The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

seakayaker

Shirts in the Closet

Black & White then Color

PENTAX K-5 II s ~ smc PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited with HD Pentax-DA AF Rear Converter 1.4X AW ~ ISO 1600 ~ 1/125 ~ f/1.8

seakayaker

Evening Garden Roses

Color then Black & White

PENTAX K-5 II s ~ smc PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited with HD Pentax-DA AF Rear Converter 1.4X AW ~ ISO 1600 ~ 1/125 ~ f/1.8

seakayaker

View out to the Cascade Mountain Range across Green Lake From the Phinney Ridge Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Color then Black & White

PENTAX K-5 II s ~ smc PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited with HD Pentax-DA AF Rear Converter 1.4X AW ~ ISO 200 ~ 1/250 ~ f/13

seakayaker

7/1/2014 ~ It's 6:37 PM and 96 degrees fahrenheit at Green Lake, Green Lake Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO 100 ~ 1/500 ~ f5.6

seakayaker

6/27/2014 ~ Evening Lights on Coupeville Pier ~ Coupeville, Whidbey Island, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ with HD Pentax-DA AF Rear Converter 1.4X AW ~ ISO 100 ~ 41 Seconds ~ f/32

seakayaker

6/27/2014 ~ Lilly at Lavender Farm, Whidbey Island, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ with HD Pentax-DA AF Rear Converter 1.4X AW + ND Filter ~ ISO 100 ~ 1/4 ~ f/20

seakayaker

6/28/2014 ~ Tugboat Moving North through the Admiralty Straight as viewed from Fort Casey State Park, Coupeville, Whidbey Island, WA across to Port Townsend, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR with HD Pentax-DA AF Rear Converter 1.4X AW ~ ISO 400 ~ 1/200 ~ f16

seakayaker

View from Coupeville Town Dock of Sailboats at Moorings on Penn Cove, Coupeville, Whidbey Island, WA

PENTAX K-5 II s ~ SMC PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited ~ 1/125 ~ f/22 ~ ISO 1600

Rich M

First of all I want to thank Dan and Bart for keeping this thread alive. I would visit often and marvel at their steady craftsmanship.

To my dismay, my photography has languished. Too many platforms, too little time. The constant firmament has been my Pentax's......never to be sold, no matter what.

There is a satisfying feeling picking up a K-camera......the heft, the solidity, the molded to your hand, the controls, the shutter sound, the resistance to the elements.....it is refreshing.

Here are a few very eclectic shots using the DA20-40 and an uberfast, rejuvenated and reinvigorated DA*60-250.

Again....thank you Dan and Bart.

Kite dancer

benroy

Subscriber Member
Well said, Rich! Dan and Bart's images continue to grace these pages and keep the thread alive...good to see that you are still active and sharing your fine pics!.

Roy Benson

Knorp

Hi there Rich,

good to see you're still hanging on to your Pentax (K3 ... :bugeyes:].
It's exactly for that "heft" why I like my K; not too heavy, not too light and fitting perfectly in my hands.
Some fine shots you're showing here and I find that kite dancer really cute ... :)

First of all I want to thank Dan and Bart for keeping this thread alive. I would visit often and marvel at their steady craftsmanship.

To my dismay, my photography has languished. Too many platforms, too little time. The constant firmament has been my Pentax's......never to be sold, no matter what.

There is a satisfying feeling picking up a K-camera......the heft, the solidity, the molded to your hand, the controls, the shutter sound, the resistance to the elements.....it is refreshing.

Here are a few very eclectic shots using the DA20-40 and an uberfast, rejuvenated and reinvigorated DA*60-250.

Kind regards.

seakayaker

Moon Eat Crow, NW Market St, Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO 100 ~ 1/320 ~ f6.3

seakayaker

Kite dancer

Rich, the Pentax thread may grow if you keep up the good work and showing us all the finer attractions in Hawaii! ;) :D

Thank you for your kind words, they are appreciated.

Rich M

Dan and Bart......I will become a more frequent poster (fingers crossed). Not to say I will abandon my mirrorless cameras......but they led me astray. I became a tad obsessed with thinking that the photo started with the lens I had on the camera.....and believe me, I have a long lifetime of accumulating legacy glass.

So, I got a little skewed lol.......the day would start with "what lens will I shoot today?", instead of grabbing a camera and going out to shoot.

The K-cameras pretty much solve that......just go shoot.

Thanks for your comments.......I better go out now, the wind's picking up :p

seakayaker

Not to say I will abandon my mirrorless cameras......but they led me astray.

Thanks for your comments.......I better go out now, the wind's picking up :p
Rich, I still use my M9 and post over in the Leica threads, like tonight.

With cameras, just like motorcycles, sometimes you can have more than one, if not many, and find time to enjoy them all!

. . . . . if it will get you out more I will pray for wind, and look forward to seeing the results! ;)