The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Choosing a telephoto lens (zoom or not)

Knorp

Here in New England, we are in a wonderful week long drizzle fest. As soon as the sun makes a return, i am looking forward to it.
Joe
Ow bummer, but otoh what a great opportunity to test your kit's weather resistant :p

All the best.

woodyspedden

Re: Quick Lens Update....

Just an update... ordered the 43mm Ltd. today from B&H.. it is back in stock and they have a very good price $569... other places like Amazon and Adorama have it at $749. I've been trying to buy this lens for the last month but couldn't find a decent price. B&H has been out of stock forever... they sent me a notification today and I ordered the 43 the moment I received the notice.. should be here Friday.

Now I have the 3 Amigos... 31, 43 and 77. :)

Now just need a good wide prime and.....

Just found out today that I will be shooting Willie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic and now I know I will have to find a fast tele/zoom before that date. I've shot it before and you gotta have something with a bit more reach than the 18-135.
Jim

For the wide prime you might want to look at the Zeiss ZK 18mm. The wides from Pentax are not very good, particularly the 15mm.

Popflash photo had some 18 ZK's left when I bought mine and may still have a few. Apparently they bought the last run produced by Zeiss

Best

Woody