The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Knorp

Love that Rhino photo Rich, well done!

A few recent favourites of mine...

My eyes seem to prefer the B&W version of this little kitty...(colour version here: LINK)

FA 50mm f1.4, f3.5 @ 1/100th, ISO400
Hi Neil,

really these are all cute kittens, but I like the colour version of the first one. too.

Kind regards.

Rich M

Please tell me when this becomes boring...

6:25am.....sunrise at 6:57am......ISO 25600. This is why I love the K-5.

R

JMaher

Not boring - the animal in the wild shots are great. I hope to have an opportunity to do this one day.

At present the best I can do is take some photos of our cats. Probably should do that!

Jim

Knorp

Great shot Bart.......nice framing. That T/C doesn't seem to degrade the image at all. Is that what you're seeing on a bigger monitor?

R
Thanks Rich, well actually the IQ is degrading somewhat: dead center it's not too bad, but in the corners ... mmm.
That said, let me add that I basically shoot wide open at 2.8(~4,5).
The DA200 is at it's best between 5.6 and 8.0, but that translates to roughly ~9 and ~13 with the T/C resulting in slow speeds or (very) high ISOs.

Kind regards.

Last edited:

Knorp

While some here are shooting big game like rhinos, hippos and lions ...

DA200 and 1.7x T/C
No cropping !