The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

jonoslack

Hi There Keith
Does the sensor make a noticeable difference with the 18-135 (I always liked that lens, despite the rude remarks at photozone and others).

all the best

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi There Keith
Does the sensor make a noticeable difference with the 18-135 (I always liked that lens, despite the rude remarks at photozone and others).

all the best
Jono

I sold my K5 before I took delivery of the K5lls, but I do have the K-01 which some say has a slightly improved image over the K5. The K5lls shows a significant improvement over that. It is definitely crisper. But the color also seems better to me - better tonal variation. You don't have to pixel peep to see the improvement, you can see it even with 1000px images.

My 18-135 is my favorite zoom. With the waterfall picture in the K-01 thread I did the same shot with my 70mm Ltd and the difference was not obvious to me. The new sensor improves all the lenses. I am not surprised because as I have mentioned before, the Ricoh sensors that have no AA are also really good, both 12Mp and 16Mp.

I took my first pics in sunshine today with the K5lls, so I am making my way through them - I'll post a few more if they deserve it :D

Keith

neilvan

Got a break from the clouds today so I finally got a chance to get out with my K-5 IIs in decent light (even though it was mid-day :rolleyes:). It's hard to tell with web-sized photos but the level of detail in these is fantastic.

All with K-5 IIs and Zeiss 25mm Distagon ZK.

jonoslack

Lovely Bart
I've been doing that today as well . . . . however, your's are clearly let down by that AA filter in your K5 . . . don't you think it's time to shell out for the K5 IIs we all know you're going to buy?

Knorp

Lovely Bart
I've been doing that today as well . . . . however, your's are clearly let down by that AA filter in your K5 . . . don't you think it's time to shell out for the K5 IIs we all know you're going to buy?
Mmm, now let me see: if you say mine are let down by the AA filter and you have been doing this as well and yours, apparently, are not let down, then that leads me to this conclusion: you already got the K5IIs !
Congratulations and some proof please ... :lecture:

:p :p :p

Thank you and all the best.

jonoslack

Mmm, now let me see: if you say mine are let down by the AA filter and you have been doing this as well and yours, apparently, are not let down, then that leads me to this conclusion: you already got the K5IIs !
Congratulations and some proof please ... :lecture:

:p :p :p

Thank you and all the best.
Well, there was me, I was just going to press the BUY button at warehouse express, and LO - they are out of stock :cry::cry:

However I'm not quite sure how you construed that mine were not let down by an AA filter (and anyway, I might have been using my M9 mightn't I? :p

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Lovely Bart
When one or both of you two summon the nerve to buy this thing, I suggest you start another thread for it. I haven't felt up to it since I became the lonely poster over in the K-01 thread :D:D:D

Keith

jonoslack

When one or both of you two summon the nerve to buy this thing, I suggest you start another thread for it. I haven't felt up to it since I became the lonely poster over in the K-01 thread :D:D:D

Keith
I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on the K-01. I thought it was a really brave move, and when I saw one in the wild I thought it looked lovely.

. . . . and on a more serious note, I know I need a dSLR equivalent to go along with my Leica - I already have the OMD, but I'm dithering between keeping it, buying the K5 IIs . . and selling out and buying an A99.

Knorp

Keith
Keith,

you poor lonely K-01 owner, didn't you know you should always wait for Jono ?
He's the pathfinder, so to speak, or better still the forum's Cavia Porcellus..
:ROTFL:

OTOH you're a fortunate man having a thread all to yourself :grin:

All the best.

Knorp

I
. . . . and on a more serious note, I know I need a dSLR equivalent to go along with my Leica - I already have the OMD, but I'm dithering between keeping it, buying the K5 IIs . . and selling out and buying an A99.
I'd say buy the A99, you know you want to ... :p
Besides, you still own 1 or 2 fine A-lenses and you're a Sony-man anyway :grin:

All the best.