The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

mediumcool

Part of a series checking out a new lens

K-5 with Vivitar 28mm f2; 1/640 f2.8, iso 400. Great bokeh evident at f2.8.

mediumcool

Vivitar, I guess it was pretty cheap? Is this the kit lens that comes with their film DSLR?

- Raist
It’s about twenty years old, and a fixed focal length lens. Will be selling it, as I just received a 24mm which is my preferred focal length. Cost me a bit over $100. :D

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Pentax K5 IIs

We'll know for sure today, but the rumors have that this new K5 will have a 16MP sensor with no AA filter. As they are owned by Ricoh I would guess this will be the same Sony sensor that Ricoh uses in the A16 zoom module for the GXR. I have that and it is really, really good. Sean Reid says it's the best APSC sensor he has tested.

Keith

Haunted Texas - Pentax K5 and DA* 16-50mm

I have been wanting to photograph this old, abandoned school for over a year. I finally made the trip from Dallas to Crockett, Texas with a friend this weekend to see what we could get. The forecast was calling for rain but somehow we managed to avoid it. The old school is or is not haunted, depending on your research sources. Personally, I don't believe in ghosts or hauntings but this old building has the stereotypical look of a place that might be haunted.

This school was built in the late 1800s and closed its doors for numerous reasons in the 1970s. The roof and upper levels of the school have collapsed and the building is quite dangerous. I did (like a fool) enter the building and shot numerous frames inside but the best you will get from this old structure is the exterior. You can read more about this old school at this link:

Shot with the Pentax K5 and the DA* 16-50mm

Last edited:

Knorp

Pretty gruesome and it must have been quite a battle, you can still see the wasp's sting.
Good shot and I like the off-centre composition showing a bit of the cobweb as well.

All the best.