The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax K5 Review

Terry

Read the review. Haven't read his K7 review. Not sure I understand his enthusiasm for the kit lens. Not a lot of love for it around here.

scho

Read the review. Haven't read his K7 review. Not sure I understand his enthusiasm for the kit lens. Not a lot of love for it around here.
Agree, although I haven't personally used the kit lens. I do have the 18-135 and at least my copy is excellent. Very sharp wide open (f/5.6) at 135mm.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I always had a higher opinion about him and his reviews.

Seems to me that he writes what he has to write in order to make money.

No further comments!

vincechu

I quite enjoy Steve's reviews, more down to earth than highly technical review sites with test charts, and I find that refreshing.

The k5 review was good, I was hoping he'd upload more photos showing the k5's capabilities off more though

stevem8

Thanks guys! As for the making money comment..well, I wish that were true!!
Lol. The K5 is one hell of a DSLR and I enjoyed it more than just about ANY DSLR of recent times. For me there really were no flaws. As for the kit lens, didn't use it that much but when I did, it outperformed just about any kit lens i have used to date. Key word is KIT LENS. Thanks guys!