The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

jonoslack

Rich - Lovely close up black and whites
Keith - I had that fine Sigma lens (never could manage the criticism of Sigma).

Rich M

A few more from this past Sunday. Perfect boogie boarding conditions...4-6' faces.....no trades, glassy conditions. Nice barrels.

K-5 iiS and DA*300mm. This combo acquires focus MUCH faster than with the K-5.

R

Rich M

That's good news, if you're shooting fast moving subjects.
But how about accuracy, Rich ?

All the best.
Bart.....so far I have just shot a few lenses. The DA*200 was very slow to focus on the K5, and had a (-) 7 micro adjustment.

It now focuses faster and has a (-) 1 micro adjustment. It is difficult to ascertain accuracy, but I know where you are coming from. It locks focus more rapidly.....and those shots are in focus.

The DA*300 has become my walk-around lenses (;)).......it has found new life on the new body.

The FA primes all required micro adjustment on the K-5....using LensAlign on the new body, they show that no adjustment is required.

R