The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

K5 and the Ghost In The Window

This is a shot of the back exit of the old Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas. To understand how big this hotel is you need to visit this site.

The hotel was built in 1929 and has been abandoned for the last 30 years. It totally dominates the skyline of Mineral Wells and it has a very interesting history. There have been many reports of the old hotel being haunted and that's why the title "Ghost In The Window"

I have got to find a way to gain entry to this place. It is amazing.

Shot with the K5 and the DA * 50-135. F/4.5 @ 1/1250 ISO 400

Terry

Looks good...but not exactly inviting for a stay. I'd wake up not knowing if it is a breeze or a ghost.

tsjanik

Bottom right window pane with just a little imagination.
Doesn't take all that much imagination; are you sure you want to gain entry?
Judging from the condition of the window, it can't be too difficult to get in - getting out is what would concern me.

Nice shot BTW

Tom

Knorp

Interesting place and ditto shot, Jim.
You've got to love these places, full of great photops.
But if you one day actually get access to its premises, take care !

Kind regards.

rparmar

Very nice. I can see why you're tempted to get inside. But hard hat, visibility vest and companion advised!