The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the 645D

D&A

Hi Laurence,

Fantastic 1st post with equally impressive images. Welcome and it's nice to have another 645D shooter amoung us.

Dave (D&A)

Analog6

Laurence, those are fantastic, I particularly like the Trondheim one. An area on my wish list to visit one day, funds permitting.

D&A

Tom,

Love the soft delicate nature of the image...and the colors are vivid yet subtle and soft-like, not overwhelming. A most attractive picture. I haven't worked much with any of the extension tubes but your image certainly makes that prospect inviting.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

gurtch

No Pictures to post, but I have a question for the board. I have quite a few 645 A lenses (manual focus), as well as FA lenses. The advantage of the FA versions, is that ACR knows what lens etc was used, and I can apply their built in lens corrections. Wonderful feature. Do you think a firmware update could be issued, that would allow me to manually select a MF lens from a list, so the file would have lens info in it? I could then hand select the lens from ACR for lens correction. I now can do it: if I remember which shots were made with, say, the 75mm A lens, I select in ACR the 75mm FA lens, and it makes the corrections.
What do you think? Can we "petition" Pentax to do it, if its possible?
Thanks in advance
Dave

tsjanik

Sorry to hear that Steven, we'll miss your posts. I saw your M9 for sale at another forum, so I knew something was up. Good luck with your new system.

Tom

aboudd

645D with 120 macro, 200 ISO. Liked this one so much I decided to make it the opening page on my web site.
:D I am now officially in love with the 645D ... until the D2 comes along.

Last edited:

aboudd

Oh, one more from an assignment. This is three stitched images, shot with the 45-85 (@45MM)

No Stephen, you can't have the camera back. :ROTFL:

Last edited:

Shashin

645D with 120 macro, 200 ISO. Liked this one so much I decided to make it the opening page on my web site.
Wonderful.

Don't be taking any guff from those that say the 645D is not a "real" MFD camera.

kuau

Workshop Member
Aboudd,
Nice work.
I new my camera would end up in good hands....
Still putting together my new system.

Steven

D&A

Impressive Aboud! Many (including myself) have been singing the praises of the 645D...for it's excellent image quality and most of all, it's performance/price ratio.

Your first posted image is strikingly unique and I can see how it makes a great home page image. Looking forward to seeing more.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

aboudd

Hands on fun with the 645D

Remember how Wilson never showed his face on Home Improvement?

Last edited:

Shashin

I received an A 120mm lens this week. Here are some results. The only processing was some contrast changes to the lake image--the others are straight out of the camera.

johnnygoesdigital

These are some great posts, as I consider the 645D too. The sensor is the exact same Kodak KAF 40000, as the Hasselblad H4D/40, that I use to own, so I don't know why anyone wouldn't consider the 645D to be a real MFD. The 645 D has a few things I think are essential for MFD, such as weather sealing. Yes, I know I can't switch DB's, but at these great prices one could adapt! Any thoughts to only 50,000 shutter clicks?

D&A

I received an A 120mm lens this week. Here are some results. The only processing was some contrast changes to the lake image--the others are straight out of the camera.
The Pentax 120 f4 macro, both in MF and Af incarnations is one of Pentax's finest lenses for their 645 system...and no doubt in print, your images Shashin must look lovely...especially some of the flower ones.

Johnny, yes, the 645D is a very viable MFD alternative, especially for the money. Careful lens selection (including picking out those samples that perform best) will only enhance the already good performace of the camera. The 50,000 shutter click estmate on the shutter doesn't have me worried. As you well know, no one fires these cameras like say a Canon or Nikon DSLR and I believe and hope Pentax will be quite reasonable if ever the shutter needs attention. I think when all things are taken into accont, the camera gives one a lot for their money.

Dave (D&A)