The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

early montana snow, october 2008

Irenaeus

Warning — first photos posted — Helen made me do it!

We'd had a lovely midweek, Indian Summery lunch in the first picture; five days later we were snowed in for the only time last year! I did try to post these right away, but "so many learning curves, so little time...."

The restaurant & the somewhat symmetrical snow scene were taken with an Epson RD1, the other two with a Panasonic LC1.

Cheers,

Irenaeus of the Right Brain

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I like the second one a lot -- nice tonality and composition. The one shot through the screen (?) is somewhat bothersome...

fotografz

Geeze, basically a pretty crap summer this year, and you post Winter shots. How depressing.:(

I agree with jack, nice one on that second shot. :thumbup:

helenhill

The middle one /top row is my FAV

Quite Inviting...Love the Lure of the Distance in the Pathway and the snow hanging off the window top
THANX for Cooling off my Day

Now You must Post in the analog Thread 'Other than an M'
some new pixs w/ the zeiss Glass....:D

Irenaeus

Thanks, Jack and Helen and fotografz, for your comments — it's very encouraging! That view out the main window is what I remember first about that day, so I'm pleased that you like it, too.

Thanks, too, for your honesty regarding the picture through the screen, Jack. I made the image in the first place because I wanted to see what it would look like; it still interests me and I continue to wonder if I could springboard some sort of series from it. You'd, perhaps, suggest, NO, and I'm actually not working on that particular idea at the time. I value your opinions, though, and will let you know if I come up with anything at all.

My apologies, fotografz, for my gross insensitivity to your climatic conditions and your associated unhappiness. (My family once lived in the mountains in the winter and went for over a month without seeing the sun at all, which was quite depressing for us, too!) Here are a few sunny side pics to cheer you up! They're from a walk in the Beartooth Range here in Montana and were taken with a little Sony T1 (not a Contax, Helen, but with optics, at least, designed by Zeiss.) The photos are just jpegs straight from the camera, but it was a nice walk and I hope you'll enjoy sharing it.

All the best,

Irenaeus of the Right Brain