The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

mediumcool

Another waterslide shot processed yesterday.

K-5 • 16–45 @ 24 • 1/1000 f8 • iso200 • processed C1 (no keystone correction or crop!)

T

tommykoktebel

Hi, everybody...few snaps of Nature...I like the Place so really much!

Knorp

Hi there Silas,

as many has reported before it seems to be an excellent lens indeed for both general purpose and close-up photography.
Hope to see more results of your new K5 :)

Happy shooting !

silasslack

Yes... I got it mostly because I'd heard it makes a great 'standard' lens... The macro is a real bonus though!

Cheers

S

Hi there Silas,

as many has reported before it seems to be an excellent lens indeed for both general purpose and close-up photography.

Happy shooting !

silasslack

So, On your recommendation I now have the SMC-A 50 f1.4 (arrived today!). It's lovely!....

f/1.4 1/2500 :-

f/4.5 1/125 :-

Hi there Silas,

Happy shooting !

raist3d

I was really split which lens to get- the DA 35mm macro Limited or the DA 40mm... Tough choice for me- on one end the DA 40mm focuses *hyperfast* and has an interesting focal length for street life. But so does that macro.

On the other the macro will be slower. I wonder how much slower. IN the end though given I did buy the telephoto macro, and I love using it for street life also, I think it's fine, as much as I loved the idea of having all DA limiteds only.

- Raist

raist3d

Yup, K-30 is coming. I have on a good word from a little bird that is due to be announced next week. I think having a K-5 like performance sensor wise *and* weather sealing at that price with those ergonomics sure seems interesting.

Oh and 100% view finder! weather sealing + 100% view finder is unheard of at that price range.

Of course, this also means the successor of the K-5 is coming up. I am afraid Pentax will put more megapixies. I wish they stayed at 16.

- Raist

Knorp

Yup, K-30 is coming. I have on a good word from a little bird that is due to be announced next week. I think having a K-5 like performance sensor wise *and* weather sealing at that price with those ergonomics sure seems interesting.

Oh and 100% view finder! weather sealing + 100% view finder is unheard of at that price range.

Of course, this also means the successor of the K-5 is coming up. I am afraid Pentax will put more megapixies. I wish they stayed at 16.

- Raist
Hi there Ricardo,

surely you've no objections against a FF 24mp Kn ?
I'd love one, but then it would render my DA lenses (16-50,200) useless ...

Kind regards.

mediumcool

surely you've no objections against a FF 24mp Kn?
The existence of DA lenses is a real stumbling block for a potential FF Pentax; my 12–24 and 16–45 would have to be replaced with entirely new lenses which don’t exist, 18–36 and 24–63 or so. Maybe they would push the longer lens up to 24–70. ;)

Don’t see it happening …

raist3d

Hi there Ricardo,

surely you've no objections against a FF 24mp Kn ?

Kind regards.
No, but I have objections against APS-C with 24 mp. It will be a workflow clog, very few lenses will take real advantage of it and the super high ISO performance I am used to see from the K-5 may go down a notch.

- Ricardo

Knorp

The existence of DA lenses is a real stumbling block for a potential FF Pentax; my 12–24 and 16–45 would have to be replaced with entirely new lenses which don’t exist, 18–36 and 24–63 or so. Maybe they would push the longer lens up to 24–70. ;)

Don’t see it happening …
Me neither, just look at Pentax' roadmap for 2012-2013: only DA lenses.
But one can always dream ...

Kind regards.

Knorp

No, but I have objections against APS-C with 24 mp. It will be a workflow clog, very few lenses will take real advantage of it and the super high ISO performance I am used to see from the K-5 may go down a notch.

- Ricardo
You're presumably right Ricardo, but look at Nikon they've got a FF 36mp sensor that seems to be highly regarded.
It's feasable so why not a 24mp APS-C sensor ?
Oh well, only time will tell.

Kind regards.