and Photoshop, has a slot on the side for SD cards. When I pop the cards from my D80 in there, the images are transferred to the HDD within a few minutes. However, when I connect a card reader for CF cards from my Fuji, the process takes ages, not to mention the fact that I have to remember to bring the card reader in the first place.

Pentax is the only camera manufacturer that has chosen to use SD cards in this class of cameras, and I think that's a very wise decision. It's a more modern concept than the CF cards, and with capacities now reaching 32GB and more, CF looks to me like the dinosaur of tomorrow.

I chose the little Acer over the smaller backup units because of the price (it's considerably cheaper than the Epson thingy), and because it gives me the possibility to review, edit and email photos when I'm out and about. I also carry a WD 2.5" 320GB backup disk, so that I have two copies of the files, and can re-use the cards if necessary.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Edit: Interesting new avatar you've got now, Jono. Colour and all, but you seem to be much thinner than before. Are you sure you get enough food
    Thank you Jorgen . . . I've always been thin (although, since I gave up smoking 3 years ago I've had to put a little effort to stay there)

I suddenly realised that the old avatar was even making ME think I was a grumpy old man (which, of course, as you know, I'm not ). So I thought I go for something a little more triumphant.

I've been looking at the specs of those lenses - they're all really small and light, I'm impressed.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    I've been looking at the specs of those lenses - they're all really small and light, I'm impressed.
    Just for fun, I did some mathematics in the morning (calculations include one battery):

K-7 + 21/3.2 + 40/2.8 + 70/2.4 (all pancake Limiteds) = 1,114g

The 21mm is the weakest of these, the other two are very, very sharp and the 70 even have a nice bokeh, and they are tiny.

K-7 + 15/4.0 + 35/2.8 macro + 70/2.4 (all Limiteds) = 1,311g

This is a very nice package, and should cover most bases for light travelling.

K-7 + 15/4 + 31/1.8 + 77/1.8 (all Limiteds, 31 and 77 are full frame) = 1,581g

The 31 and 77 are some of the best lenses made by anyone, the 31 as a general purpose lens and the 77 for portraits.

All the lenses listed are metal and have very smooth manual focusing. They are more expensive than your average plastic-fantastic at $325 (40/2.8) to 900 (31/1.8), but cheaper than Zeiss and much cheaper than Leica. The only Limited lens not mentioned here, is the full frame, 155g 43mm f/1.9. I believe that was the first one launched, but I would prefer the 40/2.8 which is smaller, or the 35/2.8 which is a macro.

None of these lenses are weather sealed, unfortunately, but the new 55mm f/1.4 is, and it's not that heavy either, at 375g. It's bigger though (The lens shown on the camera in the first posting).

Now, do the same calculation for any other camera. Only top quality primes allowed
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 22nd May 2009 at 16:39.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Now, do the same calculation for any other camera. Only top quality primes allowed
    OK, I'll play! Like your K-7 numbers, the camera weight includes a battery.

Nikon D90 + Voigtlander SL II lenses

D90 + 20/3.5 + 40/2 + 58/1.4 = 1,428g

K-7 + 21/3.2 + 40/2.8 + 55/1.4 = 1,355g

I'd suggest that these systems are roughly comparable: with the Voigtlander 20mm outclassing the Pentax 20mm and the K-7 clearly superior to the D90. However, not only does the Pentax combo weigh slightly less, the Pentax primes are auto-focus whereas the Voigtlander lenses focus manually. Even the fact that I already own the 40mm and 58mm SL II lenses doesn't diminish the appeal of the K-7.

As nei1 said, the K-7 looks like a digital OM-1. Assuming the actual camera matches the specifications, it sure looks like a game-changer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

OK, I'll play! Like your K-7 numbers, the camera weight includes a battery.

Nikon D90 + Voigtlander SL II lenses

D90 + 20/3.5 + 40/2 + 58/1.4 = 1,428g

K-7 + 21/3.2 + 40/2.8 + 55/1.4 = 1,355g

I'd suggest that these systems are roughly comparable: with the Voigtlander 20mm outclassing the Pentax 20mm and the K-7 clearly superior to the D90. However, not only does the Pentax combo weigh slightly less, the Pentax primes are auto-focus whereas the Voigtlander lenses focus manually. Even the fact that I already own the 40mm and 58mm SL II lenses doesn't diminish the appeal of the K-7.

