The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A few K5 shots from Myrtle Beach

markwon

Spent a day with the family there before school starts again. I took with me the K5, 18-135, 15, 31, and 200. Ended up mostly shooting with the zoom and 200. Wish I had more time there.

One thing was obvious--the RAW files from the K5 are very impressive, even at high ISO. Further, I really like the color output from the sensor. Reminds me a little of the Sigma DP1/2, sort of pastel like without being unsaturated (hard to explain).

All taken with the 18-135

Rich M

Mark....nice family shots. Those boys look like happy campers at the water's edge.

Must be the recessive Hawaii genome ;)

R

BTW....the shot with the 200 didn't post.

markwon

Mark....nice family shots. Those boys look like happy campers at the water's edge.

Must be the recessive Hawaii genome ;)

R

BTW....the shot with the 200 didn't post.
Thanks Rich! Yes, they love the water, though they were born in Virginia and PA.

I wish I could try out this new gear in HI too! I'm jealous.

the recessive Hawaii genome...probably.

jonoslack

Nice one Mark
I like the colour one with the three boys looking right atcha.

. . . . we also have 3 boys, looks like about the same age difference . . but ours are now 27, 25, 22 and they're a bit bigger than yours too!

all the best

markwon

Thanks for your comments everyone!

Jono, Sounds like you and your wife paid your dues in raising them boys! I still have a long way to go. Mine are 6 (x2) and 4.

BTW--I just go my 16-50 used copy, and it's actually price nice so far. I like it much better than the Sigma 17-50 which was too contrasty and had focus problems. Are you going for a 4th copy?

jonoslack

Thanks for your comments everyone!

Jono, Sounds like you and your wife paid your dues in raising them boys! I still have a long way to go. Mine are 6 (x2) and 4.

BTW--I just go my 16-50 used copy, and it's actually price nice so far. I like it much better than the Sigma 17-50 which was too contrasty and had focus problems. Are you going for a 4th copy?
We are still paying our dues - they're completely gorgeous, but they ain't cheap!
the oldest works in the business with me (2.1/5 years now and we're still talking - and actually, he really is pretty self sufficient [as long as we pay him])
the middle one is teaching english in China
the baby is working in an engineering company in France
Which is all fab, and we're quite proud . . . but somehow there always needs to be some sort of top up or other :ROTFL:

They will lead you a merry dance!

As for the 16-50, I'm considering - it's a touch decision, but I think I might just wait a while. I have to decide by tomorrow when I go in and pick up my K5 replacement.

all the best

markwon

Jono, I guess parenting never "really" ends. Sounds like your boys had great parents growing up!

Yes, I have twins (identical). I'm surprised that you saw the difference, since it usually takes people some time to tell them apart. Of course, my wife and I also felt they were distinct.

As for the 16-50, I've been trying to discern what is "normal" for this lens in terms of sharpness. Any tips? Focus is pretty quick and relatively accurate though.