The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

film photography - "Self Portrait On Walk"

Godfrey

Contax Tix - Kodak Advantix B&W 400 film
scanned with Nikon LS-40 - processed in Lightroom
flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/3578924004/

Took this one while on my morning walk a couple of days ago enjoying the rediscovery of my Contax Tix camera. It's a cool little camera, I'd forgotten how nice it was. I'm feeling like I should consume the 60-70 rolls of APS film I have in the freezer before all the processing machines for it are shut down ... but scanning, even highly automated scanning with APS film, takes an eternity!

Comments always appreciated. Don't worry about insulting the subject... ;-)

O

Oxide Blu

I like it -- I like it alot! You did an excellent job of avoiding the bald spot -- it looks so natural. :ROTFL:

Ok, I don't know anything about a bald spot, but I really do like your self portrait alot. :thumbs:

The last time I was in Calif I left the dSLR (Nikon D2Xs) there. I'm now shooting 35mm film and compact digital. Yes, start firing away with that APS film while you can.