The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Amin

Wonderful photos in this thread. If I weren't shooting with Micro 4/3, I'd buy a Pentax K5, 21/3.5, and 70/2.4.

scho

Lee,

Excellent work with the 43 limited. That lens is very sharp with beautiful bokeh.

Square is perfect! :thumbup: (from an old Rolleiflex fan)

ashwinrao1

Lovely stuff, Jono. So it seems, is the 35 macro the one to have over the 100 macro? It is more compact, it seems. I just ordered a old M-100 mm f/4 macro from KEH, along with a 50 mm f/1.4 SMC-M...hope to see what some vintage glass can do....

retow

Ouch
and it's only an 8 mile drive to warehouseexpress from the office . . . and they have one in stock . . . .help!
I had one in my hands at Adorama in NY yesterday. Had they had a silver FA 43 ins stock, I would have pulled a credit card. A great looking camera with an excellent handgrip (different grip than on the black body)
However, Pentax just reduced the prices for the black K5 such that the difference buys now a DA 40mm.

jonoslack

I had one in my hands at Adorama in NY yesterday. Had they had a silver FA 43 ins stock, I would have pulled a credit card. A great looking camera with an excellent handgrip (different grip than on the black body)
However, Pentax just reduced the prices for the black K5 such that the difference buys now a DA 40mm.
Yeah Yeah well, I made the mistake of going to look (Silas wanted to get an S95 Canon), So it seems to be sitting on my desk - the consolation is that the black one was the kit with the 18-55, which I don't need, so the hit won't be quite so bad when I go to ebay (and the price hasn't dropped much in the UK either).

sigh!