The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

tsjanik

R.E.M. island, build in Cork - Ireland. Former commercial tv station and observatory at the north sea, now in use as a restaurant in the Amsterdam harbour (Het IJ).

Interesting restaurant Bart; I'd advise moderation in wine consumption with dinner before attempting the stairs.

The blue signs: One clearly indicates a source of water; the other ?

Tom

seakayaker

Mystery Bay at the Northlake Shipyard, N Northlake Way, Wallingford Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO100 ~ 1/500 ~ f4.0

seakayaker

Foss Tugboat Wasp with Foss 300 Crane Barge moving inbound in the Large Lock, Hiram M. Chittenden Locks (Ballard Locks), Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

SMC PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited ~ ISO100 ~ 1/500 ~ f4.5

Knorp

Interesting restaurant Bart; I'd advise moderation in wine consumption with dinner before attempting the stairs.
Tom, I'm sure there's an elevator for such rare occasions :D

The blue signs: One clearly indicates a source of water; the other ?

Tom
It's my guess it indicates to shippers were they can offload there cars.
As you can see in the crop it's a concrete pier specially designed for that purpose.
Though it beats me were to find the water tap.

Kind regards.

seakayaker

In my imagination the owner has all the toys, a Pram for Crabbing, Cutter Rigged Sailboat for Cruising, & a fishing vessel to take friends out fishing, and all docked outside the house ~ Lake Washington Ship Canal, Ballard Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~PENTAX K-5 II s ~ SMC PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited ~ ISO100 ~ 1/800 ~ f5.6

seakayaker

Old Tree ~ Industrial Area of the Georgetown Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~PENTAX K-5 II s ~ SMC PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited ~ ISO100 ~ 1/320 ~ f2.2

tsjanik

Foss Tug Boat and Barge about to pass under the Ballard Bridge, Lake Washington Ship Canal, Seattle, WA

Pentax K5IIs ~ SMC Pentax DFA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR ~ ISO100 ~ 1/500 ~ f5.6
Dan,

Nice, you're fortunate to live in such a wonderful area. I've been to Seattle enough to know that Fred Meyers is a grocery store; Larry's was my favorite. We always stopped there on our way to the N. Cascades.

Tom

Hi all!
beautiful photos!
I have a photo I would like to show you. I took it during final of Tour the Pologne in Krakow on Main square. I have sit 100m from straight from start ramp and shoot pictures. Mostly with Tokina 500m f/8 lens and DA*60-250.
Bikers run about 40-50km/h it was fun to follow them with manual focus.
My favorite with Tokina 500 f/8:

full reportage: here

tsjanik

Hi all!
beautiful photos!
I have a photo I would like to show you. I took it during final of Tour the Pologne in Krakow on Main square. I have sit 100m from straight from start ramp and shoot pictures. Mostly with Tokina 500m f/8 lens and DA*60-250.
Bikers run about 40-50km/h it was fun to follow them with manual focus.
My favorite with Tokina 500 f/8:
I really like the reflection in the goggles.

Last edited:

seakayaker

Dan,

Nice, you're fortunate to live in such a wonderful area. I've been to Seattle enough to know that Fred Meyers is a grocery store; Larry's was my favorite. We always stopped there on our way to the N. Cascades.

Tom
Tom if you are ever passing through and have time for a quick walk about send a long an email, would be happy to meet up with you.

Where in the North Cascades to do you hang out?

tsjanik

What in the world are you goggling at, Tom ?
:D

Kind regards.
Fixed it, thanks Bart. I have been spending too much time on the internet, googling and goggling :). Interesting that both google and goggle describe something that helps you "see".

Tom

tsjanik

Tom if you are ever passing through and have time for a quick walk about send a long an email, would be happy to meet up with you.

Where in the North Cascades to do you hang out?
Dan:

Thanks I will. It's been quite a few years since my wife and I were in the Cascades. We have a number of favorite hikes (Park Butte, Sahale Arm, Hidden Lake, Lake Ann (both), etc.). The one constant is the night before flying out of Seattle, we would stay at Rockport State Park. Just a lovely place with good showers.

Some very old shots that I happen to have on this computer; not with a K5, but a Pentax LX, so I guess it's OK.
Two from a spectacular thunderstorm and rainbow above Lake Ann, Park Butte, Hidden Lake and Sahale.

Tom

1997Ncascade171 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

1997Ncascade175mod by tsjanik47, on Flickr

DS081230193921 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

DS081230100955 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

DS081229201352 by tsjanik47, on Flickr