Re: Fun with the Pentax K5

Jono
    Whats a 15-60?
    Torn between the 18-135, and 16-50, although i hate zooms, LOL
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Jono

Please stop it. Makes me long for being on hols ...

You have the Sigma wide? How is it? I am trying to decide between 12-24mm (big ish), 21mm, 15mm, or just stick with what I get from 18-135. The Sigma was also suggested to me recently.

Nice chickens!

Lee

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ecsh View Post
    Jono
    Whats a 15-60?
    Torn between the 18-135, and 16-50, although i hate zooms, LOL
    Joe
    Hi Joe
    It's a typo . . . it's the 16-50.
    If you hate zooms, then why buy one? but if you are going to buy one, why not the 18-135, it's pretty functional, covers a bigger range and is much smaller.

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphie View Post
    Jono

Please stop it. Makes me long for being on hols ...

You have the Sigma wide? How is it? I am trying to decide between 12-24mm (big ish), 21mm, 15mm, or just stick with what I get from 18-135. The Sigma was also suggested to me recently.

Nice chickens!

Lee
    Sorry Lee . . . .
    but if it's any consolation I'm definitely not on hols - we did have the weekend, but Emma is dealing with stuff at the house, and I'm working full time on support and helpdesk during working hours . . . does that make you feel better?

I've had several of the Sigma ultra-wides, they always seem good. I haven't used this one enough to be sure, but it seems fine - certainly better than my copy of the 15 DA at 15. I remember reading somewhere that if you make a ultra-wide, then you don't sacrifice any quality by making it into a 2 times zoom. It's not that big, it focuses fast and quietly (and close). It's also f3.5 through the full range (FWIW).

Glad you like the chickens . . . that house is in Treen - must be worth a bob or two.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    here are a few more snaps from our trip to Cornwall:
    Hi Jono, I'm down at the Lizard guinea pig sitting for a few days next week, hope we get good weather. First time to Cornwall this year.
    Devon has been good and I saw grass snake, adder and several lizards basking in the middle of March.
    This Pentax thing is starting to attract me as retirement looms (I'm actually almost retired now as far as commercial work goes). I only have a D700 and a 24-120 left, for portraits, plus flashguns and controller. I got a GH2 thinking I'd have a go at video but have changed my mind. So I may shift that lot for a Pentax and a couple of lenses, currently thinking 12-24 f4 and 50-135 f2.8. The small primes are also attractive. The standard zoom your using seems pretty good too.
    Where in Cornwall were the beach shots? Presume North or South of Brane
    Best wishes
    Dave (the cat smuggler)
    Last edited by DavidL; 1st July 2011 at 13:06.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Dave Hi!
    Great to hear from you - I'm sorry we'll pass like ships in the night - we're off home again on Saturday - guinea pig sitting sounds very exciting - I hope they have a good store of them, as I doubt they withstand sitting for too long. . . . . .Emma wants wildlife pictures of guinea pigs please!

I got a lizard shot the day before yesterday, and Emma saw a grass snake on the fen just before we left.

The 50-135 seems to be a very reliable and popular lens - I went for the 60-250 f4 instead, and that's good as well. Don't know the 12-24, but it does have good press.

The beach shots are at Pedn Vounder (Logan's rock) There's something really exquisite having a beach like that to oneself.

My retirement retires further and further into the future every month - I'm aiming at June 2021, but I doubt I'll manage it!

All the very very best

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Hi Jono, I'm down at the Lizard guinea pig sitting for a few days next week, hope we get good weather. First time to Cornwall this year.
    Devon has been good and I saw grass snake, adder and several lizards basking in the middle of March.
    This Pentax thing is starting to attract me as retirement looms (I'm actually almost retired now as far as commercial work goes). I only have a D700 and a 24-120 left, for portraits, plus flashguns and controller. I got a GH2 thinking I'd have a go at video but have changed my mind. So I may shift that lot for a Pentax and a couple of lenses, currently thinking 12-24 f4 and 50-135 f2.8. The small primes are also attractive. The standard zoom your using seems pretty good too.
    Where in Cornwall were the beach shots? Presume North or South of Brane
    Best wishes
    Dave (the cat smuggler)

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Have been slack on photos (i.e. hard at work in the real world) recently, hope to have more to post soon! All taken with the K5 and 135 mm f/2.5 SMC (original K mount lens), which is a truly stellar and unique lens, from what I can tell...has a lovely, vintage rendering...

