The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

MalcolmP

TommyK-welcome,great colour and a spectacular looking event.
Jim-Fire&Smoke,very cool!
A few from recent days,an Autograss event and a scrap(junk)yard that I've had my eye on and only just managed to catch the 80yr old owner there.
Autograss all with Sigma 50-500 OS.Scrapyard all with 18-55 kit lens.Some with alternative p/p just for giggles.
Regards
Malcolm

Last edited:
T

tommykoktebel

Few shots with good old M50/1,7..real bargain if You can stand Manual focus & 1/2 inch depth of field wideopened

raist3d

Should give it a try, I suppose. Very accessible. Bus stop right next to it. And the K-5 has pretty good high-ISO performance too.
I think maybe trying even a tripod shot, low light with that kind of environment. I wonder even if long exposures with people running around in a blanket with a flash light inside or something. Or just use flash to have people around sitting and create an eerie bar atmosphere… just ideas.

I don't know how likely it would be for the cops to stop by and ask you a few questions though :)

I suppose what I am trying to say is I think I would go to that location a few times (night or day) and try to get / try a lot of things on it. Seems interesting.

- Raist

mediumcool

I think maybe trying even a tripod shot, low light with that kind of environment. I wonder even if long exposures with people running around in a blanket with a flash light inside or something. Or just use flash to have people around sitting and create an eerie bar atmosphere… just ideas.

I don't know how likely it would be for the cops to stop by and ask you a few questions though :)

I suppose what I am trying to say is I think I would go to that location a few times (night or day) and try to get / try a lot of things on it. Seems interesting.

- Raist
I’m not that kind of photographer! What I do is found scenes, with no messing around—boring really … ;o)

Charles2

Inverted blurred luminance channel blended with original.
Does a lot to bring out detail and tame the harsh contrast.

Last edited:

mediumcool

Inverted blurred luminance channel blended with original.
Does a lot to bring out detail and tame the harsh contrast.

Um, this processing makes it look as though it was shot with expired or fogged film (see shadows reading below) …

Ugly to my mind.

raist3d

Concept only, done on Web JPG not a raw file. Shows the detail is there.
Charles and others- I would really appreciate if you do not alter my photographs or at least ask for permission of it first. I would kindly ask if you could please remove any altered photographs of mine you have in a website or gallery or for link. Thanks.

I have already post processed this differently to tone down the contrast a bit. I will post them later. But please, stop using my photographs. Thanks.

- Ricardo

PS: I don't agree with the processing either. Again, I have to upload the news ones I did, where it looks better.

Charles2

Deletion of altered photo

Charles and others... please remove any altered photographs of mine you have in a website or gallery or for link.
My apologies. I deleted the altered photo from the gallery and my post, but mediumcool might need to delete his follow-on usage of it. My apologies to him, too.