The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the 645D

D

delander

Classic English country park landscape with the 645D and 75mm lens, cropped.
I'm afraid I'm a bit of B&W fan, this one has a slight warming filter on it.

Jeff

tsjanik

Very nice Jeff. It's nice to see this thread continue as well; moving it here seemed to be the kiss of death.

Tom

etrigan63

Personally I think that Guy did this because the Pentax 645D images will be enough to sustain its own thread.

Shashin

I will be posting my 645D images in the "Fun with MF" thread in the medium-format section. I joined GetDPI to see work from other MFD shooters and learn from them rather than join a group devoted to a camera brand.

princepollux

Pano of Portofino at sunrise. Nine vertical shots with the FA 55mm f2.8. All shots manual at f/11 1/30 sec. Some dodging on the buildings that were in shade. Some Nik Color Effects Pro applied.

D

delander

Beautiful, pity we cant see it at a larger size, perhaps you could post a crop at 100%?

Jeff

princepollux

Two crops of the previous image. One straight ahead from where I was shooting. The other one shows the back of the harbor, with some parts still in shade.

princepollux

Here is another pano; this one of Santorini. Stitch a 9 frames from the A 35mm, mounted on rail and leveled with the 645D's electronic level. 1/125 at f/13. Some dodging & burning, plus Nik Color Effects.

princepollux

Here is a crop from the above file. As can be expected, the file reveals a lot of detail. In this crop a photographer is composing her shot, shoulder propped against the wall. I would never have noticed her while I was shooting.

tsjanik

Here is another pano; this one of Santorini. Stitch a 9 frames from the A 35mm, mounted on rail and leveled with the 645D's electronic level. 1/125 at f/13. Some dodging & burning, plus Nik Color Effects.

Fabulous. Did you pan by moving the camera along the rail? What rail did you use?

Tom

princepollux

A bit of confusion on my part, what I mistakenly called a rail is actually my nodal slide. I use it on an inversed Acratech GP ballhead (a clever design which allows me to shoot perfectly leveled panos without a leveling base/panning clamp). Due to the lack of close foreground, I could easily have shot this without the nodal rail (i.e. without paying attention to nodal point/exit pupil/watchamacallit) but I was a pano newbie at the time and wasn't taking any chances. Stitching in CS5 Photomerge with the Repositionning option was easy.

D&A

Jeff, Lovely B&W park image. I can image the tonality could be adjusted in a number of ways for this particular image...as I'm trying to get a visual of the various possibilities (looks) in my head.

Princepollux, stunning images! As others have expressed, I'd love to see these printed large/wall mounted. In the last pano you posted, I felt there was a slight bit more post processing than I might have wanted...not sure if it's just the colors pumped up a bit or what looks like a mild HDR effect. Regardless, this is just a subjective comment on my part and the images are truly impressive.

Dave (D&A)

princepollux

Dave, you're right there is some tonal contrast applied, as well as a bit of Nik sunshine filter to warm up the general tonality. Just my personal taste. Perhaps also some sharpening artifacts, the file is downsized from an aggressively sharpened 60"x20" (canvas being the final destination).

benroy

Subscriber Member
Out on the dawn patrol, trying (but failing) to beat the heat:

B&W branches: 35/3.5 A, leaves: 120/4 Macro A, flowers: 150/2.8 FA, statue: 150/2.8 FA

Roy Benson

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Mailman brought a 80-160/4.5 FA lens this afternoon...took it out along my backyard fence for a workout...here are some samples.

Also breaking in an Epson 3000 printer...thus a couple of black and white conversions to give the printer a workout.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

princepollux

A field of lupines on Mount Desert Island in Acadia National Park. Shot at dusk with A 35mm + 2 ND grads for 5 f/stops correction. No focus stacking due to light wind; even at f/13 the background is not completely sharp. MF is unforgiving.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Beautiful field of lupines...have always wanted to visit Acadia National Park...this image really increases that desire.

Roy Benson