The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

jonoslack

Looks like the gent on top was photographing the one below :loco: You were photographing both so who was shooting all of you? :ROTFL:
Hmmm the bee watcher watcher eh?
Actually they were both taking pictures of the beach in flat hazy light - they should have been there a couple of days before when the light sparkled ;)

benroy

Subscriber Member
Carl: just visited your gallery. Wow! That's really good stuff! Thanks for making those wonderful images available to groundlings such as myself.

Roy Benson

Armanius

Now I have just gone and ordered a GH2. Why???!!! At least I will be able to contrast and compare for myself. Why do pics on the computer always look 'better' some time after they have been taken? Maybe they are still 'developing' ...

Lee

AWESOME!!! Wohoo! Another GH2 + K5 owner! :)

JMaher

Leave for a few hours and there are scads of new messages.

Lee, Very nice shot of Cafe Sol but a GH2?? I suspect it is a really nice camera but I am temporarily cured from any desire to purchase another m43. I do have a friend trying to temp me with his new EPL-2 but I am attempting to be true to my new K5:).

Jim

markwon

Here a couple of more from Myrtle Beach:

K5, 18-135 ISO 1600

And here are some casual snaps with the DA* 16-50 (portrait 3 was at f2.8 and ISO6400), last shot with the FA 31. For the DA* using LR3 lens correction helped save time.

JMaher

A few from this evening - just from the backyard.

Both with the 18-135 as I can't seem to make up my mind on what to buy next.

These are what look to be flowers on a large tropical plant that strongly resembles the philodendron house plants we had in the north. As you can tell I'm not a horticulturist.:)

Jim

benroy

Subscriber Member
Continuing workout/tryout of 200/2.8: Impressed with detail in bottle cap, tree bark...all in early morning light.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

scho

There have been serious questions asked about Simeon's cider.

But Tom the Hat prounounced it good
Jono,
Very nice portrait of Tom.
Here a couple of more from Myrtle Beach:
Mark,
Great lighting and composition in the first and nice shot of the aquarium.
A few from this evening - just from the backyard.
Both with the 18-135 as I can't seem to make up my mind on what to buy next.
These are what look to be flowers on a large tropical plant that strongly resembles the philodendron house plants we had in the north. As you can tell I'm not a horticulturist.:)
Jim
Jim,
Beautiful tropical flower shots with great detail.
Oleander is blooming in the garden...shooting with a new 200/2.8
Roy,
Great color and bokeh in the oleander series with the 200. Thank you for the compliments on my web site.

jonoslack

Jim
that is some plant - erm, slightly suggestive!

Roy - lots of great shots . . . I'm having to slap down all thoughts of the 200 (after all, I already have the excellent 60-250).
Amin - how close does the DA 70 focus? nice orchid shot.

Today, it's grey here, and anyway, it's definitely grass cutting day, or we'll end up in even more of a wilderness.

Rich M

Amin....I'll echo what others have said.....nice orchid shot. Orchids aren't the easiest to shoot because you want your focus plane to be relatively wide. Good DOF....creamy bokeh.

This complicates a selling decision. I purchased the DA70 and the FA77 to decide which one I like best (and sell the other). I really like the FA77, but a shot like yours give one pause. Must ponder :rolleyes:

R

Sapphie

Amin

Great shot, now you are 'at it' with the K5!! Doesn't seem to be any K5 sharpness or focus issue there ...

I do really enjoy the threads, photos, comments etc on this forum.

Lee

scho

A male cardinal deftly shelling grey stripe sunflower seeds. K5 + DA 55-300. Shot through a kitchen window.