The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

woodyspedden

Dew on the roses with the 100WR...I'm nearing 80, but I still find manual focusing with some bobbing and weaving in and out works best for me in these tight close-ups... AF on the 100 macro is too cranky...but the bobbing and weaving is worth it...the lens is very sharp.

Roy Benson
Hi Roy

I must say I find your work inspiring. I am a young fellow at only 74 so I am feeling much more positive about getting older LOL

Keep posting. Your work is wonderful

Woody

jonoslack

Roy, Ashwin, Ario
Great shots -
My K5 is having a couple of days rest whilst I play with the new toy.

all the best

ashwinrao1

Roy, Ashwin, Ario
Great shots -
My K5 is having a couple of days rest whilst I play with the new toy.

all the best
Hahah...I am with you, Jono. I gave the M9 and K5 a great work out in Utah, but now it's on to the new kid on the block...Sadly, it's gloomy and rainy here today in Seattle....

benroy

Subscriber Member
Fedex brought me a used 16-50 DA lens this noontime. Took it into the garden out back (where else could I go...considering)...shot at ISO 400/shutter speed 400, with 1/3 exposure compensation to cut the glare on the leaves.Noonday sun straight overhead. Initial reactions: big, heavy lens, but balances pretty well on the K-5...AF is whisper quiet and pretty much spot on. I did not shoot as an experiment, checking f/stops, exposing at different focal lengths...just framed up the images with the zoom and shot..."botanicals" as Jono calls them. Nice thing about "botanicals...you don't ordinarily have to worry about the edges being sharp...this would be an issue with architecturals and interiors... No surprise when I processed the pics that about 85% of them were around or at the 50mm focal length.
Lens focuses real close...down to 12". Not too many wide angle pics...extreme wide angle to me is anything less than 28mm. I'm including one 16mm pic of a patio...seems a bit soft when blown up...not so with 50mm images.

More later...the wider angles get their workout when I go for groceries.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Knorp

@Ashwin: terrific b/w shots: funny enough I like those from the FA77 best :confused:

@Roy: good luck with your DA*16-50, enjoy it ... :)

@Ario: wonderful b/w landscapes ! And please post some more from the 12-24 :thumbup:

Kind regards.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Ashwin: Really nice land and seascapes with great color...you and Bart are masters of the 200...quite a lens, isn't it?

Roy Benson

scho

My favorite neighborhood gorge trail finally re-opened after a long winter closure. Took a walk with the K5+18-135. All handheld with auto ISO, but should have brought a tripod.

benroy

Subscriber Member
GORGEous gorge pictures, Carl. Scrolling through the images brought on my vertigo...pics not only gorgeous but vertiginous.

Roy Benson