Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Processing: K5&C1 - good match ?

  1. #1
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,995
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question Processing: K5&C1 - good match ?

    Using Capture One Pro 6 for my K5 DNG shots doesn't seems to be a good match.
    Colours are really funky and trying to correct the WB there are only two options: <custom> and <shot>, I'm using ICC profile K5 Generic V2 but any other profile doesn't help either.
    The in-camera JPGs are fine, though.
    Next to C1 I also have LR and Aperture, but I'm having two left hands with these tools ...

    Anyone out there having good experience with K5 and C1 ?
    If so, I'd like to hear from you !

    Here's a sample: the flowers are supposed to be deep purple/blue ...



    All the very best.
    Bart ...

  2. #2
    Senior Member Ario Arioldi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    784
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Processing: K5&C1 - good match ?

    If you want to use C1 with your K5 files I suggest you to choose the PEF option instead of the DNG.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Posts
    2,077
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Processing: K5&C1 - good match ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Using Capture One Pro 6 for my K5 DNG shots doesn't seems to be a good match.
    Colours are really funky and trying to correct the WB there are only two options: <custom> and <shot>, I'm using ICC profile K5 Generic V2 but any other profile doesn't help either.
    The in-camera JPGs are fine, though.
    Next to C1 I also have LR and Aperture, but I'm having two left hands with these tools ...

    Anyone out there having good experience with K5 and C1 ?
    If so, I'd like to hear from you !

    Here's a sample: the flowers are supposed to be deep purple/blue ...



    All the very best.
    I have tried both C1 and Lightroom for my K-5 DNG files and Lightroom is superior IMHO. Your mileage may vary

    Woody

  4. #4
    Senior Member Ario Arioldi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    784
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Processing: K5&C1 - good match ?

    To the best of my knowledge only the PEF files of K-5 are officially supported by Capture One.

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,995
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Re: Processing: K5&C1 - good match ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ario Arioldi View Post
    To the best of my knowledge only the PEF files of K-5 are officially supported by Capture One.
    Hi there Ario,

    thank you for the tip: indeed the PEF files work fine in C1.
    Colour rendering is a bit different though.

    Kind regards.
    Bart ...

  6. #6
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,995
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Re: Processing: K5&C1 - good match ?

    Quote Originally Posted by woodyspedden View Post
    I have tried both C1 and Lightroom for my K-5 DNG files and Lightroom is superior IMHO. Your mileage may vary

    Woody
    Thank you Woody for your advice, I'll certainly have a look at LR and do the comparison between the two.
    For now I'm delighted that the K5 raws [PEF] are handled correctly by C1 !

    Kind regards.
    Bart ...

  7. #7
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Processing: K5&C1 - good match ?

    Another advantage for LR is the availability of excellent Adobe/Pentax lens profiles for almost all modern Pentax lenses used with the K5. One click distortion and CA correction.
    Carl
    Gallery

  8. #8
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,995
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Processing: K5&C1 - good match ?

    Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    Another advantage for LR is the availability of excellent Adobe/Pentax lens profiles for almost all modern Pentax lenses used with the K5. One click distortion and CA correction.
    Ha! Now that's a good excuse to get myself acquainted with LR !
    Thanks, Carl.

    All the very best.
    Bart ...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •