Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 51 to 72 of 72

Thread: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    944
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Very nice Bart........I just picked a copy of this lens up (used). I hope that copy is as sharp as yours......and that my pictures are as good.

    R

  2. #52
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Bart: the 16-50 is looking more and more like the ideal travel camera...good sharp images, snappy color...not only looks windy, but a bit on the chilly side as compared to the 90+ temps we're getting here...you don't dare walk barefooted on the beach sand!

    Roy Benson

  3. #53
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    Very nice Bart........I just picked a copy of this lens up (used). I hope that copy is as sharp as yours......and that my pictures are as good.

    R
    Hi there Rich,

    well, looking at Jono's history with this lens, it's a bit of a gamble whether you get a decent copy or end up with a lemon.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you !

    All the very best.
    Bart ...

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Hi David,

    Why the bleary optic ? What's wrong then ?

    Kind regards.
    Late night processing files.

  5. #55
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Quote Originally Posted by benroy View Post
    Bart: the 16-50 is looking more and more like the ideal travel camera...good sharp images, snappy color...not only looks windy, but a bit on the chilly side as compared to the 90+ temps we're getting here...you don't dare walk barefooted on the beach sand!

    Roy Benson
    Hidiho Roy,

    it certainly is a fine lens, but frankly I feel the 18-135 has the edge in terms of versatility.
    No problemo here regarding high temps: we're lucky when hitting 70 ...

    All the best.
    Bart ...

  6. #56
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Late night processing files.
    Aha, that explains it ! So it's not too serious then.
    The bleary vision that is, not the processing of course ...

    Take care.
    Bart ...

  7. #57
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    The heather is in full bloom now giving the landscape that beautiful purple hue.
    Too bad the sky was hopeless.

    Bart ...

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    The heather is in full bloom now giving the landscape that beautiful purple hue.
    Too bad the sky was hopeless.
    I was luckier with the sky. I was looking for lowland heath for a panorama for a friend. When I saw your shot I wondered if it was the same location, Further inspection showed it wasn't.
    This wasn't one we used but it reminded me of your shot. Not with 16-50 but 40mm ltd, stitched.
    Best wishes
    David

  9. #59
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    I was luckier with the sky. I was looking for lowland heath for a panorama for a friend. When I saw your shot I wondered if it was the same location, Further inspection showed it wasn't.
    This wasn't one we used but it reminded me of your shot. Not with 16-50 but 40mm ltd, stitched.
    Best wishes
    David
    Hi David,

    and a fine stitch it is and your sky is certainly much better.
    As for panos: wouldn't it be wonderful if we could get around that 1200 pix limitation ?
    Btw - my shot is from the 'Posbank/Veluwe' near Arnhem.

    Kind regards.
    Bart ...

  10. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Hi David,

    and a fine stitch it is and your sky is certainly much better.
    As for panos: wouldn't it be wonderful if we could get around that 1200 pix limitation ?
    Btw - my shot is from the 'Posbank/Veluwe' near Arnhem.

    Kind regards.
    I shot the panoramasin portrait format top get as much out of the sensor as I could. I shot the one above as a possability for Alamy, while I was waiting for friend to find locations. Won't use 3 shots though.

    Location is interesting and I will forward link to my Zoology friend. Will also google earth it.

    Thanks
    David

  11. #61
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Views from the Amsterdam harbour by boat.







    Bart ...

  12. #62
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Massive machinery, ships, rendered in brilliant detail...well done, Bart.

  13. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    944
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Quote Originally Posted by benroy View Post
    Massive machinery, ships, rendered in brilliant detail...well done, Bart.
    I agree with Roy.

    R

  14. #64
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    We were very lucky with the weather today.
    Despite the gloomy forecast and rain in the morning, the afternoon turned out to be glorious.
    I'd say a pretty fair day, although a bit windy and came across this flock of sheep in the dunes near Bergen.



    Last edited by Knorp; 5th September 2011 at 15:30.
    Bart ...

  15. #65
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Thanks for the mutton amongst the heather shots, Bart. One muttonian has blue paint on its backside...the one in the foreground has a yellow backside...reason?

    Roy Benson

  16. #66
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Quote Originally Posted by benroy View Post
    Thanks for the mutton amongst the heather shots, Bart. One muttonian has blue paint on its backside...the one in the foreground has a yellow backside...reason?

    Roy Benson
    Hey Roy,

    well the marking is for different reasons: keeping track of ownership or which ewe have been bred by which ram, et cetera.
    Try a bit of googling ...

    Best regards.
    Bart ...

  17. #67
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Images from the street organ festival at the Amsterdam Dam Square.
    I'll post detail shots later.















    Bart ...

  18. #68
    Senior Member Jim Radcliffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    627
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    One of the local churches conducts a fund raiser every year in September by bringing in a small carnival with rides and games for the community. I took the K5 and DA* 16-50 with me and walked around looking for something to shoot.. came away with only this one shot.. it was just too crowded.. but if I get one keeper, I'm happy.

    I wondered which would serve it best, color or B&W. Thought I would share both with you.



    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

  19. #69
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Lovely, Jim....they sky is threatening and contrasts well with the image...feels like I am there...

    B&W works better for me...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  20. #70
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Bart and Jim: wonderful images!

    Roy Benson

  21. #71
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Quote Originally Posted by benroy View Post
    Bart and Jim: wonderful images!

    Roy Benson
    Hi there Roy, thanks and I hope you're doing well.

    Kind regards.
    Bart ...

  22. #72
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with DA*16-50 [for as long as it last]

    Found another heather shot with a more interesting sky (I think), still it's a bit dull I'm afraid.

    Bart ...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •