The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Sapphie

Jono

This one was Exmouth on the south coast and I agree with your impression of it! I think I've pushed the exposure a bit too much. It was a dull, cold day though!

18-135 is also *expensive*!

Lee

jonoslack

Jono

This one was Exmouth on the south coast and I agree with your impression of it! I think I've pushed the exposure a bit too much. It was a dull, cold day though!

18-135 is also *expensive*!

Lee
HI Lee
Well, it IS expensive, but (IMHO) it also feels expensive - nicely made, and contrary to the review on pentaxforums quite a lot of it is made of metal too.

My sister lives in Bridford - nice around there, although she seems to have been snowed up most of this winter!

I come from Cornwall originally, and we still spend some time down near lands end - but mostly it's just suffolk and norfolk mud!

all the best

scho

HI Carl
one of the nice things about the ridiculous high ISO, and the 'fast' option on the auto iso, is that you can really shoot at whatever aperture you like to get the best out of the lens.

I like the bench best out of this lot - and I envy you your crisp weather, at the moment we have big dark heavy cloud cover, and about 37F, with a little drizzle just to make it nicer.

euch!

all the best
Thanks Jono. It really is nice not to worry about high ISO with this camera and I also no longer have to drag a tripod around for most shoots. It was a little bit too crisp here today at -12 F.

jonoslack

Jono

We have been holidaying in Porthcurno and Porthgwarra area for the last 20 years and love it!

Lee
HI There Lee
I grew up on Pednvounder beach - and we have a house at Brane (Carn Euny) which we get to as much as possible - I can't count the number of times I've been rained on in the Minack theatre! it's a small world!

Must get the website better organised:

cornwall in 2008

Here are a couple of simple kitchen snapshots - the weather is so dreek here at the moment.

both with the 18-135 (hard to get it off the camera).

scho

Here are a couple of simple kitchen snapshots - the weather is so dreek here at the moment. both with the 18-135 (hard to get it off the camera).
Nice shots Jono. The 18-135 bokeh is pretty good also, particularly at 135 f/5.6.

Here is one from yesterday's walk with the 18-135 (cropped). I was just following the geese :rolleyes:

jonoslack

Nice shots Jono. The 18-135 bokeh is pretty good also, particularly at 135 f/5.6.

Here is one from yesterday's walk with the 18-135 (cropped). I was just following the geese :rolleyes:
Hi Carl
That's lovely - fine composition - 'fraid it's still horrid here, but the dog needed a walk anyway.

This is a bit of a tribute to the CF with the 60-250 - important to realise that the rushes are the same on both sides of the water, so this is a brief moment around 5 ft high:

Sometimes he even comes when he's called:

both with the 60-250

scho

Hi Carl
That's lovely - fine composition - 'fraid it's still horrid here, but the dog needed a walk anyway.

This is a bit of a tribute to the CF with the 60-250 - important to realise that the rushes are the same on both sides of the water, so this is a brief moment around 5 ft high:

Sometimes he even comes when he's called:

both with the 60-250
Jono,

Really nice shots with the 60-250. I haven't played with CF yet, but impressive performance if it can keep up with that fast moving dog.

jonoslack

Jono,

Really nice shots with the 60-250. I haven't played with CF yet, but impressive performance if it can keep up with that fast moving dog.
HI Carl
Thank You.
I don't think it really compares with the Nikon CF, but it seems to get quite a good rate of keepers - not so fab with a dog running straight at you.

all the best

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
+1

I love that dog... watch it.... he starts talking.... any moment now! :D

I am in for a K5 with 100mm WR, still would need to decide on one suitable for wide angle pano work... best available IQ.... suggestions?

scho

A stiff NW breeze and some sun brought out the adventure seeking snow boarders today. K5 with 18-135. That little dog in the foreground was itching to participate in the action.

scho

I drove over to Seneca Lake this afternoon to hang a small exhibit of landscape prints in a local winery. This is the view of their vineyard and Seneca Lake from the tasting room balcony. Three shot stitch with the 21mm ltd.

The exhibit.

scho

Two more from the K5+18-135.

Outbound Canadians - A quick grab shot as they went overhead.

Graffiti on a boarded up park pavilion.

jonoslack

Hi Carl
Love the snowboarders and the Griffiti:
ecsh, that dog is a real wrinkly - can't see any wrinkles on ours, he certainly knows all the wrinkles here - this is his
yes I can have a piece of liver look

K5 with the 100 WR macro.

jonoslack

More dreadful weather - dull and grey and boring.

Still, time to play with the 100 macro in the garden and the kitchen . . .

at least the snowdrops are appearing, so it's not so cold.

jonoslack

Tom works for us sometimes doing fencing and outside work - he does a fantastic job.

Here is his radio:

and Here is Tom

again with the 100 WR macro.

have a great Sunday!
all the best

scho

Jono,

Very nice series with the 100 macro and beautiful B&W portrait. I really like the bokeh that lens produces.

scho

We had a heavy wet snow last night that made it easy for the deer to browse the low hanging tree branches. K5 with 18-135 WR.