The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Knorp

@Ario: a fine series with different subjects. My favorite is the chess match. Though, I wonder where that Heineken ashtray (?) is coming from.

@Carl: very relaxing shots, you can sense the calmness and peace.

@Jim: what a killer shot ! Is this a wild bird ?

All the very best.

@Bart, that ash tray was given as a promotional gadget by the local Heineken distributor here in the Eastern Italian Alps, but is made in UK.

MalcolmP

Still banging away with the Bigma O/S here:)
A few from an enjoyable day's drinking,errr:eek:,,I mean cricket match.
Worcester v Somerset.
Worcester Cathedral in background on one.
And one of my new semi-project.Hope to see the Kingfishers in better light!, this one at iso "many thousand",thank you K5!:)
Regards
Malcolm

Last edited:

MalcolmP

Hi Rich,yes they are.IQ may not always be the best but 50-500mm does let you walk around with no bag and your beer in the other hand!!!
Really like your South Africa shots by the way,TOP NOTCH!
Malc

Rich M

Hi Rich,yes they are.IQ may not always be the best but 50-500mm does let you walk around with no bag and your beer in the other hand!!!
Really like your South Africa shots by the way,TOP NOTCH!
Malc
Thanks Malcolm.....

I shot mainly the Sigma 100-300 and the 18-135 in SA......but looking at your great Bigma shots, I might have gravitated to that lens due to the versatility on the short side. I changed lenses A LOT......no dust on the sensor though :D

Here's another one from Kruger......wildebeest at a waterhole....early morning.

R

MalcolmP

What a super trip Rich!
I agree,the Bigma could be a very useful option on a dusty safari.Infact hard to think of a more suitable use for it!
Your 100-300mm interests me greatly,I had always aspired to the pentax 60-250mm to replace my smc100-300mm(outresolved and generaly sub par on the k5) and have seen some cracking shots from it,however the lack of a 1.4 teleconvertor(i cant believe Pentax dont think its worth making one)and the old 1.7 adapter being like hens teeth to find! have me looking elsewhere!
Your first posted shots upthread(kite surfers if i remember correctly)blew me away.OK I know your location is ,I assume?usually going to give enough light to show a lens at it best but even so!!!:salute:
Here's a relative of my latest quary(man! I'm finding them hard work)high iso again,gotta love the k5.:)
Regards
Malc

Last edited:

Knorp

Still banging away with the Bigma O/S here:)
A few from an enjoyable day's drinking,errr:eek:,,I mean cricket match.
Worcester v Somerset.
Worcester Cathedral in background on one.
And one of my new semi-project.Hope to see the Kingfishers in better light!, this one at iso "many thousand",thank you K5!:)
Regards
Malcolm
Hi there Malcom,

That BIGMA still is ever so tempting: but I've got a 1.7x T/C for my 200 now.
Fine series and a good b/w action shot.

Kind regards.

B

BG4ever

Hi guys! A lot of great pics... Thx all for postig.
I recently buyed a K5 with 18-135mm zoom and I'm really happy about. It's my first Reflex, so please forgive me if I'll post some bad pics.. ;-)

benroy

Subscriber Member
Malcom: beautiful bird image

Vladimir: never mind the arms...wonderful atmosphere...where are the snow drifts?

BG4ever: welcome to the thread...very nice orchid image.

JMaher

Malcom - Have to agree with Roy - great image.

Vladimir - very nice skyline.

BG4ever - love the first post with the child above the crowd. Very sharp. What lens are you using?

Jim