Site Sponsors
Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 2,000 of 2763

Thread: Fun with the Pentax K5

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun with the Pentax K5 IIS

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Radcliffe View Post
    Center point AF on the K5 IIs is quite good. It's been two years since I sold my Canon gear and memory fades over that amount of time so I am going to say that the two are about the same. The Canon often missed critical focus in low light and I believe that the K5 IIs does a better job of locking focus in low light situations. I do not believe the original K5 was as good as the IIs in this area.

No, I do not miss full-frame. The lack of full-frame is certainly not a deal breaker at all. The fast Ltd lenses I have (31, 43, 77) provide good subject isolation and good bokeh as well.

The main reason I was asking about faster glass was not so much about subject isolation as being able to shoot at lower ISO settings in very dark situations. I was never very happy with the Canon noise at higher ISO settings.. I rarely shot over ISO 800 when using the Canon due to noise.

I miss nothing about my Canon gear... especially the weight and bulk of that gear. The K5 IIS has a better build, smaller and is much more weather resistant than the Canon.

I would suggest you try to rent a K5 IIs or K5 II before you abandon your full frame gear. Try before you buy is always the wisest thing to do if you have that opportunity.
    Hi Jim,

thanks for the detailed information. Yes, had the K5 in my hands 1 yeasr ago and liked it very much. But was not in the mood to switch. Now this is different with the new Sony strategy

I have to decide between 3 options: D600, K5 IIs or Fuji Xpro-1.

You mentioned high ISO of your Canon fullframe. Is the K5 better in high ISO (1600-6400) than Canon fullframe? I would be impressed. Would make the decision easier for me

How would you compare ISO 1600-6400 of K5 with your Fuji X-Pro1? Just impressions, nothing scientific. I am not a pixel peeper...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with the Pentax K5

I have the Fuji and Pentax cameras. Both are very nice in the 1600 to 6400 ISO range. Noticed one thing with exposure and ISO values.
    If I put the Fuji on ISO value 6400 and the Pentax with ISO value 3200, I will have the same shutter speed and aperture value. The same object and light in the room. The Lenses Fuji 35mm and Pentax 35mm macro.
    Maybe for comparing the ISO´s on cameras it is important to check the shutter speed and aperture value will have the same values for the cameras to be compared.

Trygve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PenSon View Post
    I have the Fuji and Pentax cameras. Both are very nice in the 1600 to 6400 ISO range. Noticed one thing with exposure and ISO values.
    If I put the Fuji on ISO value 6400 and the Pentax with ISO value 3200, I will have the same shutter speed and aperture value. The same object and light in the room. The Lenses Fuji 35mm and Pentax 35mm macro.
    Maybe for comparing the ISO´s on cameras it is important to check the shutter speed and aperture value will have the same values for the cameras to be compared.

Trygve
    wow, if the K5 and the Fuji would be similar good/noise free in this high ISO range from 1600-6400, this would make my decision a lot easier. I would then rather prefer the K5. The colours and dynamic range at high ISO with the K5 is lovely as far as I can judge here from the images. And K5 has better LR4 support...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not scientific but pictures with xpro and k5iis.

Pentax K5iis lens 35mm macro, 6400 iso , aperture 8 , shutter 1/30

Fuji Xpro-1 lens 35mm, 6400 iso, aperture 8, shutter 1/30

No photoshopping and adjustments on computer. just resizing for the web.

More light on the pentax picture with similar setup. So it looks like the pentax have one step more to go on.

Trygve
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with the Pentax K5 IIS

Quote Originally Posted by 4711 View Post
    Hi Jim,

You mentioned high ISO of your Canon fullframe. Is the K5 better in high ISO (1600-6400) than Canon fullframe? I would be impressed. Would make the decision easier for me

How would you compare ISO 1600-6400 of K5 with your Fuji X-Pro1? Just impressions, nothing scientific. I am not a pixel peeper...
    It is hard for me to say as I have not had the Canon gear for the last two years. If I still had it I would do some test shots for you.. but that is not possible and it is hard for me to give you an accurate read on this.

