The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Macros

Knorp

Lots of great photos here!

@ Knorp, the backlit 'droopy' poppy is wonderful!

Just came across these dragonflies today while out for a walk in the dark, cloudy/rainy weather we are having...can't wait for better weather!
:thumbup: Beautiful shots, Neil. Damsel- and dragonflies are my favourite critters.

I'm 'suffering' in particular from windy weather conditions here.
Almost impossible to get anything properly sharp and/or in focus.

Thank you and kind regards.

neilvan

Actually, they are Damselflies.

Cheers... M
Thanks for the correction, bug ID has never been my thing... :rolleyes:

:thumbup: Beautiful shots, Neil. Damsel- and dragonflies are my favourite critters.

I'm 'suffering' in particular from windy weather conditions here.
Almost impossible to get anything properly sharp and/or in focus.

Thank you and kind regards.
I hear you, fourth day of 'summer' here and it's just pouring rain right now... :(

benroy

Subscriber Member
Trying to keep Jim's "green frog" thread going. All pics taken with the 35/2.8 Macro lens...crouching in damp, buggy underbrush early Sunday AM.

Roy Benson

Last edited:
T

thinkfloyd

I'm not sure if these were with a Sigma 105/2.8 or Pentax bellows... these are quite old ;)

neilvan

Love that second one Joe, the colour and texture is fantastic!

K-5/100mm WR, f8 @ 1/250th, ISO640

Knorp

@Joe: how could I have ignored this ? Love the delicate structures of the flower and lichen.

@Neil: what an excellent image, fine colours and amazing detail of the bee's head.

All the very best ... :thumbs:

Knorp

Shot under unfavorable windy conditions.

| apo-macro-elmarit-r 1:2.8/100mm | 1.7x t/c |

benroy

Subscriber Member
CROTONS: long (6-8"), narrow (1") spiraling leaves of brilliant color...shot with the 35 Macro lens...focused on the antenna-like structure at the tip of the leaves...to be honest: shot at high noon, so there is quite a bit of burning and dodging,, along with some cropping.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Rich M

CROTONS: long (6-8"), narrow (1") spiraling leaves of brilliant color...shot with the 35 Macro lens...focused on the antenna-like structure at the tip of the leaves...to be honest: shot at high noon, so there is quite a bit of burning and dodging,, along with some cropping.

Roy Benson
A kaleidoscope of colors Roy........very nice.

R

benroy

Subscriber Member
35 Macro revisited on the Labor Day dawn patrol...this is a good all-round lens, not just a macro.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Knorp

35 Macro revisited on the Labor Day dawn patrol...this is a good all-round lens, not just a macro.

Roy Benson
Hidiho Roy,

you have been quite busy I see :thumbup:
Yes, that 35 is a little corker for sure.

Kind regards.