Post Thanks / Like

K5 FGF

To boost your K5 Feel Good Factor

http://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/..._Pentax_K5.php

Kind regards.
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: K5 FGF

I admit that K-5's a great DSLR (I own one), but one should take anything the admin Adam at PF posts with a grain of salt. That's because to me he looks like trying to be the Pentax marketing department.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Bart. I think this is a very fair review. It's why I switched from a Canon System (5DII, 1DIII) to a K5. Build quality, form factor, and smaller size, coupled with improved sensor dynamic range. I do feel that the K5 gives up some ground to the 7D and obviously the 1D series with regards to AF, but for my type of work, it's entirely adequate, and it's nice to have the comfort of great high ISO performance.

Thanks for sharing this useful link!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I fell for all the rave reviews in the photo mags and tried the 7D TWICE! Both times images were very soft. I posted complaints about this on FM...had quite a few FMers agree with me. I sent both cameras back. Now I have fallen for the K-5 and lenses and it's been a very pleasurable and rewarding experience, from the way it fits in my hand to the images that it produces...I sold off all my Canon gear to finance the Pentax stuff...the Nikon (d700 and d200) gear will go soon.

Roy Benson