I just remember shooting both before I got rid of the Canon (I had the original K5 at the time) and the high ISO shots were about equal at the time with the K5 sometimes appearing better to my eye.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by PenSon View Post
    Not scientific but pictures with xpro and k5iis.

Pentax K5iis lens 35mm macro, 6400 iso , aperture 8 , shutter 1/30

Fuji Xpro-1 lens 35mm, 6400 iso, aperture 8, shutter 1/30

No photoshopping and adjustments on computer. just resizing for the web.

More light on the pentax picture with similar setup. So it looks like the pentax have one step more to go on.

Trygve
    The Fuji shot looks better to me.. which is OK as I have the X-Pro1 myself and love using it.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The Fuji shot looks better to me.. which is OK as I have the X-Pro1 myself and love using it.
    I agree. I have the X-Pro1 and the K-5IIS, and while not shooting side by side, I feel the the Fuji is one stop "better" (i.e. 6400ISO on the Fuji ~= 3200ISO on the Pentax).

However, these are entirely different cameras in the way that I use them. I grab the Fuji for static shots of people and landscapes. The Pentax is for reach, isolation and action. Anything else is a bonus.

R

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Two images from a visit to San Xavier Mission in Tucson.
    K5lls with 35mm Ltd

Keith

Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mediumcool View Post
    Nobody hurt, which is good (and I earned $250 from the local tabloid!). I suspect an unpaid bill was the reason behind the event. Possibly for illicit substances, if you get my meaning …
    Ouch! I just read this. Where is this again?

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comparison shots between the Pentax K5IIs and the Fuji X pro1.

I decided to switch to the Fuji X-system. Not only because of high ISO. I will buy second hand, so if someone wants to get rid of his Fuji, just leave me a note

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raist3d View Post
    Ouch! I just read this. Where is this again?

- Raist
    South Plympton, in South Australia.

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

K5lls with 35mm ltd

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Walking home from the bus stop last evening.

Shine

K5 with 16–45

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

K5 IIs Caddo Lake - Haunting Beauty...

This was the first weekend I have been able to get out and shoot with the K5 IIs. I am quite pleased with the results. Here is the first of several.

This was taken on a small two lane road near Cado Lake in Uncertain, Texas. Yes, that's a real name. This area is in the Piney Woods of East Texas on the border of Texas and Louisiana. In fact, most of the lake is in Louisiana.

It is haunting in its beauty and the quiet at twilight and night is amazing. Any sound, whether by nightbird or human seems to echo forever across the lake and through the bayous. Yes, the nearby town is actually named Uncertain, Texas. I have more photos but this is the only one I have actually worked on. Will post more when I get the chance.

Here's a link to information for the park and the town.
    Caddo Lake State Park — Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
    CityOfUncertain.Com - Texas best kept secret...

K5 IIs with the DA* 50-135mm ISO 400 1/60s f/4.5

PS... is there any way to keep the photos from down-sizing when viewed in a thread?
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely understated photograph. The moss itself gives a dimensionality that is bolstered by the tree cavity and the sunlight at the very top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with the Pentax K5 IIs

Over the weekend I had a chance to take the K5 IIs out for its first real test run at Caddo Lake on the border of Texas and Louisiana.

Here are a few from that outing. None of these shots have been sharpened in post. They are as they came out of the camera except for cropping.

This moon shot was taken with the DA* 50-135 and I believe this was shot wide open at f/2.8.. I'll have to check the EXIF to be sure.

These are oil derricks in Kilgore, Texas. Kilgore was the richest oil field in Texas back in the day and the town has kept the oil derricks in place as a testament to the history of the town.

I found these rusted items at a roadside antique store on the way to the lake.

After the losing the light and on the way home I came across a man burning leaves on his property.

