The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

(k-5) Walking around yesterday with a friend...

raist3d

Thanks- used DA21mm and DA70mm...

Very nice Ricardo. That 70 is a sweet little lens.
And those are at the moment the only lenses I have. My next "stop" is the DA35 Macro and the 14-50 (or whatever the focal range is) DA* Gold zoom for the wedding work. Looks like the kit lens on the tele photo zoom 55-200mm is quite acceptable so may go with that for the tele shots.

- Raist

vincechu

Excellent photos - The colour is spot on, may I ask if they were out of camera?

Looks like the guy with the Canon wearing a hat was eyeing up your K5!

My favourites are the 1st and last ones of your second post, the 1st ones really interesting how you put the reflection on top, it drew me into the photo trying to make sense of it.

Sapphie

Hi

Nice shots! I remember a while ago you were having problems with inconsistent focus on the K5. Did you overcome that, and if so, how? I am getting it too, different lenses, different lightings, different scenes etc. Some shots are Ok, others just not. I can't put my finger on the cause, not even sure if it is back/front focus issue.

Seems to happen mostly with relatively close subjects, eg a tree from a few feet away.

I hope it's not just camera shake!

Lee

raist3d

Hi

Nice shots! I remember a while ago you were having problems with inconsistent focus on the K5. Did you overcome that, and if so, how? I am getting it too, different lenses, different lightings, different scenes etc. Some shots are Ok, others just not. I can't put my finger on the cause, not even sure if it is back/front focus issue.

Seems to happen mostly with relatively close subjects, eg a tree from a few feet away.

I hope it's not just camera shake!

Lee
It's Front Focus and usually in low light particularly warm light. In daylight overall the focus is fast and nice. Pentax should really fix this. In the meantime I am trying to learn to manually focus.

- Raist