Here are a few from today, around campus where I work:

Last edited by ashwinrao1; 5th April 2011 at 19:28.
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

looks like a beautiful lens! like the first one the most. great colors in all of them!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Mark!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree they're all outstanding but the bird shot is special.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have to decide before the end of the day tomorrow whether or not to return the K5. Love just about everything on the K5 -- except the size and weight!

So I'm afraid I won't carry it with me enough. Gulp! In an ideal world I would make the K-5 the same size and weight as the GH2 and with a swivel LCD. But this isn't an ideal world.

That being said, here are some pics. Most are with the Sigma 17-50. One with the FA43. Siggy is a pretty nice lens, except when it front focuses.

I must admit that with the whole front focus issue with the K5, I've scrutinized the focus of every photo I've taken with the K5 more than I have ever done with any other camera. And unfortunately, I am seeing more out of focus photos than normal. Not sure if it's the camera, lens, me, or just plain psychological games that I'm playing with myself.

Armanius
    My Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the gh-2 is the way to go for you, Armando. I am loving everything about the K5. I like rye weight and density...m9 like, and with the pancakes on, it's tiny. I haven't had much front focus, after the firmware upgrade.

Time to sell it off or return it, methinks...for e, an absolute keeper it is....
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like

@Armanius

understand you - really!

Had exactly the same focusing issues with my K5 and also I did not see the size advantage in combination with zooms. And while using primes - which most are very good - this does not come to the level of an M9 with Leica primes, but the M9 is generally smaller.

So finally I returned this camera. And am happy now with GH2 and E5 instead!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Armanius View Post
    I have to decide before the end of the day tomorrow whether or not to return the K5. Love just about everything on the K5 -- except the size and weight!

So I'm afraid I won't carry it with me enough. Gulp! In an ideal world I would make the K-5 the same size and weight as the GH2 and with a swivel LCD. But this isn't an ideal world.

That being said, here are some pics. Most are with the Sigma 17-50. One with the FA43. Siggy is a pretty nice lens, except when it front focuses.

I must admit that with the whole front focus issue with the K5, I've scrutinized the focus of every photo I've taken with the K5 more than I have ever done with any other camera. And unfortunately, I am seeing more out of focus photos than normal. Not sure if it's the camera, lens, me, or just plain psychological games that I'm playing with myself.

Whether you keep it or not you're certainly doing alright with the camera. I haven't been to Rudy's in forever... their slogan always made me laugh. The "worst" Bar-B-Q in Texas. Of course I haven't had too much bad Bar-B-Q in Texas although I can certainly tell when someone's cheating by trying to boil the meat before they smoke it. Years of having truly slow cooked meat I guess.

Back on topic though. The best camera is the one that's with you and if you already foresee the K5 being too large then just work with the GH2 sing. Size was one of my motivations for me dumping my Canon for a G1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    Whether you keep it or not you're certainly doing alright with the camera. I haven't been to Rudy's in forever... their slogan always made me laugh. The "worst" Bar-B-Q in Texas. Of course I haven't had too much bad Bar-B-Q in Texas although I can certainly tell when someone's cheating by trying to boil the meat before they smoke it. Years of having truly slow cooked meat I guess.

