The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Steam with the K5 IIs

Hope I am not boring you guys with my fixation on old, steam locomotives. I can't help myself when it comes to these old engines. This one was taken as the old locomotive was just coming out of the barn in Grapevine, Texas. Steam was swirling everywhere and there was something about this one that I really liked.

Re: Steam with the K5 IIs

Hope I am not boring you guys with my fixation on old, steam locomotives.
Jim-certainly not:thumbup:
I can't match that but here's a shot from the weekend.Nottingham power station.
Regards
Malcolm
Well, it's not a competition but I would love to be able to photograph those cooling towers on a cold winters day.. I assume there would be a lot more steam/vapor coming out of them.. I can see it looking very impressive.

seakayaker

Uh... no vistas like this near Dallas... envy.... think I'll go take a shot of storm drain.. love both of them.
. . . . . but spring in Texas with fields of Bluebonnets and Indian Paint Brush is a sight to behold.

Thanks for your kind words, they are appreciated.

seakayaker

Hi Dan:

Very nice; west of the Cascades? Near Concrete (one of my favorite town names)?

Tom
Photographs were taken south of route 20, west of I5 between Mt. Vernon & LaConner, WA this past Saturday. Saturday and Sunday were just two beautiful days up here in the great Northwest!

tsjanik

Photographs were taken south of route 20, west of I5 between Mt. Vernon & LaConner, WA this past Saturday. Saturday and Sunday were just two beautiful days up here in the great Northwest!
I wasn't too far off. My wife and I have made many trips to the Cascades via I-5 to 20 through Mablemount. Many evenings before the flight home at Rockport State Park - a wonderful site.

Tom

seakayaker

A few more from Saturday's trip to the Skagit Valley . . . . .

Berries

Farm Fresh

Scale

. . . . . on Saturday night there was Strawberry Shortcake, and Sunday there was a Strawberry Rhubarb pie, last night some more strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream, and tonight blueberries, strawberries, and melon for desert after dinner!

seakayaker

I wasn't too far off. My wife and I have made many trips to the Cascades via I-5 to 20 through Mablemount. Many evenings before the flight home at Rockport State Park - a wonderful site.

Tom
A trip across Route 20 over to Winthrop is fantastic, especially on a motorcycle!

Originally from the east coast, moved here in 1996 and the Northwest certainly won over my heart. It is beautiful!

tsjanik

A trip across Route 20 over to Winthrop is fantastic, especially on a motorcycle!

Originally from the east coast, moved here in 1996 and the Northwest certainly won over my heart. It is beautiful!
I've made that trip (not in a motorcycle though); the climate difference on the eastern side is dramatic and occurs over such a short distance as to be startling.

MalcolmP

Re: Steam with the K5 IIs

Well, it's not a competition but I would love to be able to photograph those cooling towers on a cold winters day.. I assume there would be a lot more steam/vapor coming out of them.. I can see it looking very impressive.
Hi Jim,
Definitely a good idea and something I hope to do.
Can be a bit of a hit or miss subject matter to travel to on this side of the pond though(I don't know how it is with you),due to the switch away from coal and onto biofuel and the limited allowable running hours that a lot of stations have had imposed upon them and thus timing the visit. No real coherent energy policy here it seems to me.But that's a whole different box of frogs!:)
Regards
Malcolm