The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Rich M

Took out an older lens today....a Sigma 24/2.8 Super Wide II. It is very sharp corner to corner. It focuses very closely. Colors were bright, saturated and the bokeh is pleasing for an f/8 shot.

Unexpected (at least to me).

R

scho

Roy....this is my favorite too. That's the cool thing about dew.....beautiful, ephemeral, fleeting.

R
+3 Really like that shot. Nice work Roy.
Took out an older lens today....a Sigma 24/2.8 Super Wide II. It is very sharp corner to corner. It focuses very closely. Colors were bright, saturated and the bokeh is pleasing for an f/8 shot.
Unexpected (at least to me).
R
Very nice Rich. I've been looking for a 24-25mm lens and surprised that this focal length is missing in the modern Pentax lens lineup.
High ISO K5 work...
The last image was after Tom had marvelled at ISO 6400 on the K5...not too bad at all!
Ashwin,
Great B&W portaits. I'm continually amazed at the high ISO performance of the K5.

Amin

Jim, beautiful flower image, and I agree with you that the lens rendering is very nice!

Ashwin, great lines and reflections in the second photo in your series.

jonoslack

Hi There
+4 on the Dew shot Jim - excellent
Ashwin - I like the high ISO work - especially the second shot of Tom? looking straight at the camera

Rich - yellow flowers are lovely - interesting lens choice.

all the best

scho

Here's a photo with the FA35. Definitely a keeper lens for me. Finally (after returning the first 5 lenses I bought)!!
Wide open at F2. Focus point on the strawberry.
Armando,

Sweet - both the rendering of the strawberry and hopefully the fruit as well.

Armanius

Armando,

Sweet - both the rendering of the strawberry and hopefully the fruit as well.
Thanks Carl! There was something special about picking your own strawberries off the field. I did make sure to wash it 5-6x when I got home before eating it though. They tasted sweeter than the grocery store bought ones. BUT, it may be just psychological.

Very impressed with the FA35 so far. Not the nice construction as a Limited or the FA100 WR. But still decent, and a good performer.

woodyspedden

I have an issue with which I need help.

I have been shooting with my K5 for a little over a week now and am generally happy with it.

However, it looks like a couple of my lenses need autofocus fine tuning, and no matter what I do I can't seem to make this feature work.

I rigorously follow the instructions on page 126, and I use Michael tapes Lens align as an aid for this. The feature seems to be working correctly, i.e. I can make the fine tuning adjustment and then save it. However when I take another shot, there seems to be no correction made to the image i.e. the error is the same as originally.

I set it up for one lens only but I am not getting it done.

Before I send this back to B&H photo, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help

Woody

benroy

Subscriber Member
In the garden capturing the Glory Lilies with the 200/2.8 Pentax lens and K-5.
Sharpness, brilliance, and contrast provide reminders of Nikon's 180/2.8.

Roy Benson

The first two pics are the same...can't find way to remove duplicate and replace with another pic.
One of the similar shots has been removed...now to figure out a way to replace with another lily shot.

Last edited:

Rich M

In the garden capturing the Glory Lilies with the 200/2.8 Pentax lens and K-5.
Sharpness, brilliance, and contrast provide reminders of Nikon's 180/2.8.

Roy Benson

The first two pics are the same...can't find way to remove duplicate and replace with another pic.
Roy.....these are glorious ;)

You are certainly making the fullest use of of your 100WR and 200mm.

Actually, looking at the EXIF data......they are different shots.....just similar in appearance.

R

JMaher

Roy - just beautiful shots. The Nikon 180 was always one of my favorite lens choices. It's the last one I sold.

Jim

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Rich...you're right, they are similar, not duplicates...I removed one of them...striking images, aren't they? Here's a couple more to add to the earlier three.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Armanius

Which lens are they? What lighting conditions are you having problem with? Have you updated the camera firmware?

I have an issue with which I need help.

I have been shooting with my K5 for a little over a week now and am generally happy with it.

However, it looks like a couple of my lenses need autofocus fine tuning, and no matter what I do I can't seem to make this feature work.

I rigorously follow the instructions on page 126, and I use Michael tapes Lens align as an aid for this. The feature seems to be working correctly, i.e. I can make the fine tuning adjustment and then save it. However when I take another shot, there seems to be no correction made to the image i.e. the error is the same as originally.

I set it up for one lens only but I am not getting it done.

Before I send this back to B&H photo, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help

Woody

raist3d

Here's a photo with the FA35. Definitely a keeper lens for me. Finally (after returning the first 5 lenses I bought)!!

Wide open at F2. Focus point on the strawberry.
Wow, I really like how the hand comes out of the bokeh and looks like sketched in a way. If you post processed this a lot i would love to see a more "standard looking" original. Good composition too, maybe needs more contrast.

Thanks for posting that.

- Raist

benroy

Subscriber Member
Zeiss 2.8 Distagon (ZK) with K-5...backyard, late afternoon. Sorry to say this, but the Distagon beats the socks off the 21/3.2 in 3 departments (IMHO)...brilliance, contrast, and sharpness.

Roy Benson

Last edited: