Site Sponsors

Thread: Pentax Limited edition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pentax Limited edition.

No doubt noticing the success of limited edition cameras such as Leica's M9-Titanium, Pentax has announced a limited edition of its K series cameras. The K-r will be issued in a limited edition of 100 units.

You can read more about it here http://www.camera-pentax.jp/k-r/news/20101203.html
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Pentax Limited edition.

What are they thinking

Waste of R&D in my opinion.

I'll take one for my 10 year old.... I'll bet is for Japan Only

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by M5-Guy View Post
    Waste of R&D in my opinion.
    How much R&D is involved in a camera like that . . . . it might be a waste of marketing - but if they sell 'em, then there's more money for R&D
    after all . . . . you're not forced to buy one!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    How much R&D is involved in a camera like that . . . . it might be a waste of marketing - but if they sell 'em, then there's more money for R&D
    after all . . . . you're not forced to buy one!
    I did put a in my response....
    I did say I'd buy one...
    But, I'll bet it is a Japan Only market. They did this before with the many color chooses of the K-x, only red was available in the US. But, Later, they had a web-site that offered other combo's I believe.

BTW, what is that thing in the hot shoe? I got it, Look at the Pentax Man on top of the camera and smile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have seen multi-colored Pentax cameras at the Yodobashi store in Yokohama for the last several years. All that is really new is the graphics and the hot-shoe guy.
    That is the innovative bit
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ack, iPhone deleted my message. It's based if a toy(?) called the 'kore janai robo'. Robo stands for robo of course. 'kore janai' means 'it is not this'. Ok, it's bad grammar, but that's how they translate on the products and it gets the meaning across. Japanese humor is strange. I'm not familiar with it, but I guess it's popular enough for a limited edition camera. The colors are based on the original figure, but looks like they have many versions out now.

I've seen a lot of people buying the Pentax cameras here just because of colors. Two if my good friends have them. A monsterous green one and a purple and pink model. Probably their fault I was seriously considering a pink GF1 for a minute.

If I see one of these in the wild I'll be sure to grab a photo.

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    No doubt noticing the success of limited edition cameras such as Leica's M9-Titanium, Pentax has announced a limited edition of its K series cameras. The K-r will be issued in a limited edition of 100 units.

You can read more about it here http://www.camera-pentax.jp/k-r/news/20101203.html
    -bob
    Charles - flickr

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The "BOZO" edition ... comes in "Jack In The Box" packaging ... turn the crank handle and the camera pops up and takes a snap of the surprised onlookers Accessories include a big red nose and green hair.

Where do I get one? I want it to shoot kids portraits instead of aiming my Darth Vader "Death Star" edition DSLR at them ...

-Marc

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by M5-Guy View Post
    I did put a in my response....
    I did say I'd buy one...
    oops - sorry - losing my sense of humour after recent other 'special editions'

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    The "BOZO" edition ... comes in "Jack In The Box" packaging ... turn the crank handle and the camera pops up and takes a snap of the surprised onlookers Accessories include a big red nose and green hair.

Where do I get one? I want it to shoot kids portraits instead of aiming my Darth Vader "Death Star" edition DSLR at them ...

-Marc
    I hadn't thought of that - I want one too

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Magritte

Quote Originally Posted by cjlacz View Post
    It's based if a toy(?) called the 'kore janai robo'. Robo stands for robo of course. 'kore janai' means 'it is not this'. Ok, it's bad grammar, but that's how they translate on the products and it gets the meaning across. Japanese humor is strange.
    Magritte would have depicted it well of course ...

Maybe this line of colourful cameras isn't such a wild idea these days; less chance of getting nabbed for taking pictures in public, as it surely can't be a "serious" one according to the resident rentacop nearest to you.