As nei1 said, the K-7 looks like a digital OM-1. Assuming the actual camera matches the specifications, it sure looks like a game-changer.
    You also have to add the fact that neither Nikon, nor anybody else, have anything that matches the 70/2.4 and/or the 77/1.8 (except Leica, but that's manual focus and a "somewhat" different price). The combination of size, build quality and optical quality of those two lenses have tempted me many times to buy a Pentax. Now, finally, they have a body that seems to match the optics

Edit: the Voigtländers, and the Zeiss lenses, are also available in KA-mount, which ads image stabilization to them as well

After doing some reading, also the 60-250 seems to be an outstanding lens. The only one that seems to match it for size, quality and reach seems to be the Zuiko 50-200. It's still early days for that lens though, so I would like to see some more photos.
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 22nd May 2009 at 23:02.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

All interesting stuff, and I'd forgotten that the Zeiss and Voigtlander lenses come with Pentax mount (and chipped as well)

I find it all terribly attractive, but for me there are three issues:

1. when I'm travelling I like to use good small zooms, because I'm not usually alone, and getting people to hang around when changing lenses isn't that great (it adds a tension which affects the picture I think)
    2. I do already have those expensive Leica lenses and an M8 for a small light kit if I'm willing to use primes
    3. If I want the very best IQ, then I'll take the A900 with the Zeiss lenses (no longer small and light, but I think I'd bet on the IQ over the Pentax - of course, I could be proved wrong).

As far as the zooms go, for travel purposes my favorite is still the Zuiko 12-60, and I still think that the 'back to the beginning' approach has, for Olympus, produced a number of excellent lenses without the sort compromises found with everyone else.

The big mystery is why Olympus don't produce a very small weathersealed, pro-quality body. We know they can, because the gubbins inside the E620 would do the job perfectly . . . in a different box.

The other mystery is how Pentax can make fab viewfinders without a huge prism on the top? Very clever.

So, for me, I want the new Pentax and those lovely primes, but it doesn't really make much sense unless I sell the Leica gear first . . . . .

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The big mystery is why Olympus don't produce a very small weathersealed, pro-quality body. We know they can, because the gubbins inside the E620 would do the job perfectly . . . in a different box.

The other mystery is how Pentax can make fab viewfinders without a huge prism on the top? Very clever.

So, for me, I want the new Pentax and those lovely primes, but it doesn't really make much sense unless I sell the Leica gear first . . . . .
    Jono, when I was writing my last post I was about to ask the same question. Why haven't Olympus, who created the classic "tiny SLR" in the OM series, attempted to do the same thing in digital? The only reason I could come up with is that telecentricity precluded it so I didn't ask the question. But, on reflection, that doesn't make any sense at all. Even with telecentric lenses, it should still have been possible for them to design a much smaller E-3. And, in any case, what's with the Olympus obsession with zoom lenses? Or, why have they so resolutely neglected primes?

When I was trying to decide upon my first DSLR, the choices were the Nikon D300, the Pentax K-20, and the Olympus E-3. I eliminated the E-3 because it was the same size as the D300, with inferior autofocus, a smaller sensor, and no path to full-frame. The magnificent Olympus zooms were of no interest to me since I don't care for zoom lenses. I eliminated the K-20 because, despite the availabilty of the Zeiss and Voigtlander primes in ZK mount, again the Pentax auto-focus was inferior to Nikon's and I was concerned about the long-term viability of the Pentax brand. Now it seems ironic that I placed so much importance on auto-focus given that I mostly use manual-focus lenses.

How can Pentax make fab viewfinders without a huge prism on the top? I've wondered about this ever since I handled a friend's *ist DS2. I'd only ever looked through the tunnel-like pentamirror viewfinders of the Canikon equivalents and it amazed me that Pentax could offer such a marvelous pentaprism viewfinder at a comparable price.

And, as much as you "want the new Pentax and those lovely primes", surely it doesn't make any sense at all to sell the Leica gear. Wouldn't you be better off selling the Olympus kit? Sorry! I momentarily forgot you were a zoom guy.

To be honest, until recently I'd always assumed that I could do everything I needed with a single (Nikon) system. But suddenly I seem to have succumbed to the GetDPI "multiple systems are fine (if not essential)" Zeitgeist. Now I just need to convince myself that a K-7 + 31/1.8 + 77/1.8 kit will suffice.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

And, as much as you "want the new Pentax and those lovely primes", surely it doesn't make any sense at all to sell the Leica gear. Wouldn't you be better off selling the Olympus kit? Sorry! I momentarily forgot you were a zoom guy.

To be honest, until recently I'd always assumed that I could do everything I needed with a single (Nikon) system. But suddenly I seem to have succumbed to the GetDPI "multiple systems are fine (if not essential)" Zeitgeist. Now I just need to convince myself that a K-7 + 31/1.8 + 77/1.8 kit will suffice.
    Hi Jonathon
    Well - there are still things I like about the Olympus gear apart from the zooms:
    1. I can go out when it's going to rain without a bag
    2. I really do like the colour

but the truth is that it's the good small zooms, which, IMHO nobody else makes. I'm not JUST a zoom guy - hence the leica kit and some primes with the A900. But if I'm travelling I don't like to change lenses. (as I said).

