The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Sapphie

Armanius

If you think you are getting consistently sharper results using live view then you need to calibrate the lens.

The easiest way I found to do this with my 43mm was to just put some flat newspaper on the floor in good lighting. Tripod mount the K5 and point it at the paper, trying to get the camera parallel ... put the K5 in 10 sec delayed mode, and try a few different AF adjustment options. Crude maybe but it might work.

After I finally realised that my 43mm needed +10 I was very happy with it.

Lee

jonoslack

Best leave skeletons in closet...at least till the children reach age of majority!

Bob
HI Bob
Our Baby is 22 - and the skeletons are long since out of the closet!
If you're less than 54 or more than 60, well, okay - if not, then only the sad buggers didn't indulge . . . . . at least a teeny bit (although, of course, we didn't swallow . . . or inhale :ROTFL:)

jonoslack

What do you think of the colour dear?

All of the above of mine above with 43mm Ltd ...

Lee
Hi Lee - lovely - hasn't the last few days been delicious - spring definitely sprung! You can always tell, because the lawnmower which worked perfectly well in September breaks down (and the nice man who fixes them has a six month waiting list).

I love it!

jonoslack

HI There
Changing counties - back from Cornwall to Suffolk

Here are two cornish pictures with the 18-135

Watch Out Caspar - this is one dangerous guy:

Rioting Hedge:

A couple with the Zeiss planar from suffolk:

this one at f3.2

this one at f5.6

a little PP on this one

all the best

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
HI Bob
Our Baby is 22 - and the skeletons are long since out of the closet!
If you're less than 54 or more than 60, well, okay - if not, then only the sad buggers didn't indulge . . . . . at least a teeny bit (although, of course, we didn't swallow . . . or inhale :ROTFL:)
Mine is 30 ... at home writing her D Phil dissertation so not really age of majority.

Swallowed inhaled indulged...just a bit more discriminating at the present time.

It does allow one a bit of a different perspective....

Bob

Sapphie

Ohh Jono, I nearly couldn't tell the difference between the Zeiss shots and the 18-135, LOL!

Lee

P.S. Really like the Zeiss (and the 18-135 ...)

vincechu

Page 11 already!? slow down guys! I'm struggling to keep up!

I finally got around to PP-ing and uploading, as well as getting a flickr pro account. Just uploaded 100+ to my flickr so I guess I'll just post a few for now, and more across the next few days.

The following with the 18-55WR kit lens. A lot of people seem to dislike this lens, but i find it quite sharp, especially stopped down, and its a great performer CA/fringing wise. Also used a circular polarizer to help retain detail.

1. From the ground up.

From the Ground Up by VinceChu89, on Flickr

2. Keele Uni Chapel

Keele Uni Chapel by VinceChu89, on Flickr

3. Bookshelf pathway (a little distortion here)

Bookshelf pathway by VinceChu89, on Flickr

4. Keele uni library:

Keele University Library by VinceChu89, on Flickr

5. Kit lens bokeh - a little distracting here - but surprisingly round!

IMGP1013 by VinceChu89, on Flickr

6. A good example of bokeh from the kit lens, please excuse the misfocus - the wind blew the flower out of focus :-(

Kit lens bokeh! by VinceChu89, on Flickr

More to come from the 31ltd and my new (used) 17-70mm 2.8-4.5 Sigma macro, but I dont want to hog the thread lol

Oh by the way if anyone else has flickr, please feel free to add me as a contact - I've only really just started using it properly :) a link to my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vincechu89

vincechu

Lee - it seems you're enjoying the 43ltd, did u get the 35 macro in the end?

Jono - I'm really loving the photo of the two cows, kind of reminds me of a set I did of two horses near my uni, though I oversaturated a little in PP. How do you like the Zeiss Planar? I was thinking of getting the 35/2 by zeiss... then a 31ltd crossed my path lol

Benroy - The 21 3.2 is looking very sharp! My favourite of the ones u posted is the first one which has good composition and a nice subject in the tree and bench. However I think it would be even better if you had could tweak the sky to the top left?