The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Manual focus lenses on the K-5

Rich M

Mine hasn't even arrived yet and I'm already thinking about manually focused lenses (both legacy and new) on the K-5.

I, like many others, have had major joy mounting legacy glass on the m4/3 camera system :). I have had less joy :)() mounting MF lenses on my 5DII. The main reasons are the optical viewfinder, especially in low light, and aging eyes...(hehe....a few years ago, I never thought I'd be writing this).

On the 5DII, I tried the Brightscreen split focus prism screen....didn't work all that wonderfully and messed up the exposure settings using certain lenses. Focus confirmation chips on adapter rings are a joke....ok for transferring some EXIF data, but not for critical focus.

Still, there are some MF lenses on the 5DII that are really nice.

I assume that the K-5 with its optical viewfinder will pretty much the same situation.

Anyone have any experiences they would like to share? What legacy lenses can be mounted (looks like anything with a M42 mount for starters....YEAH Taks and CZJ's!!). Anyone convert any lenses to mount (like my C/Y CZ's via a Leitax conversion)? How about the new Zeiss ZK lenses?

Or should I just be happy with a great autofocusing camera?

Comments kindly appreciated.....R