The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

(K-5) DA 70mm =- SF IBR shots....

raist3d

Took this while eating after spending some time with some friends at the San Francisco IBR (international bear rednevous). All of these shots using manual focus and shot through glass.

- Raist

biglouis

Impressive. I particularly like the colour shot of the woman hailing the taxi. The colours and the isolation from the background really make the picture 'pop'. And they are also very sharp.

jonoslack

HI Ricardo
I like the black and white shot of the girl better - grand - just right.
. . . . but I mustn't be tempted to more lenses! (having just fallen big time).

scho

Ricardo,

Very nice images. How was the manual focusing experience with the K5? Did you use the viewfinder or LV?

raist3d

Ricardo,

Very nice images. How was the manual focusing experience with the K5? Did you use the viewfinder or LV?
View finder only. Using LV would defeat the purpose of what I am trying to do. It's tough. But then all DSLR's have made this task almost impossible compared to the film era. I have only found a Sony A900 to be ok and the K-5 barely ok. I am still trying it out to see how I feel about it.

This is sad to say but I am beginning to give up on the AF of the K-5. I either learn MF well or the camera probably has to go. There's one more issue bothering me a bit too but I want more data before I write about it.

- Raist

JMaher

Raist,

Hopefully you can resolve your K5 focusing issues. I think you have taken some great shots and have helped show us the value in the K5. I wish my focusing experiences had been more positive but I have considered getting back in with a new body and writing off my negative experiences to my original equipment. I look forward to hearing about your experiences and the other issue.

Jim