Back on topic though. The best camera is the one that's with you and if you already foresee the K5 being too large then just work with the GH2 sing. Size was one of my motivations for me dumping my Canon for a G1.
    Rudy's is my favorite BBQ joint. Love the "extra moist" brisket. I thought about posting a photo of the brisket, but I didn't want to gross out any veggans in this forum! You ought to go back soon. What part of TX are you in? I was thrilled when they finally opened a Rudy's in Houston. We now have two.
    Armanius
    My Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Sounds like the gh-2 is the way to go for you, Armando. I am loving everything about the K5. I like rye weight and density...m9 like, and with the pancakes on, it's tiny. I haven't had much front focus, after the firmware upgrade.

Time to sell it off or return it, methinks...for e, an absolute keeper it is....
    The off focus seems to happen even in daylight. But it doesn't seem to happen all the time. I believe the firmware upgrade was addressing the front focus that was supposedly happening all the time under tungsten light conditions.

As for the size, the M9 is actually lighter and more compact than the K5. Unless of course I put a Noctilux on the M9. Unfortunately, that's not something I have to worry about, because I don't have a Noct ...

The IQ of the K-5 is awesome though. ISO performance is easily one stop if not two better than the GH2. It's a matter of trying to figure out how the K-5 would fit in my camera lineup though, (which already probably has way too many overlap), and if the K-5 will get used enough.
    Armanius
    My Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    @Armanius

understand you - really!

Had exactly the same focusing issues with my K5 and also I did not see the size advantage in combination with zooms. And while using primes - which most are very good - this does not come to the level of an M9 with Leica primes, but the M9 is generally smaller.

So finally I returned this camera. And am happy now with GH2 and E5 instead!
    Thanks Peter! Love those landscape photos of yours!

I do believe the E5 is heavier (and definitely) bigger than the K5 though. Did you get the E5 before the K5? Love the ZD 12-60. It worked wonders on the E510/620 I used to have. So did the ZD 50/2. Now they are working wonders for my Dad!
    Armanius
    My Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy's is my favorite BBQ joint. Love the "extra moist" brisket. I thought about posting a photo of the brisket, but I didn't want to gross out any veggans in this forum! You ought to go back soon. What part of TX are you in? I was thrilled when they finally opened a Rudy's in Houston. We now have two.
    I'm from Houston originally but I live mostly in California (well for about another month anyway.) I'm switching coasts (again) for work. As for Rudy's there was one about 15 minutes from where I used to live in San Antonio off of 151 near Sea World. I think I remember going to one on I-45N in Houston too with my uncle. It's been a while though.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Peter! Love those landscape photos of yours!

I do believe the E5 is heavier (and definitely) bigger than the K5 though. Did you get the E5 before the K5? Love the ZD 12-60. It worked wonders on the E510/620 I used to have. So did the ZD 50/2. Now they are working wonders for my Dad!
    I actually bought the K5 first, was impressed by all the positive reviews here and it was my 1st Pentax DSLR. Unfortunately I could not get friend with it. Then I returned it and went for the GH2 which is now my always with me camera when I do business trips.

In parallel I was testing the E5 and was so much impressed by it's IQ and also it's handling that I returned all my Nikon gear (including D700) and jumped back on the E5 wagon. I currently use it with the 35-100 and 1.4TC and getting impressive results. I am still waiting for my 14-35 to arrive, should be there in 1 or 2 weeks - obviously the E5 has increased demand for these lenses

I am on the list to get the 2/50 and the 4/7-14 and several primes (Leica, Sigma). I am also using with big success some old OM lenses I managed to get cheaply.

Having great fun with the E5 so far, for sure 200% more than with my D700 or the A900 - but this is maybe only me

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I actually bought the K5 first, was impressed by all the positive reviews here and it was my 1st Pentax DSLR. Unfortunately I could not get friend with it. Then I returned it and went for the GH2 which is now my always with me camera when I do business trips.

In parallel I was testing the E5 and was so much impressed by it's IQ and also it's handling that I returned all my Nikon gear (including D700) and jumped back on the E5 wagon. I currently use it with the 35-100 and 1.4TC and getting impressive results. I am still waiting for my 14-35 to arrive, should be there in 1 or 2 weeks - obviously the E5 has increased demand for these lenses

I am on the list to get the 2/50 and the 4/7-14 and several primes (Leica, Sigma). I am also using with big success some old OM lenses I managed to get cheaply.

