The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the 645D

gurtch

645D 35mm A lens f13, tripod, mirror lock up.ISO 200 or 400 I think.
Dave
Thanks for not commenting. A pretty bad example of HDR. I'm obviously still learning. I will stick to my polarizer and grad NDs. Two more 645D, 45~85 lens, polarizer, f13 monopod:
Dave

Last edited:

gurtch

Pentax 300mm A* with 1.4X

I tested my 300mm A* today with and without 1.4 X Dedicated extender. I am very pleased with the sharpness. Shutter priority at 1/400 sec, mirror lock up. Camera selected f13 (reads f9 in data because of extender). First is a small jpg of entire frame. Second is a crop at actual pixels with 1.4X on the lens.
Best
Dave

Last edited:

aboudd

Georgetown Marina Pano. 3 frames on 645D with 120 macro. Udo told me this was the lens to keep.

Last edited:

D&A

Dave (D&A): I LOVE the fireworks shot. Just for fun, I made an irregular outline around the obtrusive part and used Content Aware Fill. Hope you don't mind. I deleted it from my PC right after I posted.
Great shot....
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ
Hi Dave,

Don't mind at all. Actually two things about the image. I posted it quickly without any of the ussual color correction. Monument should be a bit more neutral. I actually left the partial building in the botton right hand corner on purpose when framing the shot, since this adds to the "sense of place"...but some might prefer it removed. I ussually shoot from a completely different vantage point but when the fireworks were about to start, the Dept of transportaion moved two large light towers right in the middle of the field of view and so thats why only part of the lower right hand building is shown. Thanks for the alternative view!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Georgetown Marina Pano. 3 frames on 645D with 120 macro. Udo told me this was the lens to keep.
Aboud, lovely shot! Both the645 MF 120 macro and the FA 120 macro are two of the best lenses for the 645D, hands down!

Dave (D&A)

tsjanik

Badlands, SD. The most amazing thunderstorm I've ever seen. Cloud-to-cloud and cloud-to-ground flashes for 3-4 hours. 30 sec exposure, so movement is visible in the clouds and the brush. 35mm A

D&A

In a word...Wow....thats quite a capture (and storm too)! A week or so ago I was driving long distances and was caught in some tremendous lighting storms but as always the location I was at and the backgound and conditions, just didn't lend itself to any imagery. Well done! The movement of the clouds due to length of exposure, didn't detract from this image, in my opinion.

Dave (D&A)

tsjanik

Thanks Dave. Here's another from the same trip. A sheep dog who seemed to think my car was part of the flock.

tsjanik

Thanks Bill. I have to say I missed many wonderful images during this storm, but I'm happy to have a few.

Tom

johnnygoesdigital

Hi,

I am very curious about the 645D. What is the fastest flash sync I can get using wireless. I know the published speed is 1/125, but also it's mentioned that high sync speed can be achieved with wireless. Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Shashin

The camera manual says high speed sync and wireless are compatible with the Pentax AF540FGZ and AF360FGZ flash models. You may be able to download the manual for those units from the Pentax website.

johnnygoesdigital

The camera manual says high speed sync and wireless are compatible with the Pentax AF540FGZ and AF360FGZ flash models. You may be able to download the manual for those units from the Pentax website.
Hi Shashin,

Thanks for the reply, I would be interested in using this with a strobe kit with multiple flash heads and a wireless trigger. If I could get a higher flash sync, say 1/400 to 1/800, I would have ordered this camera already. Thanks.

D&A

Hi Shashin,

Thanks for the reply, I would be interested in using this with a strobe kit with multiple flash heads and a wireless trigger. If I could get a higher flash sync, say 1/400 to 1/800, I would have ordered this camera already. Thanks.
There's been a lot of discussion about this (top flash sync spped possible with the 645D) in other forums and evidence is scattered...meaning nothing with absolute certainty, one way or another. At least I haven't been totally convienced. With one of the Pentax manual focus LS lenses (which are plentiful and downright cheap), I think someone said they got their 645D to flash sync with a LS lens to 1/500th.

I've used on occasion a couple of the latest Pentax 540 FGZ flashes with the 645D, but sync speed was at or below 1/125 for what I was shooting. I've been mostly on location with the camera as opposed to in the studio, otherwise I would have been using a multi strobe set-up and possibly would have had more definitive answers for you. I may in the future borrow one of the LS lenses and do some testing.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Same storm in the Badlands, as it approached. 45-85 @f/22, 8 sec exposure.
Tom, you've posted many excellent images but the storm show in the Badlands is definitely one of your best. Nice capture!

Dave (D&A)