The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic Digital Video Camera NV-GS57GC and SD card error

Z

zillah

Hi

I knew that this question was answered in many other forums including this one, but I could not find something related to my issue.

Recently I bought microSD HC 8 GB with its SD adapter to use it with Panasonic Digital Video Camera model : NV-GS57GC, when i inserted the card I received card error message.

But when I used (testing purpose) the SD adapter above on my Samsung Camera it works.

And when I read the manual for Panasonic model : NV-GS57GC it says :
Do not format the card with another movie camera or any personal computer. This operation may make the card unusable
Panasonic option for formatting under "Card PlayBack Mode" , Menu >> Set [ADVANCED] >> [FORMAT CARD] >> [YES].

But still it gives me error message

If SD card did work on Smasung and did not work on Panasonic ,Wouldn’t that indicate there is no problem with SD card memory itself ?

Thanks