Having great fun with the E5 so far, for sure 200% more than with my D700 or the A900 - but this is maybe only me
    We may be hijacking this thread, but oh well. Your experience certainly speaks volumes for the E5, which has been much maligned in some other forums. The 14-35/2 is certainly to die for. Look forward to seeing your photos with it!
    Armanius
    My Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

The beach shots are at Pedn Vounder (Logan's rock) There's something really exquisite having a beach like that to oneself.

My retirement retires further and further into the future every month - I'm aiming at June 2021, but I doubt I'll manage it!
    Know what you mean about beaches, here's a couple of a Devon beach we go to a lot,Thought you'd like the "Tempest" one. Stitched G1 files
    So nice to be able to go to a beach, as a midlander it used to be a novelty. I just mess around snapping as it's so long since I've done pics for myself, with work slowing down it means I can just play like I did many many years ago. Well I didn't play digitally then

2021 Nooooooooooooooo! reverse the last two numbers and join me

Dave
    Last edited by DavidL; 27th February 2014 at 02:35.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to be off -topic.
    Peter, what I am interested in is what specificly you like better in the E5 vs the K5 and D700?
    I mean what points handling wise?
    WHich points IQ wise?
    Which points system wise?

And some specific questions:
    -How does the E5 viewfinder compare in size and brightness to the ones of the D700 and K5?
    -How do you feel about the DR of the E5 regarding dynamic range (I find it to be one of the not so strong points of m4/3 and thought the E5 sensor should have much in common?)
    -How do you feel does the AF compare to the K5 and D700?

I hear you like the E5 a lot but dont hear so much why and I am intersted in that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Armanius,

If you like the size of the GH2 better then it seems to be the camera for you. As for front focus I haven't seen this since I moved to the new firmware.

I am sure you will be happy with whatever choice you make. When I had a G1 I couldn't bond with it but I really like the feel of the K5.

Jim

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

We may be hijacking this thread, but oh well. Your experience certainly speaks volumes for the E5, which has been much maligned in some other forums. The 14-35/2 is certainly to die for. Look forward to seeing your photos with it!
    Hi There
    Sounds to me like the G2 suits you better . . . the E5 with the 14-35 is obviously a wonderful thing, but it weighs about the same as an A900 with the 24-70 Zeiss - certainly a different and larger beast than the K5, and if that's too big!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

After much more debatge in my head, I ended up keeping the K-5, and returning the DA21, FA43 and 100 WR for a FA35/2. I will likely get the 18-135 later as well.

DA21 was very nice for daylight use, but a bit slow for me indoors.

FA43 was too long for indoor use, although I love the IQ (as I do with the DA21).

100 WR was the toughest lens to part with. Love the IQ and build. But the AF was beginning to annoy me. Sounds like I'm in a dentist's office whenever the AF doesn't lock. Painful ...

Now I just need to keep on using the K-5 to make it worthwhile. Hopefully, the FA35 will be to my liking.
    Armanius
    My Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

A few shots from the playground today with K-5 and [email protected]/2.4:

-Amin Sabet

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, a suprising decision, Armando. I was expecting the K5 to be on the block. I am not a huge pixel peeper, and I have been very satisfied with my K5. Best of luck with the 35 mm f/2 FA lens. I have heard positives, and it gives you nearly a 50 mm Effective field of view. It's smaller than the 31 FA, which gives it an advantage there....You may want to check out the 77 FA, which has been my favorite lens on the K5 so far, but that's a very personal decision.

Best,
    Ashwin
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Amin, those are lovely!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Ashwin! Love the way you captured the students on campus using the 135 mm f/2.5 SMC. Lovely rendering also with that lens.
    -Amin Sabet

Post Thanks / Like

Armando, I really like the effect on that Seattle's Best shot. Is that one of the built in film simulations?
    -Amin Sabet

Post Thanks / Like

Jono, I love this one. Really makes me want to be there.

