The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

jonoslack

All of my shots with the K5 have been hand held, with SR on.
Me too - actually, that's not quite true, I have turned SR off on a couple of occasions when I was using continuous focus and fast shutter speeds. Not sure that it made any difference one way or another though!.

Nice pictures Lee - I like the canoes as well.
Carl - your modern day totem pole is great!

all the best

Sapphie

Carl

Lovely shot. Plus 12 degrees C in Devon, UK today, though some local wacky farmer reckons we will have more snow in March ( I think it's something to do with the berries or lack of)!

Lee

scho

Carl

Lovely shot. Plus 12 degrees C in Devon, UK today, though some local wacky farmer reckons we will have more snow in March ( I think it's something to do with the berries or lack of)!

Lee
Thanks Lee. Your local farmer may not be so wacky the way the weather has been developing recently. We have been having frequent storms with increasing intensity the past few weeks.

This shot is OT for this forum but is another snow shot from today using the Pentax DA 18-135 on a Panasonic G1 via an adapter. Works well, but strictly manual focus and aperture setting.

emr

Somehow that looks so much nicer in a photo compared to looking out of the window. Especially the last one is beautifully two-tone graphic. Looks B&W even though it's probably not(?).

scho

Somehow that looks so much nicer in a photo compared to looking out of the window. Especially the last one is beautifully two-tone graphic. Looks B&W even though it's probably not(?).
Agree - even though this was shot through a window this morning. The G1 was an IR converted camera and the image file was processed in LR3 with B&W conversion using the SilverEfexPro2 plugin.

emr

Hey, just noticed you posted this in the K-5 thread!

But - semi-on-topic - all you K-5 picture posters - I curse you! I just ended up pre-ordering a silver one because of all the K-5 pictures you've posted here! I hope they manage to get rid of all the teething problems before that model comes. Some sources say it'll come in March. "My" store says April to May and don't know how many they'll get. Hopefully there's one for me...

emr

It isn't really possible to see the whole image quality from web sized versions, but I gotta admit that the K-5 pictures in this thread ooze something that I'm more used to seeing in FF 35mm sensor pictures - some sort of cleanliness? The combination of high resolution and low noise?

scho

It isn't really possible to see the whole image quality from web sized versions, but I gotta admit that the K-5 pictures in this thread ooze something that I'm more used to seeing in FF 35mm sensor pictures - some sort of cleanliness? The combination of high resolution and low noise?
Yes and great dynamic range for good tonality. Hope you enjoy your silver K5.

JMaher

Possible Good News on Focus Issue

I have attached a link to the PentaxForums site with a little info on a rumored fix for the focusing issues. I would love to see this fixed as I agree the photos form this camera have something special about them and the camera has much to recommend it from a size, weatherproofing, and interesting lenses perspective. I have seen many a great photo posted on this thread.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/Good-news-for-K-5-owners

Jim

scho

Re: Possible Good News on Focus Issue

I have attached a link to the PentaxForums site with a little info on a rumored fix for the focusing issues. I would love to see this fixed as I agree the photos form this camera have something special about them and the camera has much to recommend it from a size, weatherproofing, and interesting lenses perspective. I have seen many a great photo posted on this thread.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/Good-news-for-K-5-owners

Jim
Jim,

Thanks for the update on a possible firmware fix for the AF issue. Hope they can get this out soon to satisfy those having problems with the K5 AF.

scho

Just playing with the new SilverEfex2 plugin for LR. The local adjustment features are really nice using control points. I applied some selective natural color restoration to the building in this B&W conversion. K5 with 15mm limited.

JMaher

Carl,

Beautiful photo and great selective coloring.

Now I am not only waiting to see if Pentax fixes the focusing issue but I may have to buy a new software package to experiment with before then.

Jim