The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

jonoslack

Hi Jim,
Thanks.
K5 and Sigma 50-500 os(f8 around 320th sec,sorry, must have metadata hide, ticked in lightroom)
Malc
Hi Malc
And a BIG welcome. Lovely shot.
We still have sunshine in the frozen east (suffolk Norfolk border) but the rain is coming for our panting lawn.
Just considering another dog walk. I do like bank holidays!

MalcolmP

Thanks Joe,Rich,Jono.
A friend bought a k5 satarday so I personally blame him for the rain seeing as how i bet he's chomping at the bit to get outside:)I doubt he wants to get his new toy wet and put the weather sealing to the test on his first outing:cry:
Continuing Leonard Cohen and Roy's theme-
if "one swallow does'nt make a summer",do two?:LOL:
Regards
Malc

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Working the garden with the 300/4.5: This is a set of spiny, thorny, prickly "botanicals" meant to show off how sharp this lens is...shot in early morning light...hand held at 1/800, ISO 400, most of the exposures around f/8.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

It's been a bit of time since my last post. Hope everyone is well. Here are few from Cincinnati, OH, as I was there this week-end for a wedding

Knorp

Jim, Lee, Roy, Ashwin, Jono, Rich, Armando (did I forget someone ?): all great shots, guys :)

Kind regards.

jonoslack

Malc
The swallows shot is astounding - excellent - those beauties do not hang about. I'm seriously impressed. No exif? Lens?

Roy
Fine Prickly pictures - I like the second one best, and I'm jealous of that lens!

Ashwin
I used to really enjoy smoking - love the first shot.
You americans seem to have some other definition of NAKED from us over here . . . not only does she have her pants on, she seems to be wearing a bra as well! (great shot though).
Interesting the first two wedding shots - were you the photographer? or were you shadowing the photographer? Looks Like Fun at anyrate

all the best

jonoslack

Having seen Malc's wonderful swallow shot I'm loathe to post these . . . . but I was going to, so here are this weekend's wildlife shots -

First a bee: (100 wr)

Then a fly - these are horrid flies, but as this one let me take it's picture . . . I didn't squash it! (100 wr)

Here is a noble cat - she will keep getting into boxes, and these days she thinks that she is a little slimmer than reality: (60-250

We have a goldfinch nesting in the vine outside our bedroom window - here she is, shot through the glass so as not to disturb her: (60-250)

A Roe deer I disturbed on the my walks: (100 WR)

Finally, a mysterious white spider protecting his buttercup (100 WR)

scho

Rich,

I don't know, the stand up paddles look interesting. There are a lot of them here as well.

Jim
Yes, the latest water sport. This one paddled right into this scene in Puerto Rico. At first glance they appear to be walking on water. :)

benroy

Subscriber Member
Jono: cat in the box pic is the "cat's meow"...so's the bolting buck.

Ashwin: really fine set of wedding candids...b&ws especially (ISO?)

Carl: socko beach color

benroy

Subscriber Member
Working the garden with the 300/4.5: here's where the 300 excels...picking out images in spots the 35 and 100 can't reach...and all the background clutter dissolves away.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

DavidL

Having seen Malc's wonderful swallow shot I'm loathe to post these . . . . but I was going to, so here are this weekend's wildlife shots -
Here is a noble cat - she will keep getting into boxes, and these days she thinks that she is a little slimmer than reality: (60-250
Good to see she's still as cool as ever. There's been too many dog pictures of late ;)

David

ashwinrao1

Thanks to Bart, Lee, Jono, Roy, and Rich.

Jono, I do think that the sensibilities of the middle of the U.S. maybe different with regards to clothing...LOL....whereas in Seattle, LA, and other big cities, the mantra of "Less is More" is in place, in Cincinnati, the fact that the naked cowgirl was quite clothed suggests that in these ares, "More is less", more or less.. ;)

Roy, I believe I was shooting the weddings at iso 800-1600 primarily, and adding grain in post-processing...

Hi Rich, this bridesmaid was somehone whose wedding I didn't attend (she was apparently at the same hotel at which I stayed). I think she was getting wedding formal shots taken at the hotel...seemed a bit bored. THe wedding that I actually attended was far more fun ;)

ashwinrao1

Jono, of the series seen here, this is my favorite, though the gold finch and jumping deer take 2nd and 3rd prizes here. Funny how much you are able to find close to home ! The shadow detail in this image is commendable. Did you do any pull/push processing to bring out the shadow details?