-Amin Sabet

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wow, a suprising decision, Armando. I was expecting the K5 to be on the block. I am not a huge pixel peeper, and I have been very satisfied with my K5. Best of luck with the 35 mm f/2 FA lens. I have heard positives, and it gives you nearly a 50 mm Effective field of view. It's smaller than the 31 FA, which gives it an advantage there....You may want to check out the 77 FA, which has been my favorite lens on the K5 so far, but that's a very personal decision.

Best,
    Ashwin
    Hey Ashwin! Yeah, I surprised myself after all. Inspite of the bulk, the IQ of the K-5 is just too nice to pass up on. I thought about the new Nikon D5100 with the same sensor, swivel LCD and smaller package. But I just couldn't bear the thought of becoming a Cannikon! LOL!

I'm such a ditz though. Now that I've returned all of those lenses, I keep thinking that I should have kept the DA21. Ironically, that was the lens that I was most critical of when I first got them. Oh well.

BTW, did you get a super wide yet? If you get the DA15, I'd be interested in finding out what you think of it. The DA15 probably makes more sense to me than a DA21 as a combo with the upcoming FA35.
    Armanius
    My Flickr

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amin View Post
    A few shots from the playground today with K-5 and [email protected]/2.4:
    Amin,

Very nice images with that 70 2.4. Seems to be working well for you.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Amin View Post
    Armando, I really like the effect on that Seattle's Best shot. Is that one of the built in film simulations?
    Cruds ... I already erased the SD card. I don't think the file itself on my computer will tell me what it is. Hmmm ... it may have been the reversal film profile. It's right between the BW and Bleach Bypass.

In LR3.3, I also typically push the light and black sliders almost all the way to the right, as well as the contrast and (sometimes) clarity sliders. Then I decrease the saturation.
    Armanius
    My Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Carl! On the whole, I like this combination very much .

Armando, thanks for the info on your processing!
    -Amin Sabet

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

A few from this evening, photographing a local musician...K5, and primarily the 31 and 77 FA lenses

Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well.....it arrived this afternoon. I threw a quick charge on the battery, grabbed an SD card and headed out the door. It was already getting late and a rain had just fallen.

A few pics on the way home......first one is the 18-135 and the others are the FA43 wide open.

And a newly painted bench:

I am pretty stoked.....Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jono....Amin....Ashwin......all of those images catch the eye.

Amin....handsome children......they're really growing.

Ashwin.....I love the local musician set.....especially the second pic (the tunnel)....and the last (profile).

R

Post Thanks / Like

Ashwin, love the series. The colors are beautiful, and the B&W look great as well.

Richard, thanks! Congrats on the K-5 arriving - you're off to a great start. The last two are especially nice!
    -Amin Sabet

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

A few from this evening, photographing a local musician...K5, and primarily the 31 and 77 FA lenses
    Ashwin,
    Very nice series with the tunnel and tricky lighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    Well.....it arrived this afternoon. I threw a quick charge on the battery, grabbed an SD card and headed out the door. It was already getting late and a rain had just fallen.

A few pics on the way home......first one is the 18-135 and the others are the FA43 wide open.

I am pretty stoked.....Richard
    Congrats Rich and have fun with the new K5. If you still have your IR panny give it a try with your Pentax lenses. I've been using the limiteds with my G1 IR and they perform very well.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ashwin,
    A very well done series.

Rich,
    Good to see a new convert. Nice shots, I particularly liked the one of the bench.

Jim

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ashwin
    The crow is lovely, but personally I like the next shot with the guy reading the egg carton and the lovers hand in hand. Your Musician must surely be a jazz musician?

Armando
    Radical lens decisions - I agree with you about the 100 macro - fabulous lens, but when you have the quietest softest shutter noise in the history of photography, it goes against the grain to have a lens which sounds like a dentists drill!
    I like Rudy's and the coffee.
    I must say - I don't think you'll regret your decision to keep the camera.

