Site Sponsors

Thread: 135mm f2.8 pentax lenses

Post Thanks / Like

135mm f2.8 pentax lenses

I've been reading good things about both the Pentax-FA 135mm F2.8 [IF] and Pentax-F 135mm F2.8 [IF] but the downside is they're as rare as rocking horse s--t. If only Pentax would produce a new alternative, preferably a limited version I could get rid of the 50-135 and have a real lightweight outfit.
    "Well you can't always get what you want" So I'm stuck with what I need
    David

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: 135mm f2.8 pentax lenses

David........do you own the 100WR? I own a manual focus 135mm. I find that when I have the 100WR on the camera, I use foot zoom and can easily match the focal length of the 135 (it's about 6-7 paces). The bokeh on the 100 is pretty nice plus the macro thing.

However, if you are in a situation where you are movement restricted, the 135 is a pretty sweet focal length.

R

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 135mm f2.8 pentax lenses

Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    David........do you own the 100WR? I own a manual focus 135mm. I find that when I have the 100WR on the camera, I use foot zoom and can easily match the focal length of the 135 (it's about 6-7 paces). The bokeh on the 100 is pretty nice plus the macro thing.

However, if you are in a situation where you are movement restricted, the 135 is a pretty sweet focal length.

R
    I want something a bit further away from the 70 than 100mm. I have been tempted, by the 100 macro, as I saw the Samsung version of the lens in a clearance section of a store.