I've set up a page on my website for photos and thoughts on the K5 IIs. It is located here. Pentax K5 IIs Photography by Jim Radcliffe

I am impressed with the K5 IIs. I am getting better photos from it than the original K5 which I have now listed as being for sale.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Back from Tucson with enough images to carry me through the Toronto winter, which right now is ******cold!
    K5lls with 35mm Ltd

Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

[QUOTE=woodmancy;484302]Back from Tucson with enough images to carry me through the Toronto winter, which right now is ******cold!
    K5lls with 35mm Ltd

Keith

That's a cool shot.... or maybe I should say Lucky Shot, due to the horseshoes.....and that 35mm is very sharp.. love mine.

As for your Toronto Winter... it will be in the 70s tomorrow here in Dallas
    Thursday's forecast says 76. Sorry, couldn't resist. I used to live in Chicago and I hate Winter weather.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like

Over the weekend I had a chance to take....

I am impressed with the K5 IIs. I am getting better photos from it than the original K5 which I have now listed as being for sale.
    Dang. I sort of see a bit more jump-at you kinda aspect. Anyway, I am mulling buying a K-5II because of the AF so AF is what I want to know about. How much better is it over the K-5? I want a major improvement.

Why a K-5II and not the s? As much as I would like the s, I would be shooting weddings commercially, and I just can't play the "does this shot have moire in that dress?" game out of 200-300+ shots. It would kill me.

I just want to know does the AF really work fairly reasonable right now, even in moderate low light and tungsten/mixed.

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Dang. I sort of see a bit more jump-at you kinda aspect. Anyway, I am mulling buying a K-5II because of the AF so AF is what I want to know about. How much better is it over the K-5? I want a major improvement.

Why a K-5II and not the s? As much as I would like the s, I would be shooting weddings commercially, and I just can't play the "does this shot have moire in that dress?" game out of 200-300+ shots. It would kill me.

I just want to know does the AF really work fairly reasonable right now, even in moderate low light and tungsten/mixed.

- Raist
    If I were a wedding shooter I would go for the K5 II rather than the S simply because if moire did appear in fabric it could potentially ruin a great wedding shot..... in other words, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I DO believe the K5 IIs is sharper and it should be but others have pointed out that with "proper" sharpening you should be able to get the K5 and K5 II files to equal those of the K5 IIs. Maybe yes, maybe no.. I'm not going to waste time testing my old K5 against the IIs.

The AF is not what I would call "A Major Improvement"... I do feel it is better but not a quantum leap. I was trying to isolate the stem of a flower the other day with a rather busy background and the IIs insisted on focusing on the background. I tried and tried to get it to focus on that stem but it failed every time. I had to go manual focus on that subject but this is true for a lot of tricky subjects.

I still think Pentax needs to reduce the size of the focus box (I always use center focus point) to eliminate the camera focusing on something in the background.

The Fishing Line Test
    I use what I call the fishing line test. I take some rather stout fishing line and suspend it vertically at a good distance from a busy background. I stand about 12 to 15 feet away from the fishing line. If the camera can auto focus on that fishing line then it has passed the Fishing Line Test.

Neither my K5 or the K5 IIs has passed that test. My Canon 5D MKII managed to pass the test on a 50/50 basis. Does that mean the K5 cameras are flawed? No, just that the focus boxes are larger than I would like.... sometimes the background gets in the way and you have no recourse but to go manual focus... I hate doing that because my eyes are not as good as they used to be and I tend to rely on AF for critical focus.

Low Light AF
    The K5 IIs does very well in this area. It is better than the K5. I often shoot concerts which have low levels of light and that is important to me. I have never shot a wedding (turned down many because I did not want the headaches) but I would guess that low light is the rule for many aspects of wedding photography so the K5 IIs should do well.

The K5 II or IIs is not a camera you will pick up and say Pentax finally go it right! but I do prefer the results I am getting from it over that of my original K5.

I would really suggest that you try to get your hands on one to use for a day and make your decision based on the results you get.