I don't really believe 'good small zooms' and 'full frame' will ever be spoken together, so that inevitably means two systems.

To be honest, my big hope for a light travel kit is the Olympus m4/3 camera - I can use my Leica lenses for low light (I know that works after having a G1) and I've got the nice Olympus zooms to go with it.

But I still want that pentax kit
    I just can't see what I'd use it for!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

All interesting stuff, and I'd forgotten that the Zeiss and Voigtlander lenses come with Pentax mount (and chipped as well)

I find it all terribly attractive, but for me there are three issues:

1. when I'm travelling I like to use good small zooms, because I'm not usually alone, and getting people to hang around when changing lenses isn't that great (it adds a tension which affects the picture I think)
    2. I do already have those expensive Leica lenses and an M8 for a small light kit if I'm willing to use primes
    3. If I want the very best IQ, then I'll take the A900 with the Zeiss lenses (no longer small and light, but I think I'd bet on the IQ over the Pentax - of course, I could be proved wrong).

As far as the zooms go, for travel purposes my favorite is still the Zuiko 12-60, and I still think that the 'back to the beginning' approach has, for Olympus, produced a number of excellent lenses without the sort compromises found with everyone else.

Hi Jono,
    Interesting points, and I agree, but my situation is different from yours:

1. I mostly prefer primes when I travel, but then I mostly travel alone. If I travel with someone, I use a wide angle lens, to get people as well as location in the frame. Any of the kits that I mention above will do it for me.

2. I don't own a Leica, and probably never will, except: see no. 3

3. I don't own a Sony either, but sooner or later, I'll probably buy a Sony or Nikon full frame camera, for when I need the ultimate quality, unless somebody dumps a pile of money on my doorstep. Then I'll buy an S2

I guess we're all puzzled by Olympus. As good as their cameras are, they should easily have been able to make something like the K-7, as well as some stellar primes. They've had a 100mm macro on their road-map for years, a lens that should be easy for them to make, Just look at the OM Zuiko 90mm f/2.0, one of their best lenses ever. Why on earth hasn't the 4/3 version been launched?

The 11-22mm alone, a lens that I own, is probably reason enough for me to buy another Olympus, but as a complete compact system, Pentax has the upper hand right now, at least for me. The only really weak point I can see is their "normal" zoom, so I should have an E-620 with the 11-22 for that, right?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jonathon
    Well - there are still things I like about the Olympus gear apart from the zooms:
    1. I can go out when it's going to rain without a bag
    2. I really do like the colour

but the truth is that it's the good small zooms, which, IMHO nobody else makes. I'm not JUST a zoom guy - hence the leica kit and some primes with the A900. But if I'm travelling I don't like to change lenses. (as I said).

I don't really believe 'good small zooms' and 'full frame' will ever be spoken together, so that inevitably means two systems.

To be honest, my big hope for a light travel kit is the Olympus m4/3 camera - I can use my Leica lenses for low light (I know that works after having a G1) and I've got the nice Olympus zooms to go with it.

But I still want that pentax kit
    I just can't see what I'd use it for!
    Jono, the color and the tiny, excellent zooms are a big reason I adore (and will be keeping) my Oly's. Even the kit lenses are far far better than anyone else's counterparts. In the case of my e410 and e510, the bodies are as small as or smaller than the K7 so they make truly excellent travel carry rigs when maximum verstatility is a concern. If max IQ in the tiniest package is a worry, my 25mm Pancake ZUike basically lives on my tiny e410 (far smaller than the K7).
    However, I already have two Pentax DSLR's (K100D and K100D Super) plus several primes. So multiple systems is not such a shock to me. This also means I can afford to wait and see until the dust (and prices) settle a bit.
    None of my systems have all the features of the K7 nor do they have that 100% ovf, but they are all still very useable.
    But, I want the K7

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    But, I want the K7
    Ah - this, I think, is the point we can ALL agree on!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

+1

Woody

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

RD-1s, CV 35/1.2
    A Glass of Iced Tea

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by johnastovall View Post
    RD-1s, CV 35/1.2
    A Glass of Iced Tea
    Damn - and there was me thinking it was Pimms!

Just this guy you know

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You would be hard press to find a Pimms in Hico, Texas, Koffee Kup Cafe. I'm not sure you could find one in all of Bosque county....

I just realize I post this all in the wrong thread...

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by johnastovall View Post
    I just realize I post this all in the wrong thread...
    Why? Isn't that guy waiting for his K-7 to arrive?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Why? Isn't that guy waiting for his K-7 to arrive?
    From the expression on his face I suspect he's wondering whether he should have ordered the 77/1.8 instead of the 70/2.4...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

From the expression on his face I suspect he's wondering whether he should have ordered the 77/1.8 instead of the 70/2.4...
    The only way around that question is to order both

Post Thanks / Like

... still waiting for an Oly cam with DR of 14 !!!!