David
    Love the Adder and the Tempest - now all you need is a K5 for wandering those devon beaches (see PM as well)

Amin
    Those kids have grown!!! I love the second shot with the sideways glance - excellent. And thanks for the kind words on the chicken shot.

Richard
    Congratulations, I hope you'll be happy together - rain is the universal response of nature to a new camera - but at least you can take this one out in it! I love the skateboard truck shot - excellent.

all the best

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    Ashwin,

Congrats Rich and have fun with the new K5. If you still have your IR panny give it a try with your Pentax lenses. I've been using the limiteds with my G1 IR and they perform very well.
    Thanks Carl....I do still have the IR Panny. I did not know that about the FA's on the m4/3 mount. I'll give them a whirl.

Off topic.....I made a list of all the Canon gear that can be going on the block. Amazing how much that this camera will be replacing.

R

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Congratulations, I hope you'll be happy together - rain is the universal response of nature to a new camera - but at least you can take this one out in it! I love the skateboard truck shot - excellent.
    Thanks Jono.....without exaggerating, it was this thread that you started that really pushed me towards the K-5. My discontent has steadily grown over time with my Canon system. It peaked when I added the 7D last year. I just could not abide by the latent sensor noise at just about any ISO.

So last night, the first thing I did was pixel peep ......the skateboard truck shot was 3200ISO. I compared it to some 7D files at base ISO. There IS no comparison.

I am pretty stoked with the FA43. I'll be adding a few more primes as I sell off L glass. I've shot Canon since 1964. No regrets....this is a robust photocentric (I don't think this is a word ) system.

R

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Old and in the way . . . . . .
    or much loved and going nowhere - depends how you look at it.

all with the 18-135

these two at 6400 ISO

this one at 100 ISO

It's the kind of thing which looks fine . . . . . as long as you don't own the barn

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Armanius,

Did you get your 35 f2 yet?

I am thinking about buying a fast (normal) lens and two that seem to stand out are the 35 f/2 and the 31. Has anyone compared the two or maybe has both and can talk about relative strengths? If not any of the above how about just anyone who has used the 35 f/2?

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jim-

The FA35/2 should arrive tomorrow from BH. I'll take some photos over the weekend and report back. Photozone loved it. So I figure that I'd give it a shot as I like the ~50mm EFL better than the ~65mm I was getting from the FA43. I'd love a FA31, but alas, kinda pricey.

Not sure how the heck BH is still carrying new FA35's. I thought they'd been discontinued for a while. Long lost batch perhaps?

Armando
    Armanius
    My Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Armando
    Radical lens decisions - I agree with you about the 100 macro - fabulous lens, but when you have the quietest softest shutter noise in the history of photography, it goes against the grain to have a lens which sounds like a dentists drill!
    I like Rudy's and the coffee.
    I must say - I don't think you'll regret your decision to keep the camera.
    Yes, indeed a radical lens decision returning all three. Will be returning the Tamron 17-50 and Sigma 17-50 as well. I think. At least one or the other. Maybe both. I keep wavering. Tamron is as loud as the FA100. But at least it only goes through the entire range in less than a second. Unlike the FA100's 3 very painful seconds!!

But already regretting getting rid of the DA21 as it seemed like the perfect lens to do hyperfocal street shooting. The noob is me just learned today at Pentaxforums today what hyperfocal is. Downloaded the DOF Master app for my iPhone.
    Armanius
    My Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Two more with the FA43...

I like this lens....R

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Old and in the way . . . . . .
    or much loved and going nowhere - depends how you look at it.

It's the kind of thing which looks fine . . . . . as long as you don't own the barn
    Jono,

Lovely brassing on the M8 - looks like it has experienced some serious fondling

Nice backlighting in the window shot. I have a similar window in my basement, but fortunately the floor boards are still intact.
    Carl
    Gallery