That said, I hate buyer's remorse as much as anyone but so far I have none at all where the K5 IIs is concerned.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like

If I were a wedding shooter I would go for the K5 II rather than the S simply because if moire did appear in fabric it could potentially ruin a great wedding shot..... in other words, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I DO believe the K5 IIs is sharper and it should be but others have pointed out that with "proper" sharpening you should be able to get the K5 and K5 II files to equal those of the K5 IIs. Maybe yes, maybe no.. I'm not going to waste time testing my old K5 against the IIs.
    I am pretty sure many shots the K-5IIs will still pull ahead in sharpness. You can make the K-5/K-5II come closer but it's just not the same thing.

The AF is not what I would call "A Major Improvement"... I do feel it is better but not a quantum leap. I was trying to isolate the stem of a flower the other day with a rather busy background and the IIs insisted on focusing on the background. I tried and tried to get it to focus on that stem but it failed every time. I had to go manual focus on that subject but this is true for a lot of tricky subjects.
    Ok to me that issue is the AF sensor size area, I can deal with that. What I want to know is:

- In subjects that are "big enough" in the sensor area, does it focus well or still some front/back focus?
    - same question in lower light
    - same question in mixed and tungsten light

I still think Pentax needs to reduce the size of the focus box (I always use center focus point) to eliminate the camera focusing on something in the background.
    Agreed!

The Fishing Line Test
    [/quote]

Interesting test! :-) I am ok actually with how it is as long as it is predictable. It's the occasional (more than I want) front/back focus that drives me nuts. It's funny because there are a couple of real hard to get shots that the K-5 has gotten, but otherwise it throws in the front/back focused shot enough to make me feel odd about using AF often.

Predictability to me here is #1.

Low Light AF
    The K5 IIs does very well in this area. It is better than the K5. I often shoot concerts which have low levels of light and that is important to me. I have never shot a wedding (turned down many because I did not want the headaches) but I would guess that low light is the rule for many aspects of wedding photography so the K5 IIs should do well.
    [/quote]

Low light is important for in-door ceremonies and that reception at night.

The K5 II or IIs is not a camera you will pick up and say Pentax finally go it right! but I do prefer the results I am getting from it over that of my original K5.
    OK, you are making me hesitate now with that comment :-) So let me try to narrow your observations:

- bigger sensor area- I can deal
    - back/front focus - is this still happening and I mean- when the object you know covers the sensor reasonably well, that the camera *tried* to focus on the subject. This one to me is key and...
    - same question as above but in tungsten/mixedlight/lower light.

I would really suggest that you try to get your hands on one to use for a day and make your decision based on the results you get.

That said, I hate buyer's remorse as much as anyone but so far I have none at all where the K5 IIs is concerned.
    That's a great idea. Need to find out where. Last thing I want to do is spend $1,100 USD only to find out the improvement is marginal and I still have to use MF.

Thanks Jim.

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

OK, you are making me hesitate now with that comment :-) So let me try to narrow your observations:

- bigger sensor area- I can deal
    - back/front focus - is this still happening and I mean- when the object you know covers the sensor reasonably well, that the camera *tried* to focus on the subject. This one to me is key and...
    - same question as above but in tungsten/mixedlight/lower light.

- Raist
    I have not seen any issues with front or back focus with IIs.
    I have used AF in very low light and it seems to be spot on with both natural and artificial light.

The instances where the camera failed to focus for me were extreme: focusing on a very small object in the foreground with a very high contrast background. Note that this is something ALL of my cameras have struggled with in the past. The Canon 5D MKII was no better than the K5 or K5 IIs.

As long as you are using Good Glass, you should see great results. Using the kit lenses will be less satisfying. When I use my DA* lenses or the Ltds.. the results are everything I could hope for.

Hope this helps.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jim, it does help. All my lenses are Ltds, one da * (50-135) and the FA 100wr telephoto macro (probably best lens I have). I will make a choice soon. It won't be the iis but that's fine.

Thanks again.

- Ricardo

Ps: my other thought is wait for fuji to move the recent improvements of the x100s to the X mount line and move entirely there, but I may get work for the summer and I rather not experiment with a new tech that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ps: my other thought is wait for fuji to move the recent improvements of the x100s to the X mount line and move entirely there, but I may get work for the summer and I rather not experiment with a new tech that way.
    While they claim the fastest AF (in good light) I understand it is still a bit slow in low light..

The reason I keep a DSLR like the K5 IIs and also use mirrorless is because mirrorless cameras still do not equal a DSLR in everyway. I love my X-Pro1 but there are certain times that I have to choose a different tool no matter how much love I feel for the camera.

I have to admit, I love looking through the lens in an optical path rather than an EVF and every time I use the K5 I wish I could see the same thing through the viewfinder of the X-Pro1.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here's a one of the colorful facades in old Tucson.
    15mm Limited

Keith

Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have to admit, I love looking through the lens in an optical path rather than an EVF
    +1

Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by woodmancy View Post
    Here's a one of the colorful facades in old Tucson.
    15mm Limited

Keith
    Excellent... this is the kind of thing I love to photograph.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This is a well weathered galvanized fence
    15mm limited

Keith

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lot's of nice architecture in this street . .
    15mm f4 limited

Keith

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

. . a switch of lenses to the 70mm f2.4 Limited

Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pentax K5 IIs in a weird Antique store..

I came across a very strange antique store not long ago and decided to revisit it for the sole purpose of shooting the strange stuff I saw there. All shot with the Pentax K5 IIs and DA 35mm macro lens. ISO was 1600-3200 due to the extreme darkness inside the building.

The first is really weird.. antique wedding dress on an unusual mannequin.

A vase of some kind I believe....

Military shoes of some type.. I believe from India....

Back in a very dark corner of the building I found this crucifix hanging on a weathered green door...

I thought these old shells might be a good monochrome experiment...

This last shot was literally shot in almost total darkness between stacks of shelves with very little light available.. ISO 3200 on this one at 1/13s handheld. Apparently this is the fabled "Typewriter Graveyard".

Last edited by Jim Radcliffe; 28th January 2013 at 08:28.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeepers, Jim! 1/13s handheld...you must have neurosurgeon's hands.

Roy Benson

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by benroy View Post
    Jeepers, Jim! 1/13s handheld...you must have neurosurgeon's hands.

Roy Benson
    I do have very steady hands... I utilize what Uncle Sam taught me about firing a rifle... breathe, exhale and squeeze the trigger.. er.. shutter release. What's the saying? One shot, one kill.
    Last edited by Jim Radcliffe; 28th January 2013 at 08:26.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with the Pentax K5 IIs - One more..

Here is one more that I really liked from the K5 IIs. Another low light shot with the DA 35mm.

After two weeks of using the K5 IIs I am sure that I made the right decision to upgrade. The fine detail I am getting truly is better than what I was getting out of the original K5. I think this shot is a testament to that effect.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here is one more that I really liked from the K5 IIs. Another low light shot with the DA 35mm.

After two weeks of using the K5 IIs I am sure that I made the right decision to upgrade. The fine detail I am getting truly is better than what I was getting out of the original K5. I think this shot is a testament to that effect.
    Yes Jim, it is. I feel the same way as you about the resolution of the K5lls.
    I have three cameras that use Sony chips without AA filters (K5lls, Ricoh A12 M, and Ricoh A16 Zoom) They all provide delicious looking images, even at small size. I think something really positive happens to micro contrast with that filter removed. The Sigma DP Foveon users are also chatting about the same effect (in there case, they might have too much resolution!)

Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

K5 IIs and the lowly WR 18-135mm Kit Lens

I Don't Know His Name

I visted a construction site today and one of the workers had just finished spray painting some drywall. He had just taken off his respirator and I asked him if I might take his photograph. He agreed.

By the way, this was taken with the much maligned Kit Lens WR 18-135mm Looks pretty good to me.. maybe the lack of the AA filter on the K5 IIs is working for this lens rather than against it.

Pentax K5 IIs WR 18-135mm

Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, again great images.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ustein View Post
    Jim, again great images.
    +1

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ario Arioldi View Post
    +1
    +2 And Jono liked that much maligned lens a lot too.
    I have no experience with it, but on your K5 IIs it certainly looks superbe.

All the best.
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Keith and Jim....these really are some great images.

Keith, I recently picked up the 15mm.....THAT lens has some secret sauce. Very different than what I expected.

Jim....quite a few of the lens that I expected to be stellar on the K-5 disappointed (both the FA31 and FA43). They also needed significant amounts of micro adjustment.
    These same lenses have found a second life on the K5iiS, so your 18-135 shot doesn't surprise me.

R

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    Keith and Jim....these really are some great images.

Jim....quite a few of the lens that I expected to be stellar on the K-5 disappointed (both the FA31 and FA43). They also needed significant amounts of micro adjustment.
    These same lenses have found a second life on the K5iiS, so your 18-135 shot doesn't surprise me.

R
    I have both of those lenses and they seem to perform well on my IIs. They do not live on my camera but I use them for low light work and more often than not when I want to do a B&W conversion.. they just seem to produce really good files for B&W conversion.

None of my lenses have needed any micro-adjustment on the K5 IIs but every one of them did require micro-adjustment on my original K5.. and not all the same adjustment either.... I can't figure that one out... but I am not going to waste time trying... on the K5 IIs I am finally getting the IQ I was hoping for from the K5 system when I switched from Canon to Pentax.

My DA* 16-50 returned yesterday from CRIS (replaced SDM) and it too seems to be working properly again with no micro-adjustment.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pentax K5 IIs in a weird Antique store..

Jim- some interesting light, subjects in this sequence (old shop, old wedding dress). One thing that caught my attention on the technical side of things- no color MOIRE on that dress? I don't see it at least at this size in an obvious way anywhere (or not so obvious way even)- is this the case? I am surprised.

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like

I must say now I am seeing more of that extra detail I expected to see. To me the #1 need to upgrade continuous being the AF. If the AF of my K-5 was predictable most of the time with the lenses I use the most, I wouldn't mind.

That said, if the color moire is hard to get (still thinking about that old wedding dress shot you did) I may as well go for a K-5IIs and not the K-5II.

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'll be damned. I saw a string of shots on Flickr with K-5IIs and I am starting to see a difference. I may very well go for it including for weddings, moire be damned.

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like

Party. First kiss I guess.
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

A sweet moment captured, Vladimir.
    Though, the masked figures are a bit scary.

All the best.
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    A sweet moment captured, Vladimir.
    Though, the masked figures are a bit scary.

All the best.
    I have to agree with Knorp... those masked figures..... umm... ay.

:-)

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday night at the pub

K-5/16–45/iso3200

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

For a Saturday night that's one empty pub !
    So, where's the crowd, Ian ?

All the best.
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just Back from New Orleans & Mardi Gras with the K5 IIs

I've spent the last week in New Orleans doing photography with the K5 IIs during Mardi Gras. Had a wonderful time. Shot over 1500 frames during a five day stay.

The K5 IIs performed perfectly. No problems, no glitches, no lockups.. just good dependable photography. The weather was a bit rainy and damp but the K5 was totally unaffected. Worst case situation was Tuesday night when there was fog rolling in off the Mississippi River and I was waiting to shoot the Trolley line that rolls beside the river. The fog caused a bit of condensation on the front element of the DA* 16-50mm but I was able to keep it clear by using a bit of lens tissue. The K5 IIs is a keeper. AF was accurate and performed extremely well in very dark situations at night.

The shot below is the kind of shot I drive 8.5 hours to take. Mardi Gras is so much more than the drunkenness and flashing on Bourbon Street. This was taken with the DA*16-50mm f/2.8 ISO 200 @ 1/80s.

And one more........

Last edited by Jim Radcliffe; 13th February 2013 at 20:26. Reason